Windows 10: RDP & intermittent BSOD - information only

Discus and support RDP & intermittent BSOD - information only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; posting this for informational purposes. for those of you that may not be aware, if you are using RDP (microsoft remote desktop) and port 3389, its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EliteData, May 2, 2017.

1. EliteData Win User

RDP & intermittent BSOD - information only

posting this for informational purposes.
    for those of you that may not be aware, if you are using RDP (microsoft remote desktop) and port 3389, its advisable that you change to a different port number or if you are not using RDP, make sure port 3389 incoming connections is blocked at your router or firewall or you can disable RDP services all together through services in the management console if you are not using a router/firewall.
    you will receive random BSOD's that may falsely indicate issues with a touchpad driver or another device driver associated with RDP.
    the RDP brute force DOS attack is still ongoing as of this writing and appears to adversely affect Win10 OS more than the previous operating systems did likely due to the RDP protocol not being patched to mitigate the attacks.

:)

EliteData, May 2, 2017

2. RDP fails to launch

RDP fails to launch. Problem is intermittent - reboot fixes this, but that isn't an acceptable solution.

I have been looking for a solution that works, or is the only solution to reboot the computer every time one wants to launch the RDP?

Don Hudson, May 2, 2017
  3. Remote Desktop Issue with Windows 10

RDP & intermittent BSOD - information only [​IMG]

RDP (Server) Win 7 /64

Client PC's, Win 7 /64 and Win 10/64

all have the same problem. The error shows up intermittent. Some times after 5 min sometimes after 60 min.

I've never seen the error when the RDP was minimized on the client.

AND by far I am not the only one. There are MANY USERS who report the same problem all over when you do a Google search - but no valid solution.

The only way to get it back it to reopen the RDP connection and wait for it to happen again.

-Mike

Mike.Sun73, May 2, 2017
Thema:

RDP & intermittent BSOD - information only

1. RDP & intermittent BSOD - information only - Similar Threads - RDP intermittent BSOD

2. Intermittent "Service abend" BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent "Service abend" BSOD: Recovery from this BSOD requires POWER OFF/ON. It records logging information of which are in closed. I have 2 systems, a Desktop & this Laptop. Their features are defined in my current system specifications on this forum. This problem only happens on the Laptop. The laptop...
  3. Intermittent BSOD

Intermittent BSOD: I've been getting intermittent BSOD for quite a while now, almost always IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, but occasionally a few others. This happens about 1-2 times per week. Usually it's either 2 times in a row about 5-10 min after boot-up, or 1 time completely randomly while my...
  4. Intermittent BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal

Intermittent BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal: For a long time I have been getting intermittent BSOD, mainly on boot. The normal stop code with these BSOD is irql_not_less_or_equal. I haven't been able to identify a root cause for this. Most of the time, the PC will show a BSOD on boot, and on restart will load Windows...
  5. Intermittent BSODs - unknown trigger

Intermittent BSODs - unknown trigger: Hi I have had intermittent BSODS. Here are the two most recent BSODs. The newer is triggered during driver verifier. As far as I could tell the older ones which I do not have dumps for, were similar to the non-dump files. The trigger is unknown - it can happen anytime, such...
  6. RDP Requesting only a password, no username.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    RDP Requesting only a password, no username.: I have kind of a wierd one I think, I haven't been able to find an answer or solution, so I'm hoping someone here has a solution. On my domain workstation, whenever I go to connect to a server over RDP, I get this stupid box: [img] Now, I can click 'more options', and...
  7. Intermittent BSOD's

Intermittent BSOD's: So I recently began getting some BSOD's out of nowhere, It started after I was overclocking only a small amount during the weekend, it wasn't as effective as I had hoped so I have had it set to default since last saturday. I had thought that it was a bluetooth component...
  8. Intermittent BSOD memory managment

Intermittent BSOD memory managment: Hi all, I have intermittent BSOD and it says memory management. I checked the previous posts and all the solutions didn't work for me. I just built a new system. I updated MB BIOS firmware and still having problem. Windows 7 updates are current. Help this is driving me...
  9. Intermittent BSOD

Intermittent BSOD: Hello everyone, I am getting an intermittent BSOD that occurs randomly as I am using the computer. I've attached the zip as instructed. Any insight provided is very much appreciated! Also, the error is: BSOD k.mode exception not handled (ndis.sys) Cheers, Munk 73661
  10. BSOD intermittent crash

BSOD intermittent crash: Hello everyone, I keep receiving the blue screen of death and can not pin point what is causing it. Some days it may happen two or three times and then sometimes I can go a whole week without it occurring. I have included my log collector results file if this could help...