Windows 10: RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues

Discus and support RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Guys I already opened a thread on TechNet but wanted to open one here too to get help asap. Link from TechNet:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Seenjiroy, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Seenjiroy Win User

RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues

Hello Guys

I already opened a thread on TechNet but wanted to open one here too to get help asap.

Link from TechNet: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6fc86786-2b72-4f31-9190-e30fbcc7ce0c/rds-server-user-desktop-icon-display-issues?forum=winserverTS

Original Text without pictures(For pictures refer to the link above please):

We are in the end phase of publishing our new 2016 RDS Server. Now its the last 5% (Fixing Appearence Issues).

And the main problem right now is this: RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues 1311281.png RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues 1311280.png

Either the text vanishes/cuts off or it changes it loses the Aero Shadow.

This is all tested with Windows 10 1709 and 1803 Clients.

When i refresh it gets back to normal.

When i hover over the icon it reverts back and this is just ugly.

Im not really sure what the issue could be so i searched for a bit but couldn't find anything regarding this issue. I also did a sfc /scannow to check if any of the files that are responsible for this might be corrupt or something but to no vail.

This is the 2nd server we setup that has the same issue.

I appreaciate every bit of help.

Kind regards

Pkey

:)

Seenjiroy, Sep 6, 2018

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 6, 2018
  4. RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues

Desktop icons

Hi Cruz,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to resize only the Desktop items. However, you may customize the display to make the icons bigger or change the text size.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Settings and click on System.

• Under Display, you can customize the options according to your use.

If you need to increase the Desktop icon text size, you may follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control panel.

• Click on Appearance and Personalization.

• Click on Display and change the settings for the icon text size.

Let us know the results. If you are still facing the issue, we’re here to help.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues

1. RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues - Similar Threads - RDS Server User

2. RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO: I have a License Server with 75 user cals for RDS installed. I have an OU in AD with the servers I want to serve licenses to created and a GPO created and linked to that OU. However, a single user group is in AD that the GPO provides remote access via Terminal Services to....
  3. RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO: I have a License Server with 75 user cals for RDS installed. I have an OU in AD with the servers I want to serve licenses to created and a GPO created and linked to that OU. However, a single user group is in AD that the GPO provides remote access via Terminal Services to....
  4. RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019: Hi,I am trying for weeks now to figure out how can I get proper report.I have multiple Windows Server 2019 Per User CAL-s installed on my licensing server 2019.When I try to get report RD Licensing Manager to see available and issued licenses, I only received Installed but...
  5. RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019

RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019: Hi,I am trying for weeks now to figure out how can I get proper report.I have multiple Windows Server 2019 Per User CAL-s installed on my licensing server 2019.When I try to get report RD Licensing Manager to see available and issued licenses, I only received Installed but...
  6. Remote Desktop Rds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Rds: Hello Friends of the guild, I have a question regarding installing an RDs Remote desktop license in the License manager an Expiration date appears. My question is the following when the grace period expires does the Remote desktop stop working? even having the Cal Rds...
  7. Files on a RDS desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files on a RDS desktop: I have several users that are complains that mysterious shortcuts/files are being saved to their desktop when they didn't place them there. This is a MS Windows Server 2016 RDS server farm. The shortcuts follow them to any one of the the six session hosts that make up the...
  8. Files on a RDS desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files on a RDS desktop: I have several users that are complains that mysterious shortcuts/files are being saved to their desktop when they didn't place them there. This is a MS Windows Server 2016 RDS server farm. The shortcuts follow them to any one of the the six session hosts that make up the...
  9. Files on a RDS desktop

10. Users cant login Office 365 on Server 2019 RDS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Users cant login Office 365 on Server 2019 RDS: Error 0xCAA30194Error: 0xCAA30194 The server has not found anything matching the requested URI Uniform Resource Identifier.UI flow is completed with errorLogged at webuitokenrequest.cpp, line: 172, method: WebUITokenRequest::FinalizeUIFlow.Request: authority:...