Windows 10: RDP & intermittent BSOD - information only

Discus and support RDP & intermittent BSOD - information only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; posting this for informational purposes. for those of you that may not be aware, if you are using RDP (microsoft remote desktop) and port 3389, its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EliteData, May 2, 2017.

1. EliteData Win User

RDP & intermittent BSOD - information only

posting this for informational purposes.
    for those of you that may not be aware, if you are using RDP (microsoft remote desktop) and port 3389, its advisable that you change to a different port number or if you are not using RDP, make sure port 3389 incoming connections is blocked at your router or firewall or you can disable RDP services all together through services in the management console if you are not using a router/firewall.
    you will receive random BSOD's that may falsely indicate issues with a touchpad driver or another device driver associated with RDP.
    the RDP brute force DOS attack is still ongoing as of this writing and appears to adversely affect Win10 OS more than the previous operating systems did likely due to the RDP protocol not being patched to mitigate the attacks.

:)

EliteData, May 2, 2017

2. RDP fails to launch

RDP fails to launch. Problem is intermittent - reboot fixes this, but that isn't an acceptable solution.

I have been looking for a solution that works, or is the only solution to reboot the computer every time one wants to launch the RDP?

Don Hudson, May 2, 2017
  3. Remote Desktop Issue with Windows 10

RDP & intermittent BSOD - information only [​IMG]

RDP (Server) Win 7 /64

Client PC's, Win 7 /64 and Win 10/64

all have the same problem. The error shows up intermittent. Some times after 5 min sometimes after 60 min.

I've never seen the error when the RDP was minimized on the client.

AND by far I am not the only one. There are MANY USERS who report the same problem all over when you do a Google search - but no valid solution.

The only way to get it back it to reopen the RDP connection and wait for it to happen again.

-Mike

Mike.Sun73, May 2, 2017
Thema:

RDP & intermittent BSOD - information only

1. RDP & intermittent BSOD - information only - Similar Threads - RDP intermittent BSOD

2. Intermittent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent BSOD: Hi, I've been getting bluescreen IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows 10 error, sometimes APC_INDEX_MISMATCHminidumps here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixkrgGAonWXpQSLD?e=2tOQ1vAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  3. Intermittent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent BSOD: Hi, I've been getting bluescreen IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Windows 10 error, sometimes APC_INDEX_MISMATCHminidumps here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixkrgGAonWXpQSLD?e=2tOQ1vAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  4. Intermittent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent BSOD: I've been getting intermittent BSOD for quite a while now. This happens about 1-2 times per week. Here's the minidump linkhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixdspyInfqOKATu6?e=CRzEIX...
  5. Intermittent BSOD

Intermittent BSOD: CPU Specs:CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorGPU - AMD Radeon RX 5700 XTMem - new 32 GB corsair sticksHard Drive: new 1 TB m.2 SSDCrash Dumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eN__CYfiHZC4hO1kISi_KWnRLiMYBqNn/view?usp=sharinglet me know if anyone is able to find out what...
  6. Intermittent BSOD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent BSOD's: BSOD'sI am constantly getting BSOD's and am at my wits end. Looking up the stopcodes and the reasoning behind them are no help. Below is the zipped file of my latest minidumps, msinfo and speccy. I was going to zip up the memory dump but my system crashed before it could even...
  7. Intermittent BSOD's

Intermittent BSOD's: BSOD'sI am constantly getting BSOD's and am at my wits end. Looking up the stopcodes and the reasoning behind them are no help. Below is the zipped file of my latest minidumps, msinfo and speccy. I was going to zip up the memory dump but my system crashed before it could even...
  8. Intermittent BSOD's

9. Intermittent BSOD

Intermittent BSOD: Ive been having some issues with crashing after leaving my computer sitting for a short amount of time. If im actively using it, it very rarely crashes. Bluescreenviewer says its ntoskrnl but I've learned that thats not true. Everything in my system has been reset and drivers...
  10. Intermittent BSOD

Intermittent BSOD: Hello everyone, I am getting an intermittent BSOD that occurs randomly as I am using the computer. I've attached the zip as instructed. Any insight provided is very much appreciated! Also, the error is: BSOD k.mode exception not handled (ndis.sys) Cheers, Munk 73661