Windows 10: RDP windows 10 clients to windows 10 Pro rdp host disconnect momentarily many times per day

Discus and support RDP windows 10 clients to windows 10 Pro rdp host disconnect momentarily many times per day in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have several windows 10 PCs in 2 different offices that remote into my local windows 10 Pro PC via RDP. The remote PCs get disconnected and almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jmark@stayintouch.us, May 7, 2019.

1. RDP windows 10 clients to windows 10 Pro rdp host disconnect momentarily many times per day

I have several windows 10 PCs in 2 different offices that remote into my local windows 10 Pro PC via RDP. The remote PCs get disconnected and almost instantly reconnected (less than 2 seconds) several times per day. There is no VPN, just the default Windows 10 firewalls and each location has 300/25 internet. Several times per day the clients get a disconnect notice and then it reconnects and everything is fine again. This is very annoying. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

:)

jmark@stayintouch.us, May 7, 2019
  2. Gorkster Win User

Windows 10 1709; host sleeps during active RDP session

I am reporting a bug/oversight.

HOST OS:

Windows 10 64-bit Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192)

HOST SETTING:

Set to sleep after 2 hours of inactivity

PROBLEM:

Host computer sleeps after 2 hours of inactivity even when a client is connected via RDP (Remote Desktop)

DESCRIPTION:

In previous versions of Windows and even in Win10 before the Fall Update an active RDP session has always prevented the host computer from entering a sleep state even when set to do so after X minutes of inactivity. Since the Fall Update the host computer
    of an active RDP session will sleep during an active RDP session when there is lack of activity on the client computer. There should never be a reason for the host of an active RDP session to enter sleep mode when there is a client connected. If the client
    computer is set to sleep after X minutes of inactivity it seems natural it should do so even during an active RDP session, but then, and only then, should the inactivity timer start for the host computer.

HISTORY:

There was a bug introduced in Remote Desktop sometime prior to Win10 Fall Update wherein a host computer would not sleep when set to do so after a period of inactivity after a client had connected and subsequently disconnected to the host via RDP. This
    was finally fixed in Fall Update, but I have a sneaking suspicion the fix was too aggressive and this is what led to the problem I am reporting.

Sean

Gorkster, May 7, 2019
  3. WIndows 10 Pro will not accept RDP request

I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on one of my VM host. My plan was to use it as a management box to RDP into when I am traveling. I currently have a Windows 7 VM that I use for this purpose but wanted to decommission it for something newer. However
    I have been having issues connecting to the Windows 10 Pro VM via RDP unless the VM is already logged in. Currently I have to connect via vSphere Client login to the Windows 10 Pro VM via the console view and then I can connect via RDP. If the machine logs
    out at any point I have to connect again via vSphere Client and login again before RDP will respond to any request. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. I was hoping to have decommissioned the Windows & VM by now but I am going to have to wait until
    I have been able to reliably connect to this new management console.

Joshua Gibson, May 7, 2019
  4. Joseph_N_ Win User

RDP windows 10 clients to windows 10 Pro rdp host disconnect momentarily many times per day

RDP syncing?

I connect to one terminal server running Windows Server 2012 R2 from two Windows 10 machines. (I connect from Macs, too, but they don't share this issue.) I connect to the server with Microsoft's RDP client that is native to Windows 10. Both Windows 10 machines
    have local authentication; neither one syncs with a Microsoft account for login purposes (although both have OD, ODFB, and an O365-based installation of Office). Both machines log in to the same account on the server; there is never a time when both Win10
    machines are logged in to the server at the same time.

The terminal server is running on AWS. In order to get to the server, I have to either go through a Bastion host--in which case the terminal server has one IP address--and then log in through RDP; or log in directly via RDP, in which case the terminal server
    has a different IP address.

If I have logged in with one IP address in RDP from one of the machines, that address will be the default address in the RDP client on the
    other machine, even if my last login on that machine was to the other IP. Same in reverse; if I log in with one IP address in the RDP client, that's the address that first appears in the RDP client of the other machine, even if it hadn't been used
    on that machine.

That means that somehow, somewhere, something is syncing between these two RDP clients. What is it?

Joseph_N_, May 7, 2019
Thema:

RDP windows 10 clients to windows 10 Pro rdp host disconnect momentarily many times per day

1. RDP windows 10 clients to windows 10 Pro rdp host disconnect momentarily many times per day - Similar Threads - RDP clients Pro

2. Windows RDP getting disconnected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RDP getting disconnected.: Windows RDP getting disconnected once Zoom Meeting is connected. It Works fine on console but only disconnects the RDP once Zoom is connected. Once the Zoom meeting is connected, we are able to connect RDP again.Attaching the event logs for the time when we face...
  3. Windows RDP getting disconnected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows RDP getting disconnected.: Windows RDP getting disconnected once Zoom Meeting is connected. It Works fine on console but only disconnects the RDP once Zoom is connected. Once the Zoom meeting is connected, we are able to connect RDP again.Attaching the event logs for the time when we face...
  4. Windows 10 RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 RDP: Hi all... I have a problem with RDP Windows 10 Pro. I can't start "remote desktop services usermode port redirector" service. When I try to do it Windows answers "The Remote Desktop Services UserMode Port Redirector service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some...
  5. Windows 10 RDP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 RDP: Hi all... I have a problem with RDP Windows 10 Pro. I can't start "remote desktop services usermode port redirector" service. When I try to do it Windows answers "The Remote Desktop Services UserMode Port Redirector service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some...
  6. Windows 10 RDP

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 RDP vs Windows 7 RDP

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 RDP vs Windows 7 RDP: Hi, Wondering if anyone can suggest anything or advise what could be causing the issue. I have a user with 2 laptops (Windows 7 -old laptop and Windows 10 - new laptop) They use a VPN on both to connect to the company network (same exact settings on both). They then RDP...
  8. windows 10 RDP disconnection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 RDP disconnection issue: i have windows 10 laptop. i do RDP to windows and Linux machines in Azure cloud. The RDP is through Cisco anyconnect VPN. using VPN, we connect to our office network first and then we connect to the Azure VMs. intermittently the RDP is getting disconnection with the...
  9. Windows 10 Pro, AAD, RDP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro, AAD, RDP: Hello, I just installed from scratch Windows 10 Pro and I logged in using the AAD. Everything works as expected, I can use PIN and Password to log in, no problem. However, when i do try to RDP (and after allowing it so connection is not a problem), i get wrong username or...
  10. RDP client crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP client crashes: Hello Community, Recenty I upgraded to Widows 1803 (OS BUILD 17134.228) Ever since this upgrade, I am unable to RDP to my machine from any other device, running different versions of Windows. The only thing that happens is the Login prompt comes up, I logon, I see a black...