Windows 10: RDP + VPN performance

Discus and support RDP + VPN performance in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a SoftEther setup for my work PC - Home is host and client + work PC is the client. Split tunnel (so rest of the traffic will not go through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dustofdeath, Sep 18, 2020.

1. RDP + VPN performance

I have a SoftEther setup for my work PC - Home is host and client + work PC is the client. Split tunnel (so rest of the traffic will not go through VPN).
    I can ping the work PC, I get ~12ms (ping with -t for longer pinging).

The office is 200mbit fibre and is almost empty of people. I have 500/500 fibre. Same provider. I live 1km from the office.

Yet the RDP often freezes and slows down - especially if there is anything colourful on-screen - like an image. And soon get's so slow that even the cursor lags behind by ~1s+;

Often have to restart.

I don't see any problems with my connection. Ports are forwarded. disabled all the fancy UI stuff under connections and bitmap caching - no difference.

Any idea what is missing? some hidden policy flags or registry settings?

submitted by /u/dustofdeath
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dustofdeath, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Sep 18, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin RDP + VPN performance :D

P4-630, Sep 18, 2020
  4. yyjl Win User

RDP + VPN performance

HTC Touch HD VPN and RDP

Hi

I want use a HTC Touch HD (WM6.1) RDP to my work network through VPN. The VPN server is Windows2003. If I am using WiFi connect to VPN I can RDP to my work network. But when I use Telstra 3G connect to the VPN I cannot get RDP connect. The VPN is connect
    no problem I can ping the IP assigned from the VPN server but I cannot ping any other internal IPs. Seem it is not routing to the internal network.

Thema:

RDP + VPN performance

1. RDP + VPN performance - Similar Threads - RDP VPN performance

2. Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session: I'm currently running a virtual machine with Windows 10. A connect to this virtual machine trough Remote Desktop Protocol. Once connected I want to establish a VPN connection to another server, but Windows forbidens me of doing that based on some security policy. If I access...
  3. Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session: I'm currently running a virtual machine with Windows 10. A connect to this virtual machine trough Remote Desktop Protocol. Once connected I want to establish a VPN connection to another server, but Windows forbidens me of doing that based on some security policy. If I access...
  4. Establishing a VPN connection once I'm in a RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Recent Windows Server updates break VPN, RDP, RRAS connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows Server updates break VPN, RDP, RRAS connections: Hi Team,We see there are multiple post patching issues identified for June-2022 patches released by MS. These reports related to these problems coming in since Patch Tuesday have a common theme: losing Remote Desktop and VPN connectivity to servers with Routing and Remote...
  6. Recent Windows Server updates break VPN, RDP, RRAS connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Windows Server updates break VPN, RDP, RRAS connections: Hi Team,We see there are multiple post patching issues identified for June-2022 patches released by MS. These reports related to these problems coming in since Patch Tuesday have a common theme: losing Remote Desktop and VPN connectivity to servers with Routing and Remote...
  7. RDP credential prompt is delaying over VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP credential prompt is delaying over VPN: Hi,I am working as Desktop support enginner in an IT firm. A few users are facing an issue while they are trying to connect RDP servers while VPN connected. Below are the observations.1. All of the machines are domain joined machine and windows build version and patches are...
  8. can a VPN connection slow performance

can a VPN connection slow performance: I recently installed VPN but now see a significant degradation in performance when the using internet. Can VPN impact network performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-vpn-connection-slow-performance/1c2af581-b29b-4be9-82b1-f8a9ce7c9e37
  9. RDP not working with vpn [internal error has occurred]

RDP not working with vpn [internal error has occurred]: I have been suddenly having this issue for months now. It seems to work fine after I restart the remote PC but will resurface after a while. I connect to a vpn and am able to ping that specific pc but when trying to remote desktop connect, the error ' an internal error has...
  10. Can't setup new VPN connection for outside RDP access.

Can't setup new VPN connection for outside RDP access.: Hello everyone, I'm trying to setup multiple PC's on my home network so that I can access them from the Internet while I'm away from home. I've read the most secure way for me to do this is by setting up a VPN connection through Windows, rather than opening ports on my...