Windows 10: RDS browse function behavior for different users

Discus and support RDS browse function behavior for different users in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Need your help to understand browse button functionality under RDS environment for different users. I have customer who has same RDS profile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TejinderDass_TD, Dec 17, 2019.

1. RDS browse function behavior for different users

Hi,

Need your help to understand browse button functionality under RDS environment for different users.

I have customer who has same RDS profile setup for all users, but when ever browse function used from a particular application to attach documents :

- For some users, it keeps in memory last location used and open that location with last few attachments done.

- For some user it shows blank list and user have to re-direct to original location to make attachment.

On user profile below configuration done :

- Default save location of documents in application.

- Task Bar -> Properties > this will open Taskbar and Navigation properties window -> Jump Lists tab -> check/ uncheck "Store and display recently opened items in Jump Lists".

Please share your valuable thoughts on above.

Warm regards

Tejinder Dass

:)

TejinderDass_TD, Dec 17, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

RDS browse function behavior for different users

Browse behavior from Edge web app--want camera to be listed

Hello,

A few possible reasons can be the cause of this issue. To help us identify the cause of this inconsistent behavior, we would like to know that following information:

• Do you only experience this issue on Edge?
    • Do you experience this issue on a particular web app or website?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset the advanced settings of Edge. These are typically hidden from regular users, but easily available to advanced users by typing
    about:flags in the address bar.

• Open Edge.
    • In the address bar, type about:flags.
    • Click on the Reset all flags to default button.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue.

Gino Des, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

RDS browse function behavior for different users

1. RDS browse function behavior for different users - Similar Threads - RDS browse function

2. FOR loop in CMD behaviors differently in WIn10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOR loop in CMD behaviors differently in WIn10 22H2: I found my old batch file that originally worked fine under Windows Version 10.0.19045.2364, but not works under Version 10.0.19045.2846 now. Hence I write a small batch file as below:==============================================================@ECHO OFF @SETLOCAL...
  3. FOR loop in CMD behaviors differently in WIn10 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FOR loop in CMD behaviors differently in WIn10 22H2: I found my old batch file that originally worked fine under Windows Version 10.0.19045.2364, but not works under Version 10.0.19045.2846 now. Hence I write a small batch file as below:==============================================================@ECHO OFF @SETLOCAL...
  4. Different behavior with the same application under different Microsoft OS

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Different behavior with the same application under different Microsoft OS: Hello, Here's my setup: Pc with Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, VMWARE Workstation Pro latest Version 15.5.5 Build 16285975, Visual studio 2019 MFC cpp. I've developed an app with Visual studio 2019 last version upppdated with MFC and C++. This app only says...
  5. Document & Photos Folders - Key differences from a user functionality perspective

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document & Photos Folders - Key differences from a user functionality perspective: Hi all, Does OneDrive treat the files contained in a 'document' or 'photo' folder differently. I.e 'reading' the text and extracting this as part of the file attributes or assignment or non assignment of tags or anything else like this....
  6. user functions

user functions: so after reinstalling windows 10 I now have profiles and users that have programs files separated in different folders and drives disabling many functions. some folders are read-only and split into a library and network area. how can I go to a single user/profile and get...
  7. Keyboar different function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboar different function: Why my backtick button on keyboard change fungtionality to windows button, i dont know how to solve it, thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboar-different-function/f8fcbc6d-e030-49c4-912e-2c353ac464a6
  8. Different Users

Different Users: I have a computer that I own but was used thru Raymond James a Company. I had 3 users Daniel King, Nancy Wiles and Patrick King I had Turbo Tax loaded on for the last 3 years. Under Daniel King, We all left Raymond James, I can get on the computer as Patrick King but I...
  9. RDS

RDS: How do I disconnect an RDS client (on Android tablet)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/rds/55f46b54-6729-49d3-8e6a-c2a913d55aa3
  10. Different behavior of applications on different PC's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different behavior of applications on different PC's: Hi - I'm running Win 10, the same version on three PC's side-by side and very often I'm running into an issue of different behavior of Windows on different machines. Let me give you simple example: Different order of columns in the command window(Administrator): net user...