Windows 10: RDP not working on one machine at home

Discus and support RDP not working on one machine at home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have several machines at home that have RDP enabled. All are running Windows 10 Pro. I have enabled RDP on all via System Settings >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xxx4reggie, Mar 22, 2016.

1. RDP not working on one machine at home

Hi guys,
    I have several machines at home that have RDP enabled. All are running Windows 10 Pro.
    I have enabled RDP on all via System Settings > Remote.

RDP not working on one machine at home [​IMG]

I have also gone to Computer Management and setup the same users in the RDP Group.
    Here are the machines that I have
    DT1
    LT1
    LT2
    LT3

I can connect to and from using RDP to any machine but 1. DT1.
    It will let RDP to find it. I can access it's share drives no problem but RDP will not go to it. I can however RDP from it to any machine.

I keep checking all the settings, I've allowed RDP via Windows Firewall. I have Norton installed which I disabled but still no luck. All machines have Norton installed and I did not touch Firewall on those at all but they were fine.

Anything else I can do guys? Please help.

:)

xxx4reggie, Mar 22, 2016

2. Remote Desktop Connection

I would like to access my computer at work from home using RDP.

In the past I would VPN into the network then RDP to my PC, but I don't want to do that anymore.

I want to use RDP right from home to my PC at work. My computer at work is a Windows 7 Pro machine and the one at home is running windows 10 Pro. I have enabled remote assistance on my PC at work and checked the firewall. The next step is to use the FQDN
    in RDP to connect to my PC at work, but it didn't workRDP not working on one machine at home :(

How to I get this to work?

FYI, I am a domain admin on this network.

finsfree11, Mar 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade fails

We're in the same boat brother. Being a developer, probably like you, this machine is loaded with a ton of registered stuff. I cloned the machine from my older machine that had Pro on, this one had home on it so zinstall didn't change anything about the
    opsys. I can hang with home for a while but I paid for the upgrade and I want it to work at some point. My main reason is RDP.

Dick

RichardCrichlow, Mar 22, 2016
  4. RDP not working on one machine at home

update:
    looks like it was something with norton that was blocking the port for RDP. i had confirmed it was enabled but seems like a glitch or something.
    uninstalled and tested, rdp works
    installed norton fresh and works *Smile

xxx4reggie, Mar 22, 2016
Thema:

RDP not working on one machine at home

1. RDP not working on one machine at home - Similar Threads - RDP working machine

2. Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine: I hope someone can help as I have been pulling my hair out for a few weeks over this issue.I have a Windows 11 Virtual Machine in Azure which I have been able to connect to until recently. When connecting it gets to Securing connection and it then fails. I have tried a local...
  3. Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine: I hope someone can help as I have been pulling my hair out for a few weeks over this issue.I have a Windows 11 Virtual Machine in Azure which I have been able to connect to until recently. When connecting it gets to Securing connection and it then fails. I have tried a local...
  4. Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine: Hi,I have a desktop PC that I RDP to from a Windows 10 laptop and/or a Mac Book. I am unable to copy and paste to and from the desktop PC to either of the Client machinesI have confirmed and checked the following items;Restarted all the machinesClipboard option enabled on...
  5. Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine: Hi,I have a desktop PC that I RDP to from a Windows 10 laptop and/or a Mac Book. I am unable to copy and paste to and from the desktop PC to either of the Client machinesI have confirmed and checked the following items;Restarted all the machinesClipboard option enabled on...
  6. Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine

7. RDP not connecting from my machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP not connecting from my machine: Hi Guys,I can connect via RDP from different machines but can't from my machine. I've disabled Firewall and removed my antivirus and still the same, what could be the problem?my machine is running Windows 11, might be the reason but not sure what it is Thanks...
  8. RDP not connecting from my machine

RDP not connecting from my machine: Hi Guys,I can connect via RDP from different machines but can't from my machine. I've disabled Firewall and removed my antivirus and still the same, what could be the problem?my machine is running Windows 11, might be the reason but not sure what it is Thanks...
  9. Enabling RDP to only one machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling RDP to only one machine: Hello, So.. Whats the best way to allow users to remote only onto once machine without giving them access to a AD group which lets them remote onto all machines? I could do it via GPO but it seems to be a overkill for something which is only temp unless someone knows a easy...
  10. RDP hanging and crashing on client machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP hanging and crashing on client machine: Hey guys, I hope you are well! I am running into a hang and crash with RDP in between Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2. I have an application running as a remote app on the Windows Server 2008 R2 and in certain cases it seems to be hanging when viewing from Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an not rdp into machine when norton was installed