Windows 10: rdr_file_system 0x27 BSOD After Windows 10 2004 update, but only on domain profiles

Discus and support rdr_file_system 0x27 BSOD After Windows 10 2004 update, but only on domain profiles in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning, I am having an issue on some PCs recently after some PCs received the Windows 10 2004 build update. After receiving said update, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kgoodkin, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Kgoodkin Win User

rdr_file_system 0x27 BSOD After Windows 10 2004 update, but only on domain profiles

Good morning, I am having an issue on some PCs recently after some PCs received the Windows 10 2004 build update. After receiving said update, the machines will BSOD with a 0x027 error code when logging into a domain profile while connected to the network.

If I remove the network cable from the PC and log into a domain account that was cached on the machine before the update, it will log in without issues and then I can connect it to the network and it seems to resume function. I can also sign into a local account on the machine, with and without network connectivity.

I used Bluescreen View to look at the dumps which seem to be showing rdbss.sys and mrxsmb20.sys as drivers that are causing the issue. I have tried updating network drivers etc from the vendors websites and not relying on Windows to, but am still having the issue.

The other bizarre thing is if the PC crashes 3 times, boots into the recovery mode to try and repair your PC and I restart it, it will then log in once to a domain account and seem to be functioning, however if the PC is restarted it will BSOD on log in.

Has anyone seen or heard of any issues like this since this update? Could it be something out dated on the server that is causing the issue to happen to the machines on the newer OS? I can't help but feel like it has something to do with folder redirection and that is why cached accounts will work with no network connection however I am stumped how to get around this other than not updating every other machine, and rolling back if possible I had a PC that was upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and went straight to the 2004 build and BSOD'd, I tried to roll back to Win7 and system will not boot at the moment saying it is missing system files etc..

I have some mini dumps I can share if that would help as I would like to get to the bottom of this if possible.

:)

Kgoodkin, Jun 8, 2020
  2. jstrot Win User

Please help with RDR_FILE_SYSTEM (0x27) on Windows 10 during RDP

While connected over RDP (Remote Desktop Connection) and transferring files to the server, I've experienced the RDR_FILE_SYSTEM (0x27) BSOD. This just started happening now, the server was upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago and did not experience
    this until now. It even crashed while being connected over RDP when no file transfer was being performed.

I ran memtest86 for 24 hours straight (5 full passes) and no errors were found.

I'm posting a link to several minidumps, all of which show RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSODs during a file transfer except for the last 122316-45328-01 dump and accompanying memory.dmp that happened without a file transfer:

OneDrive

I'd really like some insight into what might be wrong.

Thanks.

jstrot, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

Kari, Jun 8, 2020
  4. rdr_file_system 0x27 BSOD After Windows 10 2004 update, but only on domain profiles

RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD on specific model of PC?

We are using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 on some PCs in our organisation (the rest are still on Windows 7).

The majority of these do not have any issues but we have noticed that on one particular model of PC, users are sometimes getting an RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD when accessing their network drive area.

I've collected the dump files from the most recent of these - a zipped copy of these can be found on OneDrive at https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aidjz33-lg04kGbCwwVWxG0mDv4g - can anyone suggest what might be causing the issue?

Thanks,

Dan Jackson (Senior ITServices Technician)

Long Road Sixth Form College

Cambridge, UK.

DanJ_LRSFC, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

rdr_file_system 0x27 BSOD After Windows 10 2004 update, but only on domain profiles

1. rdr_file_system 0x27 BSOD After Windows 10 2004 update, but only on domain profiles - Similar Threads - rdr_file_system 0x27 BSOD

2. Stop Code: RDR_FILE_System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Code: RDR_FILE_System: I'm having problems with the Blue Dump error on Windows 11. On any Windows 11 OS machine, I receive a blue screen error while attempting to log in as a domain user. However, if I unplug my network or log in as a local user, everything works as it should. I have all of the...
  3. Windows domain Profile segregate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows domain Profile segregate: Hi All,I have one query, actually I configured one desktop in our domain environment with 2 drive C & D Drive and on this computer multiple users using on different shift time. every user's login in that computer so it will create user profile on the C drive. So, my...
  4. Windows domain Profile segregate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows domain Profile segregate: Hi All,I have one query, actually I configured one desktop in our domain environment with 2 drive C & D Drive and on this computer multiple users using on different shift time. every user's login in that computer so it will create user profile on the C drive. So, my...
  5. BSOD after W10 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after W10 2004 update?: Hi, I recently downloaded the Windows 10 2004 feature update and ever since this when I have been playing a specific game, I will randomly get BSOD with the error code irql_not_less_or_equal. I have tested my ram, hardware is pretty new and this only started happening after...
  6. Profile Pics bug after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Profile Pics bug after 2004 update: Hi, I'm having some issues with profile images after updating to Windows 10 2004 On my computer I have 2 accounts, mine that's associated with my Microsoft account and the other one for my parents that is only local. I obviously had two different profile pictures but since...
  7. BSOD RDR_FILE_SYSTEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD RDR_FILE_SYSTEM: Hello everybode, i need HELP. Since i have Update Windows 7 to Windows 10 i get everyday the same BSOD on 2 different Computers. Can somebody Help me plz to finde a solution to fix the Problem? BSOD FILE. Computer1:...
  8. BSoD after update to Version 2004

BSoD after update to Version 2004: I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. The error shows VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys failed. Here's what i have tried so far- 1.Tried rebooting several times 2. Restore to a previous setting [IMG] 3. Uninstall...
  9. One profile for Domain and non-domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One profile for Domain and non-domain: I have a couple users that work on their laptops outside of the office but need to connect to the domain when here. When they connect it creates a new profile and they have to re-register their software licenses. They also lose access to all of their documents and such unless...
  10. RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD on specific model of PC?

RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD on specific model of PC?: We are using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 on some PCs in our organisation (the rest are still on Windows 7). The majority of these do not have any issues but we have noticed that on one particular model of PC, users are sometimes getting an RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD when accessing their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdr_file_system mrxsmb20.sys