Windows 10: RDP not working from my house network but works on another network ?

Discus and support RDP not working from my house network but works on another network ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im trying to remote to windows server 2008 R2 from my home, but its not working and giving me errors : 1- remote access server is not enabeld 2-the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eddie Butros, Jan 13, 2019.

1. RDP not working from my house network but works on another network ?

Im trying to remote to windows server 2008 R2 from my home, but its not working and giving me errors :

1- remote access server is not enabeld

2-the remote computer is turned off

3- the remote computer is not available on the network

so

i used “go to assiste” Software and im fine remoting to the server .

and i Realized that i can remote to the server from the same computer at my house but on Different network( hotspot from my phone) and my phone is not connected to my wifi it was on LTE.

And then i connected my laptop to another network at my Friend house also i was able to remote to the server !

All the settings are the same the ports are open the firewall is off on the sever and my laptop,im just wondring whats wrong with my network and whats blocking me from remoting, although i didnt change anything and i used to be able to remote to the same server ?

Can you help me,l?

:)

Eddie Butros, Jan 13, 2019
  2. numpty Win User

New House Build - Networking Advice

Hello TPU, it's been a while.

So, I'm in the fortunate position of being able to build a new house. And want your advice about how to structure my network.

All rooms will be wired to CAT-6 (probably two ports per room, plus extras for media/TV and office). That will all come back to an appropriate switch in either the garage (where the network enters the house) or office.

WiFi though I am torn about whether to:
    • have a single wifi/router placed centrally in the house, distributing the interwebs back to the switch
    • have a router near the switch + two wifi access points at either end of the house
    What do you guys think? What would be your ideal set-up (although I don't have an infinite budget or very sophisticated knowledge of networking)?

numpty, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jan 13, 2019
  4. birosh Win User

RDP not working from my house network but works on another network ?

RDP to non-admin account not working

I can RDP to an account that is an admin account but not to a non-admin account.
    I have read to check the users and make sure the appropriate accounts have been added to the user list but the option to view or edit the user list is missing from my settings window:

RDP not working from my house network but works on another network ? [​IMG]

[Advanced Button:]

RDP not working from my house network but works on another network ? [​IMG]

is there something I can check/change in the reg editor or in group policies or something to make this appear or perhaps just to enable it directly for that account?
    For reference this appears the same if I'm logged in as admin or as non-admin. (have to give admin privileges anyway to see this window in the first place)
    Thanks to anyone who can help

birosh, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

RDP not working from my house network but works on another network ?

1. RDP not working from my house network but works on another network ? - Similar Threads - RDP working house

2. Wifi working on one network, but not another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi working on one network, but not another: Hi there,I have a really weird problem that i cant find the fix for anywhere.On my pc my main wifi network is really choppy, onse second it works great, the next it doesnt work at all, to the point where it takes 20 minutes to ipen youtube. This is only a problem on my pc,...
  3. Wifi working on one network, but not another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi working on one network, but not another: Hi there,I have a really weird problem that i cant find the fix for anywhere.On my pc my main wifi network is really choppy, onse second it works great, the next it doesnt work at all, to the point where it takes 20 minutes to ipen youtube. This is only a problem on my pc,...
  4. RDP Not Connecting from External Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Not Connecting from External Network: Error Message: 0x300005fOS: Windows 11 ProRDP Initiator: Microsoft Remote Desktop Apple App StoreIssue: Every attempt 100+ times now to initiate an RDP session using the public IP address, the Host PC name, the gateway IPv4 address, and username/domain name have failedI...
  5. RDP Not Connecting from External Network

RDP Not Connecting from External Network: Error Message: 0x300005fOS: Windows 11 ProRDP Initiator: Microsoft Remote Desktop Apple App StoreIssue: Every attempt 100+ times now to initiate an RDP session using the public IP address, the Host PC name, the gateway IPv4 address, and username/domain name have failedI...
  6. Network not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network not working.: Can anyone help me...Wifi option not appear.It is not first time before it solve if I restore system but today not working system restore.What I do now ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-not-working/b4a96c51-44e5-4834-af38-11222f62f05c
  7. Network not work

Network not work: HiWhy oh why can't my laptops talk to each other any more? No matter what i do, network credentials insists that the username or password is incorrect. This is ridiculous - networking is a fundamental aspect of modern computing!!! From what i've found online, this appears to...
  8. Network not working

Network not working: My network is not working. Windows shows me that I am connected. But teams show no internet connection. Although I can join meetings on teams. I cannot surf on any web browser. Microsoft edge, google chrome, Opera all have same condition. I have used cloud fare and google...
  9. Network not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network not working: I have a mobile data connection. Windows shows me that I am connected. Although, I cannot access a thong. None of the browsers work. I have tried on Microsoft Edge, google Chrome and even at internet explorer. In my teams app it shows me that there is no internet connection....
  10. Network working, but not working.

Network working, but not working.: This morning I installed a new SSD and Windows 10 Home Pro. After installing my network adapter drivers, it indicated that I had internet connectivity. I am able to use Edge to browse the web. However, nothing else can access the internet. Firefox does nothing. I can't even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp not working from network