Windows 10: RDP Stops working unless you Reboot Server

Discus and support RDP Stops working unless you Reboot Server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On April 15th, KB5001347 & KB5001402 were installed on my remote hosted Server 2016 Now, about 90% of the time, when I try to connect I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scotty-2541, Apr 15, 2021.

1. RDP Stops working unless you Reboot Server

On April 15th, KB5001347 & KB5001402 were installed on my remote hosted Server 2016

Now, about 90% of the time, when I try to connect I get "Internal Error Has Occurred" on my Windows 10 pro desktop.

But I CAN connect to other servers mostly 2012 R2s on other hosting platforms. Specifically ones that did NOT have this patch installed to break the server.

RDP Stops working unless you Reboot Server 020ff209-bfa2-45df-9907-b5011ce41704?upload=true.jpg

Probably the most USELESS error message ever created...

This was NOT happening before the patches were applied.

I can go to the hosting service control , and FORCEBLY reboot the server. Then it works... for about 15 minutes.

Then it falls back to allowing successful connections about 10% of the time.

What did you break??!! How can I fix it??

:)

Scotty-2541, Apr 15, 2021

2. Windows RDP connection to server working unstably

I would suggest running a VPN in conjunction with RDP.

OldNavyGuy, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Windows RDP connection to server working unstably

Hello there
    I am here today to ask about some wierd stuff going on with rdp and remoteapp connections to my server at home. The things is that half of my computers connect, and the other say "wrong credentials please try again" when I enter the same credentials that work. This only started happening recently. I have a server 2008 r2 server that I am connecting to. Now here's where it gets deep. When I use a third party rdp client on the non-functioning machines, the authentication works fine. When I set up a brand net VM on the non working computers, it works fine too. Also whenever I disable the windows security dialog in the rdp file properties and enter the credentials on the server once the connection has been established, it will start properly too. Why is it somehow blocking the windows security dialog. I deleted my saved credentials and I do not want to enter them every time thats why I saved them. You cannot save credentials using the connect-first-then-authenticate method. PLEASE HELP as I am using this server a LOT and having it acting wierd like this is annoying. I already rebooted the machines. Everything is fine on the server side.

isaacthethemer, Apr 15, 2021
  4. RDP Stops working unless you Reboot Server

RDP Multi Mon Stopped Working

Hi,

For advanced support regarding your multiple monitors not working when connecting your PC via RDP to Server 2012 r2, we suggest that you post your queries in our Microsoft
    TechNet forums.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

RDP Stops working unless you Reboot Server

1. RDP Stops working unless you Reboot Server - Similar Threads - RDP Stops working

2. mmc.exe stops working on reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mmc.exe stops working on reboots: I have no idea what it is but I found this error when I was checking on an update that did not install correctly. Apparently it has had the same error the last 3 times I have rebooted my PC but I did not now till I checked the log.Is this something that can be removed or...
  3. mmc.exe stops working on reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mmc.exe stops working on reboots: I have no idea what it is but I found this error when I was checking on an update that did not install correctly. Apparently it has had the same error the last 3 times I have rebooted my PC but I did not now till I checked the log.Is this something that can be removed or...
  4. mmc.exe stops working on reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Domain Firewall profile stopping outbound RDP to external Server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Domain Firewall profile stopping outbound RDP to external Server: HelloI am running into an issue where a Windows 10 computer will not allow RDP connection unless the Domain Firewall profile is turned off. They can RDP locally to computers on the domain OK. But now we have to RDP to a 3rd party to access an application and it just times...
  6. rdp stops working when i'm not on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    rdp stops working when i'm not on it: when i'm logged into the rdp it works perfectly but when i log of stuff stops working it does not restart but it stops working. ask if your require more info quite new to this...
  7. Windows stopped working and reboot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stopped working and reboot.: Hello, I bought a new laptop recently and since 2 days I`m getting the following error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000003, 0xffffc585312ee570, 0xfffff60db46bf750, 0xffffc5853fde1b20. A dump was saved in:...
  8. Windows RDP connection to server working unstably

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows RDP connection to server working unstably: Hello there I am here today to ask about some wierd stuff going on with rdp and remoteapp connections to my server at home. The things is that half of my computers connect, and the other say "wrong credentials please try again" when I enter the same credentials that work....
  9. rdp license server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rdp license server: Hello , i would like to know how to reactive rdp license server for windows server 2012 R2. I just deleted : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing ) but with out result. 88985
  10. RDP to Headless Media Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to Headless Media Server: Not sure which area of the forum to post this, and thought the networking was probably the most relevant. I've built a home media server using a little AMD 5350 on a mini ITX board. I installed Windows 10 on it this week as I couldn't get my head around Linux at all....