Windows 10: RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues

Discus and support RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Guys I already opened a thread on TechNet but wanted to open one here too to get help asap. Link from TechNet:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Seenjiroy, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Seenjiroy Win User

RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues

Hello Guys

I already opened a thread on TechNet but wanted to open one here too to get help asap.

Link from TechNet: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6fc86786-2b72-4f31-9190-e30fbcc7ce0c/rds-server-user-desktop-icon-display-issues?forum=winserverTS

Original Text without pictures(For pictures refer to the link above please):

We are in the end phase of publishing our new 2016 RDS Server. Now its the last 5% (Fixing Appearence Issues).

And the main problem right now is this: RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues 1311281.png RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues 1311280.png

Either the text vanishes/cuts off or it changes it loses the Aero Shadow.

This is all tested with Windows 10 1709 and 1803 Clients.

When i refresh it gets back to normal.

When i hover over the icon it reverts back and this is just ugly.

Im not really sure what the issue could be so i searched for a bit but couldn't find anything regarding this issue. I also did a sfc /scannow to check if any of the files that are responsible for this might be corrupt or something but to no vail.

This is the 2nd server we setup that has the same issue.

I appreaciate every bit of help.

Kind regards

Pkey

:)

Seenjiroy, Sep 6, 2018

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 6, 2018
  4. RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues

Desktop icons

Hi Cruz,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to resize only the Desktop items. However, you may customize the display to make the icons bigger or change the text size.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Settings and click on System.

• Under Display, you can customize the options according to your use.

If you need to increase the Desktop icon text size, you may follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control panel.

• Click on Appearance and Personalization.

• Click on Display and change the settings for the icon text size.

Let us know the results. If you are still facing the issue, we’re here to help.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues

1. RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues - Similar Threads - RDS Server User

2. Dump Terminals RDS server. Printers are missing whenever users login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dump Terminals RDS server. Printers are missing whenever users login: I have a setup few hundreds of users are logging igel devices to the RDS server. dump terminals But some users experience that their added printers are missing when they log in in the next day. What is the solution for this? Any suggestions to map printers throug GPO or use...
  3. Desktop Icon issue

Desktop Icon issue: Yesterday when I logged into my work computer Dell Latitude 5420/Windows 10 Pro, my additional monitors were acting a little weird, so I did a system reset, verified the display settings. I really don't believe I changed anything that could have done this however- after a...
  4. Desktop Icon Issue

Desktop Icon Issue: This is one of the most frustrating issues I've had to deal with. After having a problem with my GPU fan, I had to take apart most of my PC to find out what part was going bad. After re-assembling and booting up, all of my desktop icons have moved back to my primary monitor...
  5. Windows Server 2019 RDS - Start & Search does not work, desktops don't load

in Cortana
    Windows Server 2019 RDS - Start & Search does not work, desktops don't load: server 2019 1809 2020-12 updates installed OK, all the way back to March when it was stood up. Its a RDS server, and I originally configured clients VHDX files to be on a storage server. Very reliable for many months. First came the complaints about slow log ins, a blank...
  6. Server 2016 RDS and multiple monitors for client

Server 2016 RDS and multiple monitors for client: Hi, I'm trying to get my remote desktop across 2 monitors on my client laptop. I have done the following with no effect: The first method is directly through the RDP interface. Open the Remote Desktop and click the "Options" button on the bottom left-hand corner of the...
  7. Icons not displaying on the desktop

Icons not displaying on the desktop: No icons displaying on the desktop. Done all the things, suggested on the internet, Microsoft support and everywhere else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-displaying-on-the-desktop/dae075be-a7c2-4932-a998-60e2734684a6
  8. Desktop display...icon location

Desktop display...icon location: I like to separate my icons into categories. However, recently all icons moved to the left side of the screen and I can not change any icon locations. How to I correct this so I can relocate the icon position on the desktop?...
  9. RDS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDS: How do I disconnect an RDS client (on Android tablet)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/rds/55f46b54-6729-49d3-8e6a-c2a913d55aa3
  10. Desktop Icons issue

Desktop Icons issue: One month ago, i upgraded from windows 7 pro (x64) to windows 10 pro (x64). For 1 month it was working properly, but today (08.09.2015) i log into the windows and i founded an very annoying issue. I can't move my desktops icons and shortcuts. HOW ?! All my icons are sorted...