Windows 10: RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues

Discus and support RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Guys I already opened a thread on TechNet but wanted to open one here too to get help asap. Link from TechNet:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Seenjiroy, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Seenjiroy Win User

RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues

Hello Guys

I already opened a thread on TechNet but wanted to open one here too to get help asap.

Link from TechNet: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6fc86786-2b72-4f31-9190-e30fbcc7ce0c/rds-server-user-desktop-icon-display-issues?forum=winserverTS

Original Text without pictures(For pictures refer to the link above please):

We are in the end phase of publishing our new 2016 RDS Server. Now its the last 5% (Fixing Appearence Issues).

And the main problem right now is this: RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues 1311281.png RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues 1311280.png

Either the text vanishes/cuts off or it changes it loses the Aero Shadow.

This is all tested with Windows 10 1709 and 1803 Clients.

When i refresh it gets back to normal.

When i hover over the icon it reverts back and this is just ugly.

Im not really sure what the issue could be so i searched for a bit but couldn't find anything regarding this issue. I also did a sfc /scannow to check if any of the files that are responsible for this might be corrupt or something but to no vail.

This is the 2nd server we setup that has the same issue.

I appreaciate every bit of help.

Kind regards

Pkey

:)

Seenjiroy, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Divya Murugan Win User

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Peter1986C Win User
    Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Rohit Siddegowda Win User

Desktop icons

Hi Cruz,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to resize only the Desktop items. However, you may customize the display to make the icons bigger or change the text size.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Settings and click on System.

• Under Display, you can customize the options according to your use.

If you need to increase the Desktop icon text size, you may follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control panel.

• Click on Appearance and Personalization.

• Click on Display and change the settings for the icon text size.

Let us know the results. If you are still facing the issue, we’re here to help.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues - Similar Threads - RDS Server User

2. User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder on Desktop displays wrong Name: Hello, soooo i just noticed, the User Files Folder, that can be displayed on the Desktop and Explorer (you know, the one with your Username) has changed it's mind to Display "Ordner" (German for Folder*). This is the case for: My Desktop User Folder Icon (See image) The...
  3. RDS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDS: How do I disconnect an RDS client (on Android tablet)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/rds/55f46b54-6729-49d3-8e6a-c2a913d55aa3
  4. Unidentified icon displaying on desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unidentified icon displaying on desktop: Today, I noticed a new icon on my Windows 10 Desktop: [ATTACH] If I right-click, no additional choices appear. The icon cannot be expanded. I have been unable to locate any possibly associated processes for this. Any ideas as to what this might be and how to remove...
  5. desktop issue with opening icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop issue with opening icons: Desktop Icons Will Not Open __With Double Click Of Mouse Operating system is Vista 64, Windows 7. I cannot open any desktop icon with mouse and a right click of mouse does not open any options. I can open icons in the task bar, quick launch with mouse and a right click of...
  6. Server issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server issues: I can't connect to server. Server is down. I have made no changes to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/server-issues/32da98c4-3c1e-43a2-a772-f8c8e823fcb0
  7. Desktop Icons issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons issue: One month ago, i upgraded from windows 7 pro (x64) to windows 10 pro (x64). For 1 month it was working properly, but today (08.09.2015) i log into the windows and i founded an very annoying issue. I can't move my desktops icons and shortcuts. HOW ?! All my icons are sorted...
  8. New User Has No Icons On Her Desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    New User Has No Icons On Her Desktop...: The labels are there, but there is no/blank icons...please help. 77799
  9. Fix For The Desktop Icons Drop Shadows Keep Displaying Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix For The Desktop Icons Drop Shadows Keep Displaying Issue: Finally found why unchecking the selection box in System Properties > Advanced Settings > Performance Options > Visual Effects > "Use Drop Shadows For icon Labels On The Desktop" doesn't work to disable the drop shadows under the desktop icons. In addition to unchecking...
  10. Don't create desktop display icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't create desktop display icon: Hi, Desktop Icon My desktop display gets cluttered with .txt file icons. Is there a way to put a .txt file in the desktop folder and not create a monitor display icon for it? It would be accessible from File Explorer via the desktop folder. Thanks 48095