Windows 10: RDP

Discus and support RDP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Do I need to physically login into an account in a PC to be able to use RDP to connect to that PC using that account?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aserbegad, Apr 15, 2020.

1. aserbegad Win User

RDP

Do I need to physically login into an account in a PC to be able to use RDP to connect to that PC using that account?

:)

aserbegad, Apr 15, 2020

2. RDP

Hi Nikki,

We can see here that you are having issues using (RDP) Remote Desktop Protocol on your computer. There are several reasons why you are experiencing this concern. To set your expectation, we will be doing some troubleshooting steps to isolate
    this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • When did you notice about this issue?
    • Can you send us a screenshot with the error message that you are getting? Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, Apr 15, 2020
  3. RDP

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?

Initially when we received the problem there wasn't any changes made on the computer since we couldn't figure out the problem, we upgraded the pc to windows 10. It fixed the problem momentarily and then it starts again. Then we re initiated the upgrade the
      same day I wrote this post and it was fixed again and then on today the issue is back
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the past we would delete the MS Licensing Protocol folder as suggested by so many other posts and restart the RDP connection ad administrator to rebuild it. This time around it didn't fix anything. Like I said previously we've tried to upgrade the PC and
      the fix is temporal
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem? No
    • When did you notice about this issue? I'm not sure when it started because I haven't been on this project that long but I would say within the last month based on me. Based on other conversations this has happened in the past.
    • Can you send us a screenshot with the error message that you are getting? Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Sure
      RDP d7470294-b2af-4c9c-aa56-a971016a58bf.jpg

NikkiGarcia02, Apr 15, 2020
  4. RDP

RDP not working on MAC

In order to keep things simple I suggest you start by using a Windows PC to connect to your RDP host.

Remember also that the RDP host must run Windows Professional.

Frederik Long, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

RDP

1. RDP - Similar Threads - RDP

2. Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10: Mac OS 14Windows 10 22h2RDP 10.9.6 & RDP 10.9.7 BetaThis issue only exists when I use my MacBook Air - Remoting into a windows 10 desktop. I will print something FROM the windows desktop onto a local printer where the Mac is. I’m trying to print forms in landscape orientation...
  3. Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10: Mac OS 14Windows 10 22h2RDP 10.9.6 & RDP 10.9.7 BetaThis issue only exists when I use my MacBook Air - Remoting into a windows 10 desktop. I will print something FROM the windows desktop onto a local printer where the Mac is. I’m trying to print forms in landscape orientation...
  4. Printing Issues MacOS > RDP > Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.: Hi Im starting this new issue because it is impossible to find answers amongst all the issues with RDP not connecting or disconnecting. That is not my issue. It connects fine. It does not disconnect.I used to use RDP to connect to a server on my own home LAN, and in the past...
  6. Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.

Microsoft RDP from Windows 11 hangs constantly, does not disconnect.: Hi Im starting this new issue because it is impossible to find answers amongst all the issues with RDP not connecting or disconnecting. That is not my issue. It connects fine. It does not disconnect.I used to use RDP to connect to a server on my own home LAN, and in the past...
  7. USB Redirection disconnects RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Redirection disconnects RDP: HiI connect to a Windows 2019 server via Remote Desktop and use the USB redirection to transfer files.When I transfer files to the server with the USB redirection, it will lock up and disconnect. Has anyone seen this issue before.Smaller files seems to be fine but files of...
  8. USB Redirection disconnects RDP

USB Redirection disconnects RDP: HiI connect to a Windows 2019 server via Remote Desktop and use the USB redirection to transfer files.When I transfer files to the server with the USB redirection, it will lock up and disconnect. Has anyone seen this issue before.Smaller files seems to be fine but files of...
  9. USB Redirection disconnects RDP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. The 30 fps limit is not set in RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The 30 fps limit is not set in RDP: I set this parameter https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/remote/frame-rate-limited-to-30-fps, rebooted the computer, but the limit was not removed from 30 fps, it seems to me something went wrong with the update...