Windows 10: RDP / RemoteFX questions

Discus and support RDP / RemoteFX questions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just have a couple of questions since this is a bit of uncharted territory for me. First and foremost, everything will be done through LAN and would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eruz0, Nov 1, 2019.

1. /u/eruz0 Win User

RDP / RemoteFX questions

I just have a couple of questions since this is a bit of uncharted territory for me. First and foremost, everything will be done through LAN and would not involve the WAN. Currently using a Gigabit switch to connect two devices.

I'm basically just aiming for 60fps through RDP. Higher if possible. I tried enabling RemoteFX and for some reason, I can still see that the TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager shows Event ID 1149 is triggering which suggests that I am not using RemoteFX even when I have enabled it through gpedit. I was trying to look for more information and saw some articles that RemoteFX has been deprecated.

A couple of questions:

• Does deprecation affect remote connections even when I am not accessing a Virtual machine but remotely accessing an actual desktop?
    • If it does, has there been a better replacement for achieving high performance for remote access?
    • Is it possible to get 60fps or higher over remote?
    • Does RemoteFX really require you to have a Quadro or a Tesla for it to work or can any other competent GPUs achieve it for this scenario?
    • Any particular recommended baselines for hardware as well such CPU for achieving 60fps over remote?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/eruz0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eruz0, Nov 1, 2019

2. RemoteFX nooby questions

I hope to get a desktop soon to replace my laptop. I like the power I could get with a desktop but also would like the portability of a laptop or tablet (yes, I know that sounds moronic). I began wondering if it was possible to use a second device (windows
    laptop or tablet) as a screen for my desktop, but while away from home, so I looked into the Remote Desktop Connection service that Windows offers. Unfortunately, from what I read, I came to understand that when accessing your desktop through a Remote Desktop
    Connection, it doesn't utilize your graphics card but instead reverts to the graphics built into your cpu. But then I read that remoteFX is a solution to this. I know next to nothing about this so everything I say may come out as incredibly over simplified
    or moronic, but please bear with me on this. As far as my questions go:

• Does my desktop need to act as a server (by that I mean use Windows Server OS) to utilize remoteFX or
    • can a desktop with good hardware running the standard version of Windows 10 utilize remoteFX?
    • Do I need a specific graphics card (something that supports vGPU) or
    • will most newer graphics cards work? (I hope to get a gtx 980ti, gtx 980, or at the very least a gtx 970)
    IN SUMMARY what my questions boil down to, is it possible for a high-end, standard desktop running Windows 10 to utilize remoteFX without any special modifications and if they are needed, what would the modifications be?

Other questions I have:

• What exactly are Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012? Are they operating systems?
    • Is what I'm describing more of a virtualization scenario or a remote access situation?
    • If I'm simply using another device as a second screen, would it be possible for a Windows tablet to handle this?
    Thanks for dealing with my noobishness and if you see any other misconceptions I hold, please correct me. Thanks again!

KojoBaldwin, Nov 1, 2019
  3. remotefx

Hi

I would like to know if the current version of windows phone supports RDP 7.1...i.e. if I can initiate a RemoteFX connection with a Windows 7 VM on Hyper-V...

Thanks

Michael Camilleri

MichaelCamilleri, Nov 1, 2019
  4. RDP / RemoteFX questions

RDP to Win7 Enterprise VM (uses RemoteFX) on Windows 10 Hyper-V

Hey guys just a quick question

Just wanna ask how i would connect to my Win7 VM that uses RemoteFX on my Win10 physical machine. I can't seem to figure it out cause i know nothing about it, but i really wanted to use a VM just to separate parts of my work.

I have added RemoteFX adapter to my Win7 Enterprise VM but of course, i can't connect to it using the hyper-v connection, so all i wanted to know was how to connect to it using RDP on my host PC (when i try to do so, it says that my host user isn't configured for remote login and stuff like that).

Just some advice please i'm still a noob and will always be a noob.
    Thanks a lot.

HootenannyMagic, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

RDP / RemoteFX questions

1. RDP / RemoteFX questions - Similar Threads - RDP RemoteFX questions

2. RemoteFX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RemoteFX: Hello,I've been running in a problem with remoteFX. It started out with this error message in Event Viewer:'Failed GetConnectionProperty' in CUMRDPConnection::QueryProperty at 3347 err=[0x80004001]'Failed CreateVirtualChannel call on this Connections Stack' in...
  3. RemoteFX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RemoteFX: Hello,I've been running in a problem with remoteFX. It started out with this error message in Event Viewer:'Failed GetConnectionProperty' in CUMRDPConnection::QueryProperty at 3347 err=[0x80004001]'Failed CreateVirtualChannel call on this Connections Stack' in...
  4. RemoteFX

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. RDP

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP: I guess I am showing my age.In times past I was able to use RDP to remotely connect from my pc to a remote host pc - provided that remote pc was RDP enabled and the fire-wall was opened for the RDP port.These days it seems much more complex.Is there a step-by-step instruction...
  6. Question about RDP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about RDP: Hi, via Remote Desktop Control (I am connecting) to a server, is it possible to take a keylogger? submitted by /u/ClaudiuAndrei22 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/loabrs/question_about_rdp/
  7. Update to disable and remove the RemoteFX vGPU component in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Update to disable and remove the RemoteFX vGPU component in Windows: Update to disable and remove the RemoteFX vGPU component in Windows Applies to: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1607 all editions, Windows 10 version 1703 all editions, Windows 10 version 1709 all editions, Windows...
  8. Windows 10 1903 RemoteFX broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 RemoteFX broken.: I thought I would open up the discussion on this since I can see no sign of it mentioned anywhere yet. Basically RemoteFX is currently broken in Windows 10 1903 at least with generation 2 machines. Basically neither the HtyperV client or Remote Desktop will connect. It...
  9. RDP to Win7 Enterprise VM (uses RemoteFX) on Windows 10 Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    RDP to Win7 Enterprise VM (uses RemoteFX) on Windows 10 Hyper-V: Hey guys just a quick question Just wanna ask how i would connect to my Win7 VM that uses RemoteFX on my Win10 physical machine. I can't seem to figure it out cause i know nothing about it, but i really wanted to use a VM just to separate parts of my work. I have added...
  10. RemoteFX Video remoting was disconnected

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    RemoteFX Video remoting was disconnected: Hi, I know this is quite common error with Hyper-V, but neither of these solutions helped. I have password on my guest VM account. I tried to disable Enhanced Session Mode but this had no result. I even tried changing NIC settings like here but this didn't help either....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 remotefx