Windows 10: RDP Will no longer login to Windows 7 VM

Discus and support RDP Will no longer login to Windows 7 VM in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 7 VM running an old application, because the application will not run on Windows 10. I have been RDP into it for months, and now it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rob Arone, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Rob Arone Win User

RDP Will no longer login to Windows 7 VM

I have a Windows 7 VM running an old application, because the application will not run on Windows 10. I have been RDP into it for months, and now it is giving me this error:

"Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords"

Here's my environment:

Windows 2008r2 DC

Windows 7 & 10 Pro PC's

VM is on Win10 Pro PC, Workgroup

Like I said, worked a month ago.

I attempted to RDP from Win7 Pro PC and received the same message. But the old RDP gives you more information, and I saw that I was trying to login with a domain user, instead of a local user. Changed the login to login as a local user and it connected right away.

I then tried to change the login on the Win10 PC to a local login and it still gives me the same error. Is the format of local login (Machinename\Username) different on the new RDP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Rob Arone, Jan 25, 2019

2. WIndows 10 Pro will not accept RDP request

I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on one of my VM host. My plan was to use it as a management box to RDP into when I am traveling. I currently have a Windows 7 VM that I use for this purpose but wanted to decommission it for something newer. However
    I have been having issues connecting to the Windows 10 Pro VM via RDP unless the VM is already logged in. Currently I have to connect via vSphere Client login to the Windows 10 Pro VM via the console view and then I can connect via RDP. If the machine logs
    out at any point I have to connect again via vSphere Client and login again before RDP will respond to any request. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. I was hoping to have decommissioned the Windows & VM by now but I am going to have to wait until
    I have been able to reliably connect to this new management console.

Joshua Gibson, Jan 25, 2019
  3. RDP connection ends rather abruptly

I have a vsphere 5.5 infrastructure with windows and linux servers running across 3 hosts. I use remote desktop connection to connect and manually install windows updates on all windows VMs but recently one of the VMs will drop the connection almost immediately
    after i login to it via RDP. I tried to open console from the vsphere Web Client interface to access the particular VM but it only opens a blank black window. I am not sure if this is entirely windows or vmware problem or both. I know RDP is enabled and
    the user name i use is allowed to remotely connect to this VM because its what has always worked for months until last week. How can i regain remote desktop or open console access to this VM or install updates remotely from another computer on the domain?
    Please help.

AblieBarrow, Jan 25, 2019
  4. RDP Will no longer login to Windows 7 VM

RDP Connection to machine running Windows 7 Professional with NLA

I have upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home. I need to connect via RDP through a VPN to a computer running Windows 7 Professional with NLA enabled. I was able to successfully do this running Windows 7 Home, I can no longer make this connection
    under Windows 10. I am connecting to my work computer, I can successfully connect to the work computer that is running Windows 7 Professional if NLA is turned off on the Windows 7 Professional machine however IT security requires NLA to be enabled. Any
    suggestions?

ESosnowski, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

RDP Will no longer login to Windows 7 VM

1. RDP Will no longer login to Windows 7 VM - Similar Threads - RDP longer login

2. Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...: Hey there, Microsoft community, I have a client using a Lenovo ThinClient with Windows 10 ioT installed. They are using it to login to a Windows 10 VM on a Scale NUC not an Azure VM via Remote Desktop Connection and they are to use their Azure AD credentials to remote in.The...
  3. Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...: Hey there, Microsoft community, I have a client using a Lenovo ThinClient with Windows 10 ioT installed. They are using it to login to a Windows 10 VM on a Scale NUC not an Azure VM via Remote Desktop Connection and they are to use their Azure AD credentials to remote in.The...
  4. Unable to login to VM via RDP using Azure AD credentials...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. vm windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vm windows 7 product key: hello, i like to make vms to look into the past, but when making a windows 7 vm, i raninto a road block, i could not find an actual product key online that didn't cost $can you help me?...
  6. vm windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vm windows 7 product key: hello, i like to make vms to look into the past, but when making a windows 7 vm, i raninto a road block, i could not find an actual product key online that didn't cost $can you help me?...
  7. RDP Login Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Login Error: Hi,I have a very weird issue. Whenever we try to RDP into a computer using the email address as the username, the RDP will connect but then we'll get a login error saying wrong username and password. All computers are Windows 10 PROIt'll display the username but it's adding...
  8. Windows 10 RDP vs Windows 7 RDP

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 RDP vs Windows 7 RDP: Hi, Wondering if anyone can suggest anything or advise what could be causing the issue. I have a user with 2 laptops (Windows 7 -old laptop and Windows 10 - new laptop) They use a VPN on both to connect to the company network (same exact settings on both). They then RDP...
  9. HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host: Hi folks particularly @Kari (the expert on HYPER-V) !!!! I've got a test Linux VM on a laptop running with HYPER-V. I've installed XRDP on it so I was wondering would es RDP from the host to the VM enable me to get sensible resolution on the vm - Needs a bit of fiddling on...
  10. VM Win 7

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM Win 7: I was going to make a VM with a Win 7 disc I have; I am running Win 10. The disc is OEM so Windows rejected the key I hse to reinstall. Is there a way I can still use Win 7 as the guest without a product key? I will use YouTube as I have never done this before. If not,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 professional shows logon screen after rdp

2. rdp to win 7 hyper v not working

3. win 7 machine no longer can rdp to win 10 machine