Windows 10: RDP with The Native App - User Grayed Out (Remote Desktop)

Discus and support RDP with The Native App - User Grayed Out (Remote Desktop) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have some computers in my environment that when you try and use the Native RDP app that ships with windows 10 Pro the Username is greyed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jimerb1, Feb 11, 2021.

1. RDP with The Native App - User Grayed Out (Remote Desktop)

RDP with The Native App - User Grayed Out (Remote Desktop) YH-nPu-BgKI4kZA_91pzJED-iF0IbT9-611Ht8o_5uc.jpg

I have some computers in my environment that when you try and use the Native RDP app that ships with windows 10 Pro the Username is greyed out and cannot be changed.

This is causing authentication issues on my server that it is connecting too.

I see a bunch of Policy fixes if a user cannot connect to this computer, but in my scenario the problem is the Windows 10 user cannot connect to external servers. The user is an Admin on the local box.

I would appreciate any guidance. My IT team is stumped.

It may not seem in the pic but "User Name" is greyed out and can't be changed.

https://preview.redd.it/06bcsf379vg...bp&s=da736a27c600107731e21e00bb035f1ee77eaf21

submitted by /u/jimerb1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jimerb1, Feb 11, 2021

2. RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that ".rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop", what exactly are you referring to? Are you facing issues while launching .rdp files in remote desktop mode?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Ri-G Win User
    Is there a better RDP remote desktop password manager ?

Is there a better RDP remote desktop password manager ?

The problem is i need to use many remote desktops, some have different users on the same system, and there the problem start.

For some reason the default RDP from windows 10 is not remembering passwords for all users if it's the same host.

So you keep switchig to manual login need to find the password etc. Tried to make *.rdp files. But that is failing too.

I need a remote desktop client or solution that can remember multip[ly user/passwords for the same server/hostname. Any idea's ?

4. cereberus Win User

RDP with The Native App - User Grayed Out (Remote Desktop)

Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session

Normally if I RDP to an active remote desktop with only my single user account with admin rights, remote desktop signs out, and I connect via rdp no problem.

However recently, it does not sign out out remote user, and the (RDP lient jumps to a OTHER USER login screen.

What is odd is that this is not consistent. Sometime it works, sometimes it does not. It has been fine until last couple of days.

Does anybody know what is going on?

cereberus, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

RDP with The Native App - User Grayed Out (Remote Desktop)

1. RDP with The Native App - User Grayed Out (Remote Desktop) - Similar Threads - RDP Native App

2. Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work": Yesterday I followed MS's procedure to remove a login password in favor of 2FA MS Authenticator on my phone. I also spent $99 to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, only because I want to use RDP to access my Windows system from my Mac. So far, after hours of changing this and...
  3. Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work": Yesterday I followed MS's procedure to remove a login password in favor of 2FA MS Authenticator on my phone. I also spent $99 to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, only because I want to use RDP to access my Windows system from my Mac. So far, after hours of changing this and...
  4. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  5. RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10: I'm a computer programmer and I can't debug this stupid thing! Both my Win10 and Win7 local PCs can ping and see each other network drives. But none can RDP to another! Giving the notorious '3 dumb reasons' excuse none of which applies, of course. Now, I don't want 'try...
  6. Remote Desktop - Not showing lock screen when an RDP user is connected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Not showing lock screen when an RDP user is connected: Hello, I have an employee that needs to RDP into their office desktop computer. They can do this fine currently. However, my problem is that the office desktop The endpoint computer does not show the lock screen when the employee connects to their office desktop. The...
  7. remote desktop users

remote desktop users: I have a problem in that i user disconnects the other user, more detail below: The main pc (called Server-pc) has 3 users, 'administrator', 'owner' and 'client'. another computer has 1 user (client) when the 'owner' is using the server-pc and the another pc user on pc...
  8. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  9. Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10

Unable to RDP to a remote desktop on Windows 10: When I try to open a remote desktop connection to another desktop I am seeing the following prompt that says "This computer cant connect to the remote computer. Try connecting again and if the problem persists contact the owner of the machine" Ping to the remote machine...
  10. Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session

Cannot consistently rdp to remote desktop session: Normally if I RDP to an active remote desktop with only my single user account with admin rights, remote desktop signs out, and I connect via rdp no problem. However recently, it does not sign out out remote user, and the (RDP lient jumps to a OTHER USER login screen....