Windows 10: RDP to W10 login issues

Discus and support RDP to W10 login issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone Im getting a very odd issue when I try to RDP to a Windows 10 machine I have. I run Things like plex and other stuff that is running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xsparta11x, Aug 18, 2015.

1. RDP to W10 login issues

Hello everyone

Im getting a very odd issue when I try to RDP to a Windows 10 machine I have. I run Things like plex and other stuff that is running 24/7 and sometimes I need to check in with how they are doing. This was a recent upgrade from windows 7 pro which worked great. when I upgraded to 10, what happens is when I RDP into the machine, it logins in a gets going, but where normally the local user of that box would be greeted with a lock screen while I am Remoted into it, It goes to the lock screen then immedeitly logs back in which kicks me out of the RDP session. I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a regedit that disables this or what? I have read other places that say to change a registry entry that has to do with "TestHooks". This was only in the preview from what I have seen. There is not test hooks entry. I even tried creating one with no avail. IF someone could help me out that would be great.

:)

xsparta11x, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Bill '-) Win User

Error connection with Remote Desktop from wphone8.1

It may not be the cause of your issue, but to eliminate it as a possibility (and for others too), the "Home" version of Windows does not support RDP (Remote Desktop) login (but you can run the RDP client FROM a "Home" Windows OS). You need to have the "Pro"
    or "Enterprise" version to login from a remote system or WP).

But you probably know that.

Bill

Bill '-), Aug 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

There is nothing to download. Just got a Surface Pro 3 with W10 Pro. It comes with RDP Server and RDP Client (user's question was unclear as to whether "they were looking for RDP Server or Client" . Why do you need to download an app from the app store?
    Windows has always come with RDP Client. Depending on the version, it comes with RDP Server as well.

Garry G. Green (The Real One), Aug 18, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

RDP to W10 login issues

Harpert, Aug 18, 2015
  5. I actually have Logmein on the computer and it works, but I am sometimes doing some pretty intense stuff on there that requires little delay. I prefer the Speed of RDP. Plus I am not concerned about security on the network. 2 firewalls on the outside and living on about 150 acers of land so I don't have to worry about people hopping on my network.

xsparta11x, Aug 18, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I use RDP Wrapper on my desktop to allow for multi-user RDP. When I RDP into my desktop, absolutely nothing happens to the local user logged in and I log in with my own account. My local user account is Kodi - and automatically runs the Kodi media client, which just keeps running undisturbed when I RPD in.

RDP Wrapper Library by StasM Corp.

Look for the only English link on the webpage RDP to W10 login issues :). Also there are English guides if you search for RDP Wrapper.

NavyLCDR, Aug 18, 2015
  7. Whiterox Win User
    I got the same issue and was able to track it down to the problem, that i have set up my system to allow connections without passwords. After setting a passwort to the user i haven't been disconnected anymore.

Have you set up your system the same way?

I am right now looking for a workaround to get rdp without passwords working again under windows 10.

Cheers

Whiterox, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

RDP to W10 login issues

1. RDP to W10 login issues - Similar Threads - RDP W10 login

2. RDP access issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP access issue: We are facing an issue related to AD user account access. We have isolated AWS accounts for external clients. Their on-premises network is connected to that account over AWS private link and their network doesn't have access to our Domain Controller VPC. We have an AD domain...
  3. RDP access issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP access issue: Unable to access my computer using RDP, looks like the password has not been synced.During Windows 10 installation local a user was created, but after installation an MS account was attached. And now I can't access PC with MS credentials. How can I sync user password?...
  4. RDP access issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP access issue: Unable to access my computer using RDP, looks like the password has not been synced.During Windows 10 installation local a user was created, but after installation an MS account was attached. And now I can't access PC with MS credentials. How can I sync user password?...
  5. RDP Login Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Login Error: Hi,I have a very weird issue. Whenever we try to RDP into a computer using the email address as the username, the RDP will connect but then we'll get a login error saying wrong username and password. All computers are Windows 10 PROIt'll display the username but it's adding...
  6. Microsoft Account login issue: W10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account login issue: W10 Pro: I had to update to W10, latest build due to the fact that my current build was to expire on 31 July. Did a clean install. Ever since I am unable to log into my MS acvount, from within Windows. Same with Xbox life. I have tried everything available on the net, drom...
  7. RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly: I have 3 computers (a HP Desktop, a LENOVO AIO Desktop and a HP Laptop) all running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 1909. I connect remotely to both desktops from the HP Laptop. However, the HP Desktop remote connection disconnects only if I minimize the window. There is no...
  8. Windows RDP issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows RDP issue: Hello Team, User with 5GB profile having issues connection to Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard hopsted on a virtual machine on Hyper-V manager. Colleague spun up need VM. We can access with our accounts but when attemptingwith user X's account to RDP it failed after...
  9. RDP Connecting issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP Connecting issue: I was unable to login RDC using the correct password. In my host pc i used to login using Pin. Do you think its because im using Pin to my host pc and Remote Desktop will only allow the password? Or did someone know to fix this. I am able to work because my password doesnt...
  10. RDP restrictions in W10

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP restrictions in W10: Currently we have several users accessing several W7 pc's using RDP. The pc's have custom software on them, that cannot be launched via RDP. Therefore, I created a local account, set up autologin, and auto launch custom software on login. Currently we have set up a local...