Windows 10: RDS printer redirection stopped working with Windows 10 version 1809

Discus and support RDS printer redirection stopped working with Windows 10 version 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We've rolled out our first Windows 10 version 1809 laptops and users of those devices notified us that they no longer see session printers in our RDS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dimitri T, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Dimitri T Win User

RDS printer redirection stopped working with Windows 10 version 1809

We've rolled out our first Windows 10 version 1809 laptops and users of those devices notified us that they no longer see session printers in our RDS environment.

RDS envrionment 1 is a server farm consisting of 8 load balanced 2012R2 servers.

RDS environment 2 is a server farm consisting of 4 load balanced 2016 servers.

Computers connecting to these farms with any Windows 7 flavour or Windows 10 v 1803 or below, don't have any problem with redirected printers.

As soon as the computer runs v1809, the redirected printer is absent.

Event viewer on servers show no intention of installing a redirected printer. (So no error nor a try)

Anyone else noticed this problem or even managed to solve it?

For now we stopped rolling out v 1809.

:)

Dimitri T, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

RDS Printer Question

I have a RDS server (server 2008 R2) and I share apps using its remote app functionality.
    This works fine and the apps appear to be running locally on the remote clients, even though they are not.
    The local printers on the remote client machines work fine from the remote apps (they are auto-redirected through TS ports by easyShare on the RDS).

Here's the question.
    I would like to be able to share a printer from the RDS machine and make it available to the local applications that are running on the clients.
    Is this possible?

I've been googling this for awhile but no love.

Kreij, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Larryh Win User
    hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

Did you download the software package that supports Windows 10 from the HP Support site and install it with your Admin ID?

RDS printer redirection stopped working with Windows 10 version 1809 [​IMG]

Larryh, Feb 11, 2019
  4. RDS printer redirection stopped working with Windows 10 version 1809

RDS Printer Question

I'm not 100% sure this will solve your problem but it may help. The freeware app called RedirectAllPrinters. I never had a use for it but I knew of it because I used a bunch of this guys freeware apps. It may just do exactly what easy share is already doing but just thought I'd point you it's direction. Just follow the link then go to his download page. His checkdisk app is great when you have to check multiple offline drives through a dock or usb adapter and the Reset TCP/IP app is a regular in my toolkit.

RedirectAllPrinters 1.02

Description from site:

Banned_User, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

RDS printer redirection stopped working with Windows 10 version 1809

1. RDS printer redirection stopped working with Windows 10 version 1809 - Similar Threads - RDS printer redirection

2. Printer stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer stopped working: My HP printer stopped working on my Windows 10 machine. I have removed and reinstalled the printer and updated the driver with no luck. Device manager says device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Please help, thank you!...
  3. hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

hp printer stops working after updating to 1809: Greetings After updating to 1809 (to solve another problem) my printer stopped working. It is HP officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless. Original CD was for windows XP/7 so it doesn't work. Device setup downloaded from HP support fails even after neutralizing firewall, defender,...
  4. hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hp printer stops working after updating to 1809: Greetings After updating to 1809 (to solve another problem) my printer stopped working. It is HP officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless. Original CD was for windows XP/7 so it doesn't work. Device setup downloaded from HP support fails even after neutralizing firewall, defender,...
  5. RDP Printer redirection doesn't work on SOME Windows 10 PC's

RDP Printer redirection doesn't work on SOME Windows 10 PC's: I am having trouble where printers on a Windows 10 doesn't redirect to a remote desktop environment (Remoting in to a Windows Server 2016) The following are enabled/setup: 1. Printer redirection option on the RDP file 2. Drivers are installed on both local and the remote...
  6. Printer just stopped working!

Printer just stopped working!: Seems that right after the last update, can't print from Publisher or Word. Device window shows correct printer set as default- everything else "normal". Anyone else??? Laserjet 1200 series thanks Jeff...
  7. Printer Redirections Windows Desktop App

Printer Redirections Windows Desktop App: When is printer redirections going to be able to work within the Microsoft Remote Desktop App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-redirections-windows-desktop-app/23dc147f-a27d-4418-9010-da3c451a319d
  8. RDS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDS: How do I disconnect an RDS client (on Android tablet)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/rds/55f46b54-6729-49d3-8e6a-c2a913d55aa3
  9. www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect not working - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect not working - Windows 10: Hello I´m trying follow this steps bellow, but sometimes works and another don´t in public wifi connection Please try to take following steps. 1. Setting -> Default apps -> Choose default apps by protocol. 2. Find HTTP/HTTPS, click on the browser to change. If you use...
  10. printer stopped working

printer stopped working: I have a fairly new Dell computer. I use an epson xp-610 all in one printer. It has always worked fine. I did not make any changes unless windows updates cause an issue. I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting to solve this issue. I tried to use microsoft to look for...