Windows 10: RDP using Windows account tied to Microsoft account

Discus and support RDP using Windows account tied to Microsoft account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having a problem using RDP and can't for the life of me figure it out. I have my PC running windows 10 and I use a Microsoft account with a pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RaduSolomon, Oct 14, 2018.

1. RDP using Windows account tied to Microsoft account

I am having a problem using RDP and can't for the life of me figure it out.

I have my PC running windows 10 and I use a Microsoft account with a pin to login. I have enabled and configured RDP access on the machine but can't login into it using my account. My Microsoft account is bound to my gmail address and that is what I used to login on my PC.

What i have tried with no luck based on suggestions found around the internet:

UN: <email address> - PA: My Microsoft account password

UN: .\<email address> - PA: My Microsoft account password

UN: microsoftaccount\<email address> - PA: My Microsoft account password

UN: <first 5 letters of my email address> - PA: My Microsoft account password

UN: .\<first 5 letters of my email address> - PA: My Microsoft account password

UN: microsoftaccount\<first 5 letters of my email address> - PA: My Microsoft account password

Then i created a local account just for test not bound to a Microsoft account and tried that and it logged in on the first attempt.

What should I use to login using my Microsoft account or is there no way that works. And if it is supposed to work why isn't any documentation on how to do it.

:)

RaduSolomon, Oct 14, 2018

2. Microsoft Account and Authentication during RDP

Hello, trying to RDP to my windows 10 (fall creators update) via RDP but the RDP client always fails with invalid credential.

I have tried the combinations:

• Microsoft account primary alias and Microsoft account password
    • Local username associated with my Microsoft account and Microsoft account password
    Neither is accepted for sign in. I have Mobile sign in enabled on my account so I technically never entered my password here.

Lambros Vasiliou, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown RDP using Windows account tied to Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

RDP using Windows account tied to Microsoft account

Undo Built-in Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

Hello @Converseallstar95, RDP using Windows account tied to Microsoft account :)

Could it be that the built-in Administrator may just be signed in to the Store app with the Microsoft account?

If so, then you could reset the "Microsoft Store" app back to default to see if that may remove the association.

*Arrow Reset App in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

If not, then check to see if it may be listed using step 3 in Option Two below, and can be removed.

*Arrow Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app Browsers Email Tutorials

Brink, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

RDP using Windows account tied to Microsoft account

1. RDP using Windows account tied to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - RDP using account

2. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account: I am having trouble using RDP to connect to a desktop that I have just configured using my Microsoft account. I have tried the steps in the below running the link runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** winver but am not able to enter the...
  3. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account: I am having trouble using RDP to connect to a desktop that I have just configured using my Microsoft account. I have tried the steps in the below running the link runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** winver but am not able to enter the...
  4. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account: Hi Everyone,I have three computers that were set up using my Microsoft Account. Recently I tried to RDP into one of them and I can't. I tried both the local PIN and my Microsoft Account password. Both resulted in "The logon attempt failed". I experienced this in the past and...
  6. Are Windows 10 keys tied to microsoft accounts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are Windows 10 keys tied to microsoft accounts?: A friend bought a windows 10 pro key for a computer that had no SO instaled. After installing he activated the windows 10 copy and introduced and tied it to a microsoft account, as is required (by wich i mean, he did the custom setup for windows 10 pro). Now he has to format...
  7. Which account to use for RDP when using Microsoft account on Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which account to use for RDP when using Microsoft account on Windows 10?: Hi, this Microsoft account usage is pulling my nerves all the time. With new computer I gave MS a chance and surended upon constant nagging "use MS account here" and "use MS account there" and "sign into MS account"...ok, MS, I WILL! Now I am using my MS account for...
  8. Microsoft account tied to built-in admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account tied to built-in admin account: I seem to be in quite a pickle here, I upgraded my laptop, a few years ago from windows 7 to 10, recently my boss asked me to pass on my work to others, but there's a problem, My personal Microsoft account, somehow got linked to the built-in administrator account, the laptop...
  9. Undo Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Undo Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account: So long story short is I was logged into a local account. I've seen other posts about using the built in admin account but nothing that said anything about not the built in administrator's account but an account that was local and in the administrators group. So anyway I...
  10. Undo Built-in Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Undo Built-in Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account: Somehow or another I received a computer to work on in which the build is Administrator account has been tied to a MSA. It is Windows 10 Home so I can't get to more advanced options in lusrmgr. I've tried searching and haven't found anything related to this topic; I have no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when using a microsoft account i have an issue to rdp

2. rdp windows into gmail account

3. using rdp with a microsoft account

4. windows 10 rdp username tied into email address