Windows 10: RDS - Lockdown: GPO "Hide these specified drives in My Computer"

Discus and support RDS - Lockdown: GPO "Hide these specified drives in My Computer" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear all,Following GPO is in use for terminal servers:Hide these specified drives in My ComputerDrive c is hidden.Unfortunately the setting does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tamara Brinkmann, Nov 24, 2022.

1. RDS - Lockdown: GPO "Hide these specified drives in My Computer"

Dear all,Following GPO is in use for terminal servers:Hide these specified drives in My ComputerDrive c is hidden.Unfortunately the setting does not work completely and users are still able to view drive c.For example if you use MS Word and save a document. If the user chooses "save as" and then "this pc", the full path is displayed in the address bar.With this full path the user can navigate through the complete folder structure and save documents in the most impossible places.The GPO "restrict access to specified drives" prevents navigation, but access to folders like desktop and downloads i

:)

Tamara Brinkmann, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Vivian_S Win User

Unable to map to the local drive for RDS services.

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are looking for information regarding Remote Desktop Services configuration and hiding local drive policies for the user.

You may want to check the policy settings in the Group Policy Editor(gpedit.msc) for
    User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\File Explorer\Hide these specified drives in My Computer

However, for queries related to Group Policies and Remote Desktop, let me help in pointing you in the right direction. You can post your query in
    TechNet Forums where you will find professionals with expertise on GPO
    and RDP, and that would be the appropriate forum for this query.

Reference:
    Remote Desktop Services

Supported configurations for Remote Desktop Services

How to restrict users from accessing local drives of an RD Session Host
    server while using RemoteApp programs

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Nov 24, 2022
  3. rdwray Win User
    Hide network drive

Hi Kari and thanks, but I tried that along with GP "User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Explorer > Hide these specified drives in My Computer", but the drive did not show in the list. Starting to look like it can't be done with a mapped drive. *Sad

rdwray, Nov 24, 2022
  4. RDS - Lockdown: GPO "Hide these specified drives in My Computer"

Computer in lockdown

During installation of windows 10 I arrived at the blue screen which asks for my Outlook/Microsoft password. My computer has been in lockdown on that screen for3 days.

When I enter my correct password I get an error message saying that my password is incorrect which having checked it on another laptop I know this is not the case.

My laptop is useless, none of functions work.

Any one out there got any suggestions?

Johnpatt

johnpatt454, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

RDS - Lockdown: GPO "Hide these specified drives in My Computer"

1. RDS - Lockdown: GPO "Hide these specified drives in My Computer" - Similar Threads - RDS Lockdown GPO

2. Hide "my documents", documents shortcut and windows folder with GPO/register

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide "my documents", documents shortcut and windows folder with GPO/register: Hello, community, in my company, we provide storage for our customers. Each customer can access their own folder via Citrix.The problem is when I map a folder to their AD account/group, it automatically creates a folder "MyDocuments" and links it to the "Documents" shortcut....
  3. Hide "my documents", documents shortcut and windows folder with GPO/register

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide "my documents", documents shortcut and windows folder with GPO/register: Hello, community, in my company, we provide storage for our customers. Each customer can access their own folder via Citrix.The problem is when I map a folder to their AD account/group, it automatically creates a folder "MyDocuments" and links it to the "Documents" shortcut....
  4. Hide "my documents", documents shortcut and windows folder with GPO/register

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RDS - Lockdown: GPO "Hide these specified drives in My Computer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS - Lockdown: GPO "Hide these specified drives in My Computer": Dear all,Following GPO is in use for terminal servers:Hide these specified drives in My ComputerDrive c is hidden.Unfortunately the setting does not work completely and users are still able to view drive c.For example if you use MS Word and save a document. If the user...
  6. Path= Lockdown GPO setting?

Path= Lockdown GPO setting?: Hello, Is there a way to lock down the default path from a GPO? Is there a way to lock down the default path and not let any changes happen? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Is there a way to protect or lock down the path as a administrator?...
  7. Prevent / Hide drives from My Computer won't effect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent / Hide drives from My Computer won't effect: Hi! I am planning to have a small internet cafe and want to prevent/hide them from opening Drive D which is for games. I enabled Prevent access to drives from My Computer and Hide these specified drives in My Computer on Local Group Policy Editor but I can still access the...
  8. RDS

RDS: How do I disconnect an RDS client (on Android tablet)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/rds/55f46b54-6729-49d3-8e6a-c2a913d55aa3
  9. PSWindowsUpdate Powershell Module Not Hiding Specified Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PSWindowsUpdate Powershell Module Not Hiding Specified Updates: Just wondering if there's anybody out there familiar with the PSWindowsUpdate Module that can help me with my problem? I simply trying to hide a few update, but no matter what I try the updates remain visible. Here a couple of screenshots describing my problem: [img]...
  10. Hide Specified Control Panel Items in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide Specified Control Panel Items in Windows: How to: Hide Specified Control Panel Items in Windows [img] Information You can use Control Panel to change settings for Windows. These settings control nearly everything about how Windows looks and works, and you can use them to set up Windows so that it's just right for...