Windows 10: RDP Web Access 2 out of 3 monitors

Discus and support RDP Web Access 2 out of 3 monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I remote into work from my local comp over a web portal using RDP. I have 3 monitors locally, all of which are 1920x1080 res. They are stacked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ruttle, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Ruttle Win User

RDP Web Access 2 out of 3 monitors

Hello, I remote into work from my local comp over a web portal using RDP. I have 3 monitors locally, all of which are 1920x1080 res. They are stacked as two on bottom and one on top in the middle of the two. I am trying to set it up so that when i remote in, my 2 bottom monitors are used full screen and the 3rd top monitor stays showing local. Connecting the way i do, i don't get RDP options on connection, so i can't change the .rdp file. I also can't check or uncheck the option to use all monitors since that window doesn't pop up on connection. I also can not download anything to my work com

:)

Ruttle, Jun 11, 2021

2. RDP settings for multi-monitor set up to use subset of monitors for RDP session

ALLOW ABILITY TO CHOOSE SUBSET OF LOCAL MONITORS FOR RDP SESSION (FULL SCREEN)
    Allow ability to select a subset of current monitors with full screen. Currently can choose all or 1 but cannot choose for instance 2 of 3 (full screen).
    That seems useful, I wish it did that. I know about this checkbox that says "Use all my monitors" but I can't say just use 1 and 2 but not 3, right?

Turns out that you CAN span n monitors but it's just buried/internal and has no UI.
    Save your RDP file, and open it in Notepad. Everyone's RDP file is different but yours may look like this:
    full address:s:x.x.x.x:3389
    prompt for credentials:i:1
    administrative session:i:1
    screen mode id:i:2
    span monitors:i:1
    use multimon:i:1
    selectedmonitors:s:0,1
    I can put on selectedmonitors:s:x,y and then use the zero-based numbers to indicate my monitors. To get a list of monitors, I can run mstsc /l to LIST out all my monitors on my machine. I can also use mstsc /multimon as a command line to use multiple monitors.

So I set my selectedmonitors:s:0,1 to use my left and middle monitor and skip my right one.

Vipinbhatia90, Jun 11, 2021
  3. JimT153 Win User
    Surface Pro 4 monitors in RDP

I have a Surface Pro that I am running 4 additional monitors in local mode. When I log into a remote server using RDP, I either have to shut down one monitor or I can only see the server in the main screen. How can I access more that 3 additional monitors
    in RDP?

Thanks

Jim

JimT153, Jun 11, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. RDP Web Access 2 out of 3 monitors - Similar Threads - RDP Web Access

2. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  3. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  4. 3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds: I have a 3 monitor configuration, 2 large side-by-side with a smaller touchscreen below. I would like to span 1 background across the 2 monitors that are side by side and have a separate background for the 3rd monitor. Is this possible in Windows 10? Spanning puts the 1...
  5. There is no possibility to split a monitor to 2 or 3 parts

There is no possibility to split a monitor to 2 or 3 parts: Hi, I have a ultrawide monitor and know about a Snap Assist feature. There are a lot of cases when this feature is useless. For example, I can't share only right or left half of my desktop via Microsoft Teams or Skype. Also, I can't easily split my apps between three desktop...
  6. RDP - remote from laptop to PC with 3 monitors

RDP - remote from laptop to PC with 3 monitors: I have a new windows laptop running 10 Pro and I want to remote in to my PC which has 3 monitors and I want to be able to switch between each of the monitors on my PC. How do I switch between them? NOTE: My IT did setup my laptop with a docking station that has 3 monitors...
  7. 3/2/2020 Update locked out main monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3/2/2020 Update locked out main monitor: This morning only my dual monitor is working. I see there was a driver update installed yesterday. I have the All-In-One HP and now the main screen on the All-In -One is black. What can i do?...
  8. Accessing 2 computers on same network through RDP

Accessing 2 computers on same network through RDP: I use RDP to access my computer at work. I have 2 computers on the same network that I need to access with RDP. I access #1 and save as a shortcut on my desktop perfectly, but then when I access #2 computer and try to save as a shortcut (different name) it always saves the...
  9. Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once?: After a forced windows update last night I have been encountering an extremely strange problem with my triple monitor setup. I have been running triple monitors for months without issue. However as of this morning, I can only get 2/3 of my monitors to work at one time. I can...
  10. 2 out of 3 successful

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 out of 3 successful: First 2 installs went off without a hitch 3rd is proving to be a pain in the neck. I am up to 8 attempts after doing various things like using the tweaking.coms All-in-one repair tool, Anti-virus scans which did produce some malware. On the first 6 tries I would get to 32% of...