Windows 10: RDP users at one site get disconnected intermittently from the RDS servers

Discus and support RDP users at one site get disconnected intermittently from the RDS servers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The situation is, the users at one particular office branch for our client become intermittently disconnected from their RDS server. Our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chris Twaits, Aug 10, 2022.

1. RDP users at one site get disconnected intermittently from the RDS servers

The situation is, the users at one particular office branch for our client become intermittently disconnected from their RDS server. Our troubleshooting steps so far have been:-Signed in to their RDS accounts from our network, which resulted in no disconnections- Went to site and signed in from a laptop since they use thin clients but again they were disconnected still- Went to site and created new user accounts to connect to the RDS servers but again were disconnected - The RDS session hosts report a 'session id * was disconnected, reason code 0' which after googling suggests the user close

:)

Chris Twaits, Aug 10, 2022
  2. nkaufman Win User

RD Gateway Server - how to remove permanently

Hello,
    At my previous job, I was asked to take certain steps (don't remember now what they were) but it was to set up RDP to use a Gateway server.

Now that I've changed jobs, I still see the old IP and Gateway server information. I went to registry and deleted the entries from Terminal client and servers.

However, I still see a server name listed under RDP-Advanced-Settings-Use these RD Gateway Server settings.
    I have opted for - Do not use RD Gateway server but was wondering how to remove the old server name entry completely.

Thanks

nkaufman, Aug 10, 2022
  3. DennieMPF Win User
    Logging off RDP users

I have several RDS servers that numerous users connect to. (MS Server 2016 and 2012) Everyday at 5:05PM, we have to "logoff" certain users from their sessions. I use Remote Desktop Services Manager to see all the users connected to RDS servers. Manually
    I CTRL and select the users I need to logoff. Then right-click and Logoff. Works fine. However,

I want to automate this process and haven't found a way to do so using the following criteria:

1. Needs to be by username. Session ID will change. Username doesn't.

2. I can build a list of usernames (that will be edited as users come in and out of the criteria for logoff - i.e. salespersons come and go)

3. Would like some sort of script that references the usernames on the list then searches for RDP connections they may have.

4. If found, the user will be logged off their session.

NOTE - CANNOT "kill" or "reset" the connection. Logging off allows the software they're using on the remote server to be properly closed before dumping the session.

5. This script process can be Task Scheduled on each of the remote servers and set to execute at 5:05PM daily (M-F) or it can look for these users and perform the logoff via the Remote Desktop Services Manger on my PC..

Open to any ideas.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dennie

DennieMPF, Aug 10, 2022
  4. ferose354 Win User

RDP users at one site get disconnected intermittently from the RDS servers

windows 10 RDP disconnection issue

i have windows 10 laptop. i do RDP to windows and Linux machines in Azure cloud.

The RDP is through Cisco anyconnect VPN. using VPN, we connect to our office network first and then we connect to the Azure VMs.

intermittently the RDP is getting disconnection with the following error. sometimes it works for few mins and then disconnect. for some users, it disconnects immediately.

"Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end. Please try connecting to the remote computer again"

taking pcap on the local client, i see the client is sending Rest.

RDP event logs in Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RDPClient%4Operational say the any of the following: messages

RDPClient_SSL: An error was encountered when transitioning from TsSslStateHandshakeInProgress to TsSslStateDisconnecting in response to TsSslEventHandshakeContinueFailed (error code 0x80004005).

RDPClient_SSL: An error was encountered when transitioning from TsSslStateHandshakeComplete to TsSslStateDisconnecting in response to TsSSlNotifyUpperHandlerFailed (error code 0x80004005).

if i disconnect from VPN, no RDP disconnection and its smooth.

any clue about what this error means?

ferose354, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

RDP users at one site get disconnected intermittently from the RDS servers

1. RDP users at one site get disconnected intermittently from the RDS servers - Similar Threads - RDP users site

2. Windows RDP getting disconnected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RDP getting disconnected.: Windows RDP getting disconnected once Zoom Meeting is connected. It Works fine on console but only disconnects the RDP once Zoom is connected. Once the Zoom meeting is connected, we are able to connect RDP again.Attaching the event logs for the time when we face...
  3. Windows RDP getting disconnected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows RDP getting disconnected.: Windows RDP getting disconnected once Zoom Meeting is connected. It Works fine on console but only disconnects the RDP once Zoom is connected. Once the Zoom meeting is connected, we are able to connect RDP again.Attaching the event logs for the time when we face...
  4. RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019: Hi,I am trying for weeks now to figure out how can I get proper report.I have multiple Windows Server 2019 Per User CAL-s installed on my licensing server 2019.When I try to get report RD Licensing Manager to see available and issued licenses, I only received Installed but...
  5. RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019

RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019: Hi,I am trying for weeks now to figure out how can I get proper report.I have multiple Windows Server 2019 Per User CAL-s installed on my licensing server 2019.When I try to get report RD Licensing Manager to see available and issued licenses, I only received Installed but...
  6. Windows Server 2019 RDS Rdp file takes long to download from external site.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019 RDS Rdp file takes long to download from external site.: file type = cpub-qwic-****-CmsRdsh .rdpWe have a RDS Gateway that is pointing to a external site i.e public facing. Accessing the RDS via the external site https://remote.sample.com/rdweb takes a very long time to download the .rdp fileWhen we access internally via the...
  7. Windows Server 2019 RDS Rdp file takes long to download from external site.

Windows Server 2019 RDS Rdp file takes long to download from external site.: file type = cpub-qwic-****-CmsRdsh .rdpWe have a RDS Gateway that is pointing to a external site i.e public facing. Accessing the RDS via the external site https://remote.sample.com/rdweb takes a very long time to download the .rdp fileWhen we access internally via the...
  8. RDP session is getting temporarily disconnected

RDP session is getting temporarily disconnected: I am regularly being disconnected from my remote desktop rdp session to a Windows 11 VM. I have used remote desktop for many years and work in IT. I have not had this type of experience before. When renaming files or starting a file transfer or performing similar operations,...
  9. RDP users at one site get disconnected intermittently from the RDS servers

RDP users at one site get disconnected intermittently from the RDS servers: The situation is, the users at one particular office branch for our client become intermittently disconnected from their RDS server. Our troubleshooting steps so far have been:-Signed in to their RDS accounts from our network, which resulted in no disconnections- Went to site...
  10. RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues: Hello Guys I already opened a thread on TechNet but wanted to open one here too to get help asap. Link from TechNet: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6fc86786-2b72-4f31-9190-e30fbcc7ce0c/rds-server-user-desktop-icon-display-issues?forum=winserverTS...