Windows 10: RDP Login Error

Discus and support RDP Login Error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I have a very weird issue. Whenever we try to RDP into a computer using the email address as the username, the RDP will connect but then we'll get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Henrique Da Costa1, Aug 27, 2021.

1. RDP Login Error

Hi,I have a very weird issue. Whenever we try to RDP into a computer using the email address as the username, the RDP will connect but then we'll get a login error saying wrong username and password. All computers are Windows 10 PROIt'll display the username but it's adding the domain name before the e-mail, so it shows up as domain\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** - we if we switch it to the email, it'll login fine after that. We tried to RDP into 3 different computers and they all show the same error. Others users don't have this issue, its just this one user. User is on online exchange. In RDP, if we try to

:)

Henrique Da Costa1, Aug 27, 2021
  2. Rob Arone Win User

RDP Will no longer login to Windows 7 VM

I have a Windows 7 VM running an old application, because the application will not run on Windows 10. I have been RDP into it for months, and now it is giving me this error:

"Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords"

Here's my environment:

Windows 2008r2 DC

Windows 7 & 10 Pro PC's

VM is on Win10 Pro PC, Workgroup

Like I said, worked a month ago.

I attempted to RDP from Win7 Pro PC and received the same message. But the old RDP gives you more information, and I saw that I was trying to login with a domain user, instead of a local user. Changed the login to login as a local user and it connected right
    away.

I then tried to change the login on the Win10 PC to a local login and it still gives me the same error. Is the format of local login (Machinename\Username) different on the new RDP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Arone, Aug 27, 2021
  3. RDP

Hi Nikki,

We can see here that you are having issues using (RDP) Remote Desktop Protocol on your computer. There are several reasons why you are experiencing this concern. To set your expectation, we will be doing some troubleshooting steps to isolate
    this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • When did you notice about this issue?
    • Can you send us a screenshot with the error message that you are getting? Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, Aug 27, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

RDP Login Error

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

RDP Login Error

1. RDP Login Error - Similar Threads - RDP Login Error

2. RDP install Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP install Error: Problem Summary: I was running into an issue after attempting to RDP into my work laptop. After reading a few forums that suggested an uninstall/reinstall of RDP I am getting the following error upon trying to open the new install: "the remote desktop services activex control...
  3. RDP install Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP install Error: Problem Summary: I was running into an issue after attempting to RDP into my work laptop. After reading a few forums that suggested an uninstall/reinstall of RDP I am getting the following error upon trying to open the new install: "the remote desktop services activex control...
  4. default PIN on RDP login screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default PIN on RDP login screen: Hello community,By configuring Windows hello instead of a password on a laptop, I noticed that you can't get a password prompt at a Remote Desktop login screen when you start an RDP connection.Is there a way to bypass this because the PIN authentication or biometric...
  5. Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account

Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account: Hi Everyone,I have three computers that were set up using my Microsoft Account. Recently I tried to RDP into one of them and I can't. I tried both the local PIN and my Microsoft Account password. Both resulted in "The logon attempt failed". I experienced this in the past and...
  6. RDP first login after restart

RDP first login after restart: Greetings, I have a home server and manage it via RDP. Sadly, this technology is pretty non-stable and every time I restart the server, I get an error when I try to log in to my server. It says, that "The number of connections to this computer is limited and all connections...
  7. Windows 10 + RDP + login delay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 + RDP + login delay: Seems when RDP begins the process to login/logon to a RDP client/session, it posts a full screen windows security windows until it times out approximately 30 - 60 seconds later and allows you to enter a password for that RDP client/session. This is sooooooo frustrating!!!...
  8. RDP Will no longer login to Windows 7 VM

RDP Will no longer login to Windows 7 VM: I have a Windows 7 VM running an old application, because the application will not run on Windows 10. I have been RDP into it for months, and now it is giving me this error: "Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords" Here's my...
  9. Windows 10 Auto RDP login

Windows 10 Auto RDP login: Hello every one, I Have 3 computers in my office and i want to connect them to RDP with auto after the turn on. the idea to not allow my workers to use the computer and work only with RDP. Thanks. 39942
  10. RDP to W10 login issues

RDP to W10 login issues: Hello everyone Im getting a very odd issue when I try to RDP to a Windows 10 machine I have. I run Things like plex and other stuff that is running 24/7 and sometimes I need to check in with how they are doing. This was a recent upgrade from windows 7 pro which worked...