Windows 10: RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD on specific model of PC?

Discus and support RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD on specific model of PC? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We are using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 on some PCs in our organisation (the rest are still on Windows 7). The majority of these do not have any issues but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanJ_LRSFC, Sep 24, 2018.

1. RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD on specific model of PC?

We are using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 on some PCs in our organisation (the rest are still on Windows 7).

The majority of these do not have any issues but we have noticed that on one particular model of PC, users are sometimes getting an RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD when accessing their network drive area.

I've collected the dump files from the most recent of these - a zipped copy of these can be found on OneDrive - can anyone suggest what might be causing the issue?

Thanks,

Dan Jackson (Senior ITServices Technician)

Long Road Sixth Form College

Cambridge, UK.

:)

DanJ_LRSFC, Sep 24, 2018
  2. jstrot Win User

Please help with RDR_FILE_SYSTEM (0x27) on Windows 10 during RDP

While connected over RDP (Remote Desktop Connection) and transferring files to the server, I've experienced the RDR_FILE_SYSTEM (0x27) BSOD. This just started happening now, the server was upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago and did not experience
    this until now. It even crashed while being connected over RDP when no file transfer was being performed.

I ran memtest86 for 24 hours straight (5 full passes) and no errors were found.

I'm posting a link to several minidumps, all of which show RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSODs during a file transfer except for the last 122316-45328-01 dump and accompanying memory.dmp that happened without a file transfer:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AHy6s6w92BWpNg0&id=E5B7539FE8A63C1B!866&cid=E5B7539FE8A63C1B

I'd really like some insight into what might be wrong.

Thanks.

jstrot, Sep 24, 2018
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD when using uTorrent

Could you be more specific on the model? The model given shows many different laptops.
    Could you also check if HP has BIOS updates please, your laptop could use one.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD on specific model of PC? [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

4. Thrackan Win User

RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD on specific model of PC?

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD on specific model of PC?

1. RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD on specific model of PC? - Similar Threads - RDR_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD specific

2. Stop Code: RDR_FILE_System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Code: RDR_FILE_System: I'm having problems with the Blue Dump error on Windows 11. On any Windows 11 OS machine, I receive a blue screen error while attempting to log in as a domain user. However, if I unplug my network or log in as a local user, everything works as it should. I have all of the...
  3. Stop Code: RDR_FILE_System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Code: RDR_FILE_System: I'm having problems with the Blue Dump error on Windows 11. On any Windows 11 OS machine, I receive a blue screen error while attempting to log in as a domain user. However, if I unplug my network or log in as a local user, everything works as it should. I have all of the...
  4. BSOD Stop code: RDR_FILE_SYSTEM; What failed: tcpip.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Stop code: RDR_FILE_SYSTEM; What failed: tcpip.sys: Tried using windbg, weirdly it opened this file but stuck without any response.I attached minidump here.Hope people can help interpret it.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjiJ5MX1ODZtgTpAtgS_YWNQ_ewy?e=TptIlW...
  5. BSOD Stop code: RDR_FILE_SYSTEM; What failed: tcpip.sys

BSOD Stop code: RDR_FILE_SYSTEM; What failed: tcpip.sys: Tried using windbg, weirdly it opened this file but stuck without any response.I attached minidump here.Hope people can help interpret it.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjiJ5MX1ODZtgTpAtgS_YWNQ_ewy?e=TptIlW...
  6. 21h2 breaks printing for specific model of printer

21h2 breaks printing for specific model of printer: Good morning, my company recently deployed 21h2 to all of our computers and now we are having an issue with just one model of usb printer that it won't allow us to install. We have several HP Laserjet P1102W printers and for the computers that had the printer installed prior...
  7. 21h2 breaks printing for specific model of printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    21h2 breaks printing for specific model of printer: Good morning, my company recently deployed 21h2 to all of our computers and now we are having an issue with just one model of usb printer that it won't allow us to install. We have several HP Laserjet P1102W printers and for the computers that had the printer installed prior...
  8. rdr_file_system mrxsmb20.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    rdr_file_system mrxsmb20.sys: Hi I have blue screen error for 2 domain user which running on windows 10 v 2004 when they try to load the profile sometimes they get the blue screen with error code rdr_file_system mrxsmb20.sys oi research a lot to fine out the reason but couldn't find a solution...
  9. BSOD RDR_FILE_SYSTEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD RDR_FILE_SYSTEM: Hello everybode, i need HELP. Since i have Update Windows 7 to Windows 10 i get everyday the same BSOD on 2 different Computers. Can somebody Help me plz to finde a solution to fix the Problem? BSOD FILE. Computer1:...
  10. Edits can not color specific area in the model

Edits can not color specific area in the model: I am working on a project and I have a problem, whenever I color and save my model, a specific area (the same area every time) does not change its color, even though i changed it with a sticker before... Now I cannot change it in anyway I can think of.... Note that all other...