Windows 10: RDP in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support RDP in Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Currently my OS is Windows 10 Home. From time to time i need to connect to my pc at work, using remote web workplace. Unfortunately the Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by furi, Aug 22, 2015.

1. furi Win User

RDP in Windows 10 Home

Hello

Currently my OS is Windows 10 Home. From time to time i need to connect to my pc at work, using remote web workplace. Unfortunately the Home edition does not come with the support of remote desktop. It keeps asking to install RDP 6.0 or later...

Does anyone know any alternative so i can still keep connecting to my pc at work via RWW?

Thanks in advance

:)

2. JimWynne Win User

Windows10 Home

The RDP function is not available in Windows 10 Home. A computer running Pro or Enterprise (which have RDP) can initiate a connection to a computer with the Home version. The Home version cannot initiate an RDP session.

JimWynne, Aug 22, 2015
  3. KV4LQ Win User
    RDP server for Windows 10 Home?

Is there any way to run an RDP server on Windows 10 Home? I frequently use VNC for remote access but prefer RDP.

KV4LQ, Aug 22, 2015
  4. wilkster Win User

RDP in Windows 10 Home

This might work for you.

wilkster, Aug 22, 2015
  5. furi Win User
    Installed it but doesnt seem to be working for me.

6. sml156 Win User
    It works fine on my Windows 10 home version connecting to a windows 7 pro, If you are trying to connect to a home version computer it is not supported you will have to use another program like teamviewer (free version available) or VNC (paid). I opened remote desktop by typing it in the search bar

sml156, Aug 23, 2015
  7. furi Win User
    I've installed it again, but i still get the message that i need to install RDP 6.0 or later.
    I'm connecting to a Windows 7 Pro version by the way.
    Any idea what i've might done wrong?

8. NavyLCDR New Member

RDP in Windows 10 Home

NavyLCDR, Aug 24, 2015
  9. furi Win User
    Alright, thanks! Will try that tomorrow.

furi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

RDP in Windows 10 Home

1. RDP in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - RDP Home

2. Hacked? RDP logs on Windows 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacked? RDP logs on Windows 11 Home edition: A few days ago, I decided to check Event Viewer Logs after noticing a few oddities with my PC. I have Windows 11 Home Edition installed, so RDP should be disabled by default. Yet I found hundreds of events logged in the Terminal Service Local Session Manager Operational Logs....
  3. Hacked? RDP logs on Windows 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hacked? RDP logs on Windows 11 Home edition: A few days ago, I decided to check Event Viewer Logs after noticing a few oddities with my PC. I have Windows 11 Home Edition installed, so RDP should be disabled by default. Yet I found hundreds of events logged in the Terminal Service Local Session Manager Operational Logs....
  4. RDP Windows 11/10 Pro for other PC has to be Win 11/10 home or Pro to Connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Windows 11/10 Pro for other PC has to be Win 11/10 home or Pro to Connect: Hi, I would like to freelance using Remote Desktop program. If I have Windows 11/10 Pro, can I remote into a computer that has Windows 11/10 Home edition. Please let me know. Thank you!...
  5. RDP Windows 11/10 Pro for other PC has to be Win 11/10 home or Pro to Connect

RDP Windows 11/10 Pro for other PC has to be Win 11/10 home or Pro to Connect: Hi, I would like to freelance using Remote Desktop program. If I have Windows 11/10 Pro, can I remote into a computer that has Windows 11/10 Home edition. Please let me know. Thank you!...
  6. Unable to do RDP to windows vista home premium PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to do RDP to windows vista home premium PC: Hi Team,I am unable to do Remote Desktop connection to windows vista home premium PC. Could you please assist on this?So far followed steps is enabling the Vista PC the RDP settings where the I have ticked the checkbox for "allow other computers to access it".Thanks Treesa...
  7. Unable to do RDP to windows vista home premium PC

Unable to do RDP to windows vista home premium PC: Hi Team,I am unable to do Remote Desktop connection to windows vista home premium PC. Could you please assist on this?So far followed steps is enabling the Vista PC the RDP settings where the I have ticked the checkbox for "allow other computers to access it".Thanks Treesa...
  8. Windows 10 Home edition rdp issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home edition rdp issues: Recently i purchased one HP Pavilion Laptop -15 cs3000xx with Windows10 Home Single language. I am trying to do rdp from my laptop to other laptop running on Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate , from either of sideRDP is not working. Also I am running VMware Work station 14.x , from...
  9. Multiple monitos support in RDP from Windows 10 Home to Windows 7 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple monitos support in RDP from Windows 10 Home to Windows 7 Enterprise: Hi, I have Windows 7 Enterprise PC at work with multiple monitors, and I'm running Windows 10 Home edition at home with multiple monitors. I'd like to use Remote Desktop with multiple monitors setup to connect from home to work. "Use all my monitors for remote session"...
  10. rdp client in win10 home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    rdp client in win10 home: [ATTACH] everything i search comes up on how to enable the server. can someone with win10 home confirm if the RDP CLIENT not SERVER is in Win10? This one: https://preview.redd.it/0lc31j538h541.png?width=407&format=png&auto=webp&s=eb47cdd3255acd6129695e7c50867d3e4d44d3ab...