Windows 10: RDP with a subset of loral monitors on Windows 10

Discus and support RDP with a subset of loral monitors on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi folks! I found the article RDP settings for multi-monitor set up to use subset of monitors for RDP session, written by an user who has Windows 7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by B. Grand, Aug 12, 2020.

1. B. Grand Win User

RDP with a subset of loral monitors on Windows 10

Hi folks!

I found the article RDP settings for multi-monitor set up to use subset of monitors for RDP session, written by an user who has Windows 7.

But it doesn't seem to work with Windows 10, the RDP session is opened with all of my 3 screens. Andmstsc /l doesn't work.

Did anyone manage to display a RDP session on two of three or more screens, with Windows 10?

Thanks!

:)

B. Grand, Aug 12, 2020

2. RDP settings for multi-monitor set up to use subset of monitors for RDP session

ALLOW ABILITY TO CHOOSE SUBSET OF LOCAL MONITORS FOR RDP SESSION (FULL SCREEN)
    Allow ability to select a subset of current monitors with full screen. Currently can choose all or 1 but cannot choose for instance 2 of 3 (full screen).
    That seems useful, I wish it did that. I know about this checkbox that says "Use all my monitors" but I can't say just use 1 and 2 but not 3, right?

Turns out that you CAN span n monitors but it's just buried/internal and has no UI.
    Save your RDP file, and open it in Notepad. Everyone's RDP file is different but yours may look like this:
    full address:s:x.x.x.x:3389
    prompt for credentials:i:1
    administrative session:i:1
    screen mode id:i:2
    span monitors:i:1
    use multimon:i:1
    selectedmonitors:s:0,1
    I can put on selectedmonitors:s:x,y and then use the zero-based numbers to indicate my monitors. To get a list of monitors, I can run mstsc /l to LIST out all my monitors on my machine. I can also use mstsc /multimon as a command line to use multiple monitors.

So I set my selectedmonitors:s:0,1 to use my left and middle monitor and skip my right one.

Vipinbhatia90, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 12, 2020
  4. GerardF Win User

RDP session opens on wrong monitor

I also have a similar issue with RDP: I have a link that starts an RDP session full screen. In Windows 8.1 it remembered the monitor on which it openned (I have two monitors), on Windows 10, it always opens on the main monitor and I have to move it to the
    second monitor.

GerardF, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

1. RDP with a subset of loral monitors on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - RDP subset loral

2. Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues: I have been using RDP to connect to my work laptop for years. It has been working fine until an update a few months ago. Now I'm experiencing a weird issue which I will describe below.I have a customized RDP file with the following setting. That allows me to use only 3 of the...
  3. Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues: I have been using RDP to connect to my work laptop for years. It has been working fine until an update a few months ago. Now I'm experiencing a weird issue which I will describe below.I have a customized RDP file with the following setting. That allows me to use only 3 of the...
  4. Recent Windows 10 update and RDP multi-monitor issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 RDP: Hi all... I have a problem with RDP Windows 10 Pro. I can't start "remote desktop services usermode port redirector" service. When I try to do it Windows answers "The Remote Desktop Services UserMode Port Redirector service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some...
  6. Multiple Monitors in RDP ?

Multiple Monitors in RDP ?: Hi Whether the number of locally attached monitors affects the number of monitors attached via rdp ? I have 3 monitors locally, but only one works via RDP. Both systems are Windows 10 172192
  7. Win10 RDP one monitor to two remote monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 RDP one monitor to two remote monitors: I am using WIn10 Pro RDP on my client and remote machine. My client is a Dell E6530-PC 64-bit laptop and has one screen/monitor. My remote machine is a Dell Opti7050 64-bit machine and has 3 screens/monitors. On my client machine screen I can Alt+Tab between all remote...
  8. RDP with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP with multiple monitors: I have three monitors, and I when I am using RDP I would like to only use 2 of the three on the remote session, and the third one using local resources. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rdp-with-multiple-monitors/57b4e0fd-5ba0-4f94-8d77-4e9f7367fa4c
  9. RDP and Duel monitors

RDP and Duel monitors: I have a windows 10 pro laptop that has another monitor connected to it. I want to remote desktop to a windows 7 procomputer. Is there a way that I could get both the monitor and laptop to span the remote desktop session? I clicked on use all monitors but that did not work....
  10. Only a subset of Windows Phones will get Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Only a subset of Windows Phones will get Windows 10 Creators Update: Microsoft officials have said the rollout of the Creators Update to handsets with Windows 10 Mobile will begin on April 25, two weeks after the Creators Update begins rolling out to PC users. Not all Windows Phones running Windows 10 are going to be eligible for the...