Windows 10: RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly

Discus and support RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 computers (a HP Desktop, a LENOVO AIO Desktop and a HP Laptop) all running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 1909. I connect remotely to both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JGENT, Jun 7, 2020.

1. JGENT Win User

RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly

I have 3 computers (a HP Desktop, a LENOVO AIO Desktop and a HP Laptop) all running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 1909.

I connect remotely to both desktops from the HP Laptop. However, the HP Desktop remote connection disconnects only if I minimize the window. There is no problem with the Lenovo Desktop even with a minimized window. There has been no major change of hardware on any of the systems and they all run similar software. Any suggestions?

:)

JGENT, Jun 7, 2020
  2. xoy74 Win User

RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds

Hi Kari and thanks for the quick reply.
    Unfortunately that didn't help but I did make a little progress. I realized I get disconnected because the console session logs back in automatically and kicks out the RDP session. If I manually sign out from the console of the W10 PC then connect through RDP, the session stays up.
    That's different from the way W7 used to work. W7 would "lock" the console session while a RDP session was connected.

xoy74, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Saintnick Win User

Wow, well found xoy. I can confirm this issue still persists as of May 2016.

I would very strongly advise against using RDP "wrappers" out of obvious security reasons.

Saintnick, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Whiterox Win User

I answered a similar question in that thread -> RDP to W10 login issues
    Sadly I haven't found a solution to keep working without setting up passwords.

Whiterox, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly - Similar Threads - RDP W10 disconnected

2. Windows RDP getting disconnected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RDP getting disconnected.: Windows RDP getting disconnected once Zoom Meeting is connected. It Works fine on console but only disconnects the RDP once Zoom is connected. Once the Zoom meeting is connected, we are able to connect RDP again.Attaching the event logs for the time when we face...
  3. Windows RDP getting disconnected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows RDP getting disconnected.: Windows RDP getting disconnected once Zoom Meeting is connected. It Works fine on console but only disconnects the RDP once Zoom is connected. Once the Zoom meeting is connected, we are able to connect RDP again.Attaching the event logs for the time when we face...
  4. RDP: The disconnect reason is 4408

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP: The disconnect reason is 4408: I'm trying to get RDP using an AzureAD profile for our company and have been struggling. While I got it working well on a Windows 11 laptop, I cannot get it to work on a Windows 10 laptop. I've set them up exactly the same way and am using the exact same settings in the RDP...
  5. RDP: The disconnect reason is 4408

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP: The disconnect reason is 4408: I'm trying to get RDP using an AzureAD profile for our company and have been struggling. While I got it working well on a Windows 11 laptop, I cannot get it to work on a Windows 10 laptop. I've set them up exactly the same way and am using the exact same settings in the RDP...
  6. Wifi Repeatedly "Disconnecting"?

Wifi Repeatedly "Disconnecting"?: So in the past couple of months,my computerhas been giving me the run around with my wifi. No matter what dongle I use, no matter what port it is in, it just seems to randomly drop out. But not like, it just suddenly goes to "no internet" or whatever, Windows actually makes...
  7. RDP connection disconnects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP connection disconnects: Hi, I use RDP to connect to a windows terminal server and for 5 years never had any issues until now. As of a few days my session cuts off and the window closes after a few minutes of having a successful connection. I restart the connection again and it just happens...
  8. RDP restrictions in W10

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP restrictions in W10: Currently we have several users accessing several W7 pc's using RDP. The pc's have custom software on them, that cannot be launched via RDP. Therefore, I created a local account, set up autologin, and auto launch custom software on login. Currently we have set up a local...
  9. RDP to W10 login issues

RDP to W10 login issues: Hello everyone Im getting a very odd issue when I try to RDP to a Windows 10 machine I have. I run Things like plex and other stuff that is running 24/7 and sometimes I need to check in with how they are doing. This was a recent upgrade from windows 7 pro which worked...
  10. RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds

RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds: I've updated two of my Win7 Professional PCs to W10 Professtional. After the upgrade, I can't RDP into either one of them. The session connects and I can see the desktop for a second of two, perhaps make a couple clicks, then it gets disconnected. This happens on both PCs. I...