Windows 10: RDP window resizing uncontrollably

Discus and support RDP window resizing uncontrollably in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have encountered a bug that I cannot seem to fix I have the rdp app pinned to the taskbar and a server that I rdp to pinned When I connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by poor_boy, Aug 9, 2020.

1. poor_boy Win User

RDP window resizing uncontrollably

I have encountered a bug that I cannot seem to fix

I have the rdp app pinned to the taskbar and a server that I rdp to pinned

When I connect to the server I use a full screen rdp session and go back and forth between rdp and my host computer by double clicking the blue connection bar with smart sizing enabled

Normally I have my rdp window a certain size so that I can still keep an eye on it in windowed mode

However, recently when I go back and forth between full screen rdp and the windowed mode, the windowed mode window size has started to become stretched widening horizontally increasingly more and more with every back and forth until the bottom part of the rdp session window is completely off the screen

No matter what I've tried I cannot get the windowed rdp session to stay the same size going back and forth

I have tried removing the saved rdp connection and the pinned connection and configuring it from scratch

I have tried changing the resolution in display configuration from 1366 by 768 to 'full screen' and back

I have tried a full windows reset both local windows install + cloud windows install

And yet.. this bug persists.. from a fresh windows install :

Any ideas?

:)

poor_boy, Aug 9, 2020
  2. FFC10831 Win User

Using RDP on two monitors... resizes when moved to one monitor

Thanks for the response, my resolutions setting and drivers are good. Displays were working correctly until I hit a couple of keys that made it change (I probably hit the ctrl or fn key and a letter).

The issue is that when I move my RDP window from my two monitors to one monitor, it resizes the RDP display to show two RDP monitors on my one local monitor. What is should do is simply slide over and not resize.

Please advise.

FFC10831, Aug 9, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Aug 9, 2020
  4. RDP window resizing uncontrollably

Floating and uncontrolable curser.

Hi,

We'd like to know more about your concern regarding the uncontrollable cursor when playing games. Please answer the following:

• Have you made recent changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • Aside from gaming, is the issue also happening when navigating to other programs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse to check if the same issue will occur?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

RDP window resizing uncontrollably

1. RDP window resizing uncontrollably - Similar Threads - RDP window resizing

2. RDP window resizing uncontrollably Repost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP window resizing uncontrollably Repost: Orig post:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rdp-window-resizing-uncontrollably/1c75f8a5-8865-4bcd-9edd-486d13577e7fFirst off this is a repost as the original question was not resolved and closed by Microsoft.The issue is very much still an issue and while...
  3. RDP window resizing uncontrollably Repost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP window resizing uncontrollably Repost: Orig post:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rdp-window-resizing-uncontrollably/1c75f8a5-8865-4bcd-9edd-486d13577e7fFirst off this is a repost as the original question was not resolved and closed by Microsoft.The issue is very much still an issue and while...
  4. RDP window resizing uncontrollably Repost

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. uncontrol scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uncontrol scrolling: I have a laptop and today it is acting weird. Everytime I browse it will sometimes scroll on its own. I check if it is happening in office application and yes the scroll just went down on its own. I observe if there is something installed on my device and I even run some...
  6. Scrolling uncontrollable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling uncontrollable: Scrolling has gone haywire on my PC. Lists scroll uncontrollably. No button on my mouse has any effect. It does not work on this page. I have Windows 10 but I cannot select that version below because the drop down menus do not work. The menu flickers on but disappears...
  7. Uncontrollable Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uncontrollable Scrolling: After the most recent Windows 10 update I now experience odd moments of uncontrollable scrolling. Anywhere in the settings app, if the page can be scrolled down it will scroll down to the bottom even after resizing the window. In the task manager, the Details and Services...
  8. OneDrive Uncontrollable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Uncontrollable: Hi. When signing into my Microsoft account on my new PC I chose to link my OneDrive account. Ever since, OneDrive has been wreaking havoc in all my folders, files, and even desktop links. Multiple times, I have gone to OneDrive settings to stop backup and sync and even...
  9. uncontrollable cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uncontrollable cursor: Hi all, the problem I am having is my cursor moves all over the screen and is hard to control when a page is loading like ebay or youtube, it is a Lenovo laptop running windows 10, hope someone can help....
  10. Scrolling is uncontrolable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling is uncontrolable: Hello ! I have a terrible problem , It's been a week since i first saw this problem , whenever I scroll down it goes up a few lines and when I scroll up it goes down a few lines and it is hard th scroll up or down or in games to zoom in or out. If some one can help me I...