Windows 10: RDP under Build 1607 killing running program on client, upon exit

Discus and support RDP under Build 1607 killing running program on client, upon exit in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Teamviewer is multi-platform and no having to run a DNS proxy. VNC is great if you are on the same LAN as that machine and need a lighter weight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wmangold, Oct 25, 2016.

1. bro67 Win User

RDP under Build 1607 killing running program on client, upon exit

Teamviewer is multi-platform and no having to run a DNS proxy. VNC is great if you are on the same LAN as that machine and need a lighter weight interface than Teamviewer is.

bro67, Nov 2, 2016
  2. wmangold Win User

THANKS for the insight. Teamviewer seems to work very well so far. I did miss someone's comment about whether I was running RDP with "run as adminstrator" (or changing properties to select "Run as administrator" -- but my gut is telling me it's still going to stop the stream.

wmangold, Nov 2, 2016
  3. bro67 Win User
    Running as Admin when you do not want to, can cause you issues if someone you allow to access and they go in and start deleting stuff.

I set Teamviewer up with my user account password when I was on the LAN or wanting to get into the desktop. Otherwise it was just the regular Random Password at the strongest setting.

It is not that everyone is hating on RDP. It is just outdated from Microsoft never catching up with the newer more secure methods like TV and VNC. Also when you do Cross-Platform remote connections, every OS has its own way of doing RDP and it is not always going to be bulletproof or work 100%. Plus RDP is so slow when compared to TV and how it handles Remote Connections.

bro67, Nov 2, 2016
  4. wmangold Win User

True, true. Funny how it has helped for so long and BAM - broken. FYI -- running RDP as administrator made absolutely no difference; stream (audio) still crashed. As long as no one hacks my TV account, I'll probably stick with it. Would be nice if a licensed version didn't cost so much for a single individual!

wmangold, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. RDP under Build 1607 killing running program on client, upon exit - Similar Threads - RDP under Build

2. rdp force close other rdp upon startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rdp force close other rdp upon startup: hi,i was trying to make a rdp on remote desktop, we usually just manually type the accounts and password of each PC trying to connect to the company server, however after i try to start the program by restarting PC, the remote desktop rdp launches somehow the 1st program but...
  3. rdp force close other rdp upon startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rdp force close other rdp upon startup: hi,i was trying to make a rdp on remote desktop, we usually just manually type the accounts and password of each PC trying to connect to the company server, however after i try to start the program by restarting PC, the remote desktop rdp launches somehow the 1st program but...
  4. Programs not installing or running properly under Win Pro 10.0.19041 Build 19041

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs not installing or running properly under Win Pro 10.0.19041 Build 19041: I reset my laptop running Windows Home 10 and installed all the latest updates. Several programs e.g. WinAutomation 8, Nuance PowerPdf 3 either don't install or don't run. I then upgraded to Win Pro 10 via the online upgrade available from Amazon and still have the same...
  5. rdp client in win10 home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    rdp client in win10 home: [ATTACH] everything i search comes up on how to enable the server. can someone with win10 home confirm if the RDP CLIENT not SERVER is in Win10? This one: https://preview.redd.it/0lc31j538h541.png?width=407&format=png&auto=webp&s=eb47cdd3255acd6129695e7c50867d3e4d44d3ab...
  6. RDP client crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP client crashes: Hello Community, Recenty I upgraded to Widows 1803 (OS BUILD 17134.228) Ever since this upgrade, I am unable to RDP to my machine from any other device, running different versions of Windows. The only thing that happens is the Login prompt comes up, I logon, I see a black...
  7. Build 1607 Not Installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 1607 Not Installing: Hello, My little netbook is having trouble installing Build 1607. Currently I have Win10 Pro 32-bit, Build 10240. There was a recent update to that build, it installed fine, and now the only update that keeps coming up is Build 1607. Each time, it progresses to a certain...
  8. eM Client under Build 9926

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    eM Client under Build 9926: I've been unable to get eM Client running under 9926. It apparently installs but doesn't run correctly. I don't want to spend a whole lot of effort at this point getting it to run and will put it aside for now. But if someone here has been able to get it to run then I will...
  9. Build 1607 kills ethernet with wrong driver, fixed but how to keep?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Build 1607 kills ethernet with wrong driver, fixed but how to keep?: Windows Update to Build 1607 (Pro) installs a newer ethernet driver (but with an older version number??) which doesn't work. Driver roll back option in Device Manager is then greyed out. If I unwind the 1607 update the driver roll back option is then available, and the...
  10. New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    New Desktop Build - Windows Crashes Upon Exiting Sleep Mode: So I just finished this build Friday and everything seems to be working great while running. My only issue is that I can't get it to wake from sleep mode correctly. Pressing a key on the keyboard/mouse seems to initiate wake but the screen never comes on (backlight on the...