Windows 10: RDP Printer redirection doesn't work on SOME Windows 10 PC's

Discus and support RDP Printer redirection doesn't work on SOME Windows 10 PC's in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having trouble where printers on a Windows 10 doesn't redirect to a remote desktop environment (Remoting in to a Windows Server 2016) The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ceazar_S, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Ceazar_S Win User

RDP Printer redirection doesn't work on SOME Windows 10 PC's

I am having trouble where printers on a Windows 10 doesn't redirect to a remote desktop environment (Remoting in to a Windows Server 2016)

The following are enabled/setup:

1. Printer redirection option on the RDP file

2. Drivers are installed on both local and the remote desktop PC

Even Generic/Text Only printers doesn't redirect. This should work because generic/text only drivers is a default driver in Windows

Windows 10 OS is up to date.

Tried several Windows 10 PCs, there are some that redirect the printers. Some does not.

Can anyone help?

:)

Ceazar_S, Oct 31, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 31, 2018
  3. ITnetworX Win User
    Microssoft-Remotedesktop app - printer redirection

How to setup printer redirection in this new app?

We are not able to do so on some new windows 10 machines with latest updates.

Do we have to downgrade to the old RDP client? Or is there a workaround?

With RDP client it works on several machines.

Terminalserver farm is 2012 R2 latest updates.

Thank you

Oliver

ITnetworX, Oct 31, 2018
  4. AlbertoMA Win User

my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. RDP Printer redirection doesn't work on SOME Windows 10 PC's - Similar Threads - RDP Printer redirection

2. USB Redirection disconnects RDP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Redirection disconnects RDP: HiI connect to a Windows 2019 server via Remote Desktop and use the USB redirection to transfer files.When I transfer files to the server with the USB redirection, it will lock up and disconnect. Has anyone seen this issue before.Smaller files seems to be fine but files of...
  3. Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot: I have a client who works from home via RDP and until a week ago she didn't have any problem with printing on a local printer. A week ago the problem started. She's using two different computers to connect to the remote computer and the problem is consistent with both. When...
  4. Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot: I have a client who works from home via RDP and until a week ago she didn't have any problem with printing on a local printer. A week ago the problem started. She's using two different computers to connect to the remote computer and the problem is consistent with both. When...
  5. Rdp printer redirection works only for the first session until reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. RDP Redirect

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP Redirect: I am the only administrator in my organization that when using RDP it sends me directly to the Domain Controller. I have checked certificates, firewalls, HKLM, cleared my ARP cache, flushed DNS, and verified server/PC certificates. I have no idea why it does this. I received...
  7. Nested Webcam RDP Redirection

Nested Webcam RDP Redirection: Hello, I have created a VM on my Windows 10 machine and have been able to RDP into the VM and my hardware webcam passes into the VM through RDP well. The camera shows up in the VM Device Manager as 'Remote Desktop Camera devices' > 'HOST-PC - HD WebCam'. Next, on the VM...
  8. Windows Update 2004 Redirected printers in RDP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update 2004 Redirected printers in RDP: After Update I lost my redirected printers in RDP. Before update i have access all my redirected printers. i cant find any solution anyone know about this issue ? Thanks for your helps... submitted by /u/DarkOralet [link] [comments]...
  9. Alternatives to printer redirection in RDP sessions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alternatives to printer redirection in RDP sessions.: Here is our scenario... we have many users that will now be working from home. These users are doing RDP sessions from computers at their homes (using windows 10) to their on site computers (running Windows 7). They do almost all of their work on the remote computer. Many of...
  10. Local printers not redirecting in RDP connection

Local printers not redirecting in RDP connection: My client has a Windows 2011 Small Business Server using Active Directory. Due to COVID-19, they have enacted work from home measures. One of their employees is using RDP to connect to their office computer remotely. Their local computer is Windows 10 and their remote...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some users printer redirect not working

2. am having a problem with printer redirection through a vpn in windows

3. windows 10 rdp printer redirection

4. how does rdp printer redirection work