Windows 10: RDP with multiple monitors

Discus and support RDP with multiple monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have three monitors, and I when I am using RDP I would like to only use 2 of the three on the remote session, and the third one using local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nepafi, Jun 13, 2020.

1. nepafi Win User

RDP with multiple monitors

I have three monitors, and I when I am using RDP I would like to only use 2 of the three on the remote session, and the third one using local resources.

:)

nepafi, Jun 13, 2020

2. RDP settings for multi-monitor set up to use subset of monitors for RDP session

ALLOW ABILITY TO CHOOSE SUBSET OF LOCAL MONITORS FOR RDP SESSION (FULL SCREEN)
    Allow ability to select a subset of current monitors with full screen. Currently can choose all or 1 but cannot choose for instance 2 of 3 (full screen).
    That seems useful, I wish it did that. I know about this checkbox that says "Use all my monitors" but I can't say just use 1 and 2 but not 3, right?

Turns out that you CAN span n monitors but it's just buried/internal and has no UI.
    Save your RDP file, and open it in Notepad. Everyone's RDP file is different but yours may look like this:
    full address:s:x.x.x.x:3389
    prompt for credentials:i:1
    administrative session:i:1
    screen mode id:i:2
    span monitors:i:1
    use multimon:i:1
    selectedmonitors:s:0,1
    I can put on selectedmonitors:s:x,y and then use the zero-based numbers to indicate my monitors. To get a list of monitors, I can run mstsc /l to LIST out all my monitors on my machine. I can also use mstsc /multimon as a command line to use multiple monitors.

So I set my selectedmonitors:s:0,1 to use my left and middle monitor and skip my right one.

Vipinbhatia90, Jun 13, 2020
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 13, 2020
  4. FFC10831 Win User

Using RDP on two monitors... resizes when moved to one monitor

I have two monitors and use RDP. Everything works perfectly when maximized and used on two monitors. However, when I "move" my RDP session to one local monitor, the RDP resizes and squeezes the two RDP monitors onto one local monitor.... it should just slide
    over and keep the same RDP size.

It worked perfectly until I hit some hot button and changed the settings... don't know what I did or how to restore.

FFC10831, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. RDP with multiple monitors - Similar Threads - RDP multiple monitors

2. Multiple RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple RDP: Hi Team !!! Why Multiple RDP is not running in windows 10 latest Version But in Old version Windows 10 pro its running fine on same hardware !! why this problem Occurs and what is the solution ???...
  3. Multiple RDP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple RDP: Hi Team !!! Why Multiple RDP is not running in windows 10 latest Version But in Old version Windows 10 pro its running fine on same hardware !! why this problem Occurs and what is the solution ???...
  4. Multiple RDP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Monitors: Hi, I have been using 2 monitors for some time now but wanted to add a third - I can plug the monitor in and it is detected - I can line it up that it is displaying in the right order but it wont let me adjust the Screen Size or Resolution. The third monitor appears small...
  6. Multiple Monitors in RDP ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Monitors in RDP ?: Hi Whether the number of locally attached monitors affects the number of monitors attached via rdp ? I have 3 monitors locally, but only one works via RDP. Both systems are Windows 10 172192
  7. Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Remote Desktop NOT RDP -- Multiple Monitors: Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Remote Desktop RD that you install from Microsoft Store, not Remote Desktop Connection across two monitors. I have looked everywhere, and cannot see anywhere to make it possible. Thanks in advance....
  8. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple monitors: I have a RazerBlade Pro and am trying to set up multiple monitors. The computer has 1 HDMI Port and1 Thunderbolt port. Was able to connect 1 additional monitor to the HDMI port. This works with either my Samsung 32" monitor or the HP 29" monitor. When I try to add a...
  9. Windows 10 & Multiple RDP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 & Multiple RDP: We have server 2012 R2 DC and a Windows 7 computer that is joined to the domain. We have 3 people that log into the Win 7 one at a time do certain work, I was asked to make it so the 3 people could log in at the same time. I called the MS Store and told them what I needed....
  10. RDP and Duel monitors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP and Duel monitors: I have a windows 10 pro laptop that has another monitor connected to it. I want to remote desktop to a windows 7 procomputer. Is there a way that I could get both the monitor and laptop to span the remote desktop session? I clicked on use all monitors but that did not work....