Windows 10: RDP lagging for absolutely no reason to the machine next to it

Discus and support RDP lagging for absolutely no reason to the machine next to it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have windows 10 PC. I RDP to my laptop, windows 10 pro sitting next to it, on the same local network. RDP is lagging constantly, I have to wait a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DnDGregC, May 24, 2020.

1. RDP lagging for absolutely no reason to the machine next to it

I have windows 10 PC.

I RDP to my laptop, windows 10 pro sitting next to it, on the same local network.

RDP is lagging constantly, I have to wait a couple of seconds for input to continue if I am typing.

Both machines show 0% CPU, 0% Network, 0% disk activity or near 0.

It is driving me insane.

submitted by /u/DnDGregC
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DnDGregC, May 24, 2020

2. Slow RDP connection to host machine after updates

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the RDP connection to the host machine is slow after the updates.

As the issue is related to RDP connection on Virtual Machines, I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have experts who have more knowledge on Virtual Machines and RDP connections.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 24, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, May 24, 2020
  4. RDP lagging for absolutely no reason to the machine next to it

RDP

Hi Nikki,

We can see here that you are having issues using (RDP) Remote Desktop Protocol on your computer. There are several reasons why you are experiencing this concern. To set your expectation, we will be doing some troubleshooting steps to isolate
    this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • When did you notice about this issue?
    • Can you send us a screenshot with the error message that you are getting? Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, May 24, 2020
Thema:

RDP lagging for absolutely no reason to the machine next to it

1. RDP lagging for absolutely no reason to the machine next to it - Similar Threads - RDP lagging absolutely

2. My computer keeps freezing and lagging for absolutely no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps freezing and lagging for absolutely no reason.: Most of the time I have no programs running and it will still lag and freeze. I noticed when I press the windows key everything seems but my cursor is still not moving. I thought it might be the driver so I tried updating it but I still get the same issue. I have 8gb of RAM...
  3. My computer keeps freezing and lagging for absolutely no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps freezing and lagging for absolutely no reason.: Most of the time I have no programs running and it will still lag and freeze. I noticed when I press the windows key everything seems but my cursor is still not moving. I thought it might be the driver so I tried updating it but I still get the same issue. I have 8gb of RAM...
  4. Lagging in games without reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging in games without reason: I got a problem my games start lagging " every game" for some minutes in certain periods, i tried some things to try to fix it but didnt worki even reinstalled the windowsmy specs are intel core 2 quad8 gb ram1 tb hadr drivegeforce 9400 gtpicture before lag :picture when lag...
  5. Lagging in games without reason

Lagging in games without reason: I got a problem my games start lagging " every game" for some minutes in certain periods, i tried some things to try to fix it but didnt worki even reinstalled the windowsmy specs are intel core 2 quad8 gb ram1 tb hadr drivegeforce 9400 gtpicture before lag :picture when lag...
  6. RDP: The disconnect reason is 4408

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP: The disconnect reason is 4408: I'm trying to get RDP using an AzureAD profile for our company and have been struggling. While I got it working well on a Windows 11 laptop, I cannot get it to work on a Windows 10 laptop. I've set them up exactly the same way and am using the exact same settings in the RDP...
  7. RDP: The disconnect reason is 4408

RDP: The disconnect reason is 4408: I'm trying to get RDP using an AzureAD profile for our company and have been struggling. While I got it working well on a Windows 11 laptop, I cannot get it to work on a Windows 10 laptop. I've set them up exactly the same way and am using the exact same settings in the RDP...
  8. RDP: The disconnect reason is 4408

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. PC lags for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC lags for no reason: Hello, my computer has been randomly lagging ever since a RAM and Processor upgrade... Before upgrading, this had never happened even once. I will try to explain what is happening as best as I can. Basically at random times my entire computer will lag, everything will lag,...
  10. RDP hanging and crashing on client machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP hanging and crashing on client machine: Hey guys, I hope you are well! I am running into a hang and crash with RDP in between Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2. I have an application running as a remote app on the Windows Server 2008 R2 and in certain cases it seems to be hanging when viewing from Windows...