Windows 10: RDS WS2019, best practices

Discus and support RDS WS2019, best practices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good morning, I'd need to understand the best practices to deploy a RDS environment with 2 session hsts and 1 connection broker, The question in detail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Francesco Ferrazzo, Aug 7, 2021.

1. RDS WS2019, best practices

Good morning, I'd need to understand the best practices to deploy a RDS environment with 2 session hsts and 1 connection broker, The question in detail is: The Clients should connect RDP to Session hosts maybe with round robin DNS entries or to Connection broker?I cannot find any official info about that.

:)

Francesco Ferrazzo, Aug 7, 2021
  2. Hapwhee Win User

Can't connect to RD Gateway using Windows 10

I am using Windows 10 Pro (1809) and I am trying to use RD Gateway but keep getting error message "can't connect to remote desktop gateway computer." I have seen numerous fix suggestions in other posts and the one I wanted to try was HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Terminal
    Server Client, but the terminal service client is not listed in the folder in Pro 10. Any ideas on how to get this RD Gateway to work?

Hapwhee, Aug 7, 2021
  3. unable to map on RDS to local drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you want to map the local drive for RDS services.

Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on RDS to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Please refer this article:
    Additional Remote Desktop resources

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 7, 2021
  4. Fatmasari Win User

RDS WS2019, best practices

Activate RDS CAL 2019 on Windows Server 2016

Dear Microsoft Support,

We recently purchased Windows Server RDS CAL 2019.

When we tried to install Windows Server RDS CAL 2019 into Windows Server 2016, it shows the license is not recognized and couldn’t install.

My questions are :

1. Can’t Windows RDS CAL 2019 be installed in Windows Server 2016? If can, how?
    2. Is there any way to downgrade RDS CAL from 2019 to 2016 version?

Thanks,

Fatmasari, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

RDS WS2019, best practices

1. RDS WS2019, best practices - Similar Threads - RDS WS2019 best

2. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices: Hi,Where can I find a list of best practice settings for Defender for Endpoint agent settings as defined by Group Policy?I am currently reviewing the settings my org uses, and would also like to know if I have missed any settings too.Best regards,Dan...
  3. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices: Hi,Where can I find a list of best practice settings for Defender for Endpoint agent settings as defined by Group Policy?I am currently reviewing the settings my org uses, and would also like to know if I have missed any settings too.Best regards,Dan...
  4. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. AD Security groups best practice

AD Security groups best practice: So I'm trying to do a bit of cleanup in our org. All folders have individuals in them. I want to switch to security groups. So HR for instance. 2 HR managers have full access. But one user has modify access. So I assume I would create 1 group for full access with the 2...
  6. OneDrive best practice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive best practice: Previously, I could not use OneDrive and was using SyncToy. Now I can use OneDrive but getting it set up is the problem. I have over 100GB to transfer but to this point I haven't been able to get 1GB out of a 10GB folder. I'm using LAN, not wireless and have a fiber optic...
  7. OneDrive best practice

OneDrive best practice: Previously, I could not use OneDrive and was using SyncToy. Now I can use OneDrive but getting it set up is the problem. I have over 100GB to transfer but to this point I haven't been able to get 1GB out of a 10GB folder. I'm using LAN, not wireless and have a fiber optic...
  8. Multiple Work Accounts Best Practice?

Multiple Work Accounts Best Practice?: We have business partners that use a certificate credential to access resources in our Tennent SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Access linked to SharePoint data, etc.. Resources are automatically shared though their valid certificate and group membership without having to...
  9. Best Practice for Unmounting External Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best Practice for Unmounting External Drive: I have created a mirror image on an external drive. I wish to dismount this drive until I need to make another mirror image. I have 5 external drives so I am unable to identify the drive I wish to disconnect using the Windows 10 Pro software. Does it matter if I shut down...
  10. Best Practices for Regular PC Maintenance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best Practices for Regular PC Maintenance: I'm surprised there's not a sticky for this, but can anyone recommend any software or a checklist to clean up junk on a PC on a regular basis besides cookies and cache? I'm referring to things like registry and defrag. I also feel like there's space and/or resources being...