Windows 10: RDP Won't Connect

Discus and support RDP Won't Connect in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to RDP into my office computer from the other room, and like most other Microsoft tech, it doesn't work. RDP is enabled on the target... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kx885, Jan 18, 2021.

1. /u/kx885 Win User

RDP Won't Connect

Hi,

I'm trying to RDP into my office computer from the other room, and like most other Microsoft tech, it doesn't work. RDP is enabled on the target computer. My account is a local account, and the only one I listed on that computer, thus an admin. I did connect my Microsoft and O365 accounts to that local account for OneDrive and set up a PIN thru Windows Hello (I hate passwords). The PC is set to never sleep. The firewall is at its default setting, post-install. Each RDP connection attempt results a login prompt that never accepts my password. I am entering the password correctly (copy/pasted via KeyPassXC). I even tried my linked Microsoft account's password, which is very long and un-typable. No dice. Account use attempts.

1. COMPUTER\user = No dice
    2. user[@hotmail.com](mailto:microsoftaccount@hotmail.com) = No dice
    3. MicrosoftAccount\user@hotmail.com = No dice

WTF??? What else can I try or what am I doing wrong? Windows 10 (worst ever version, IMHO) isn't accepting the correct password.

Thanks

submitted by /u/kx885
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kx885, Jan 18, 2021
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

RDP Won't Connect [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

RDP Won't Connect [​IMG]

4. Billzden Win User

RDP Won't Connect

RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet

Sam,

1. Even without issuing the ping -t command I will experience a RDP drop and network bottleneck
    2. RDP clients are the same version
    3. No firewall setup
    4. All connecting with the same cables from similar ports

winbox1 has full duplexTrue
    winbox2 does not have duplex True

Pretty sure it's something with the network setup, I might reinstall the OS

Billzden, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

RDP Won't Connect

1. RDP Won't Connect - Similar Threads - RDP Won't Connect

2. unable to connect rdp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to connect rdp: unable to connect rdp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-rdp/dcbcad2c-9b46-45e2-9cd6-bfe028ccdba2
  3. unable to connect rdp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to connect rdp: unable to connect rdp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-rdp/dcbcad2c-9b46-45e2-9cd6-bfe028ccdba2
  4. Hacker RDP connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacker RDP connection: First thanks for reviewing my concerns. Recently noticed a hacker RDP connection on my PC, I immediately deleted the associated folders/files & unchecked RDP connections via control panel. However, the RDP network connections name is still there bottom of file explorer, all...
  5. BSOD on connecting to RDP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on connecting to RDP: I'm getting BSOD every time I'm try to connect to remote desktop using Remote Desktop Connection. The error in events log doesn't make much sense: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80519b1e65d,...
  6. RDP Connecting issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP Connecting issue: I was unable to login RDC using the correct password. In my host pc i used to login using Pin. Do you think its because im using Pin to my host pc and Remote Desktop will only allow the password? Or did someone know to fix this. I am able to work because my password doesnt...
  7. RDP connection disconnects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP connection disconnects: Hi, I use RDP to connect to a windows terminal server and for 5 years never had any issues until now. As of a few days my session cuts off and the window closes after a few minutes of having a successful connection. I restart the connection again and it just happens...
  8. Connect RDP on MAC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect RDP on MAC: How to connect RDP in Mac with Microsoft Remote Desktop 10. and rectify Error: 0x204 when trying to connect to server using Microsoft remote desktop app on Mac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-rdp-on-mac/66504e3e-bf2a-4985-a989-d6f509b7aff7
  9. RDP connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RDP connection: my RDP seems to be having isssues, resulting in me disconnecting because the computer "lags" or screen doesn't update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rdp-connection/493d9013-ca9b-440f-8c2d-b243a1b10e0d
  10. Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 won't connect to 2012 server with rdp: One of the office computers I have running windows 10 Pro stopped connecting to 1 of our 2012Server using remote desktop connection (RDP). It will connect or other 2012 servers at different locations using different IP Addresses I have disabled the Firewall, Turned off...