Windows 10: re: a new win update problem

Discus and support re: a new win update problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having troubles with auto updates again on my Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop OS Win 10 Home 32bit. I put in the following line bellow into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reble, Oct 31, 2019.

1. reble Win User

re: a new win update problem

I am having troubles with auto updates again on my Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop OS Win 10 Home 32bit. I put in the following line bellow into the Windows Registry.
    Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows" in the Registry.

Right-click the Windows (folder) key,
    and select New, and then click on Key.

Name the new key "WindowsUpdate" and press Enter.

Right-click the newly created key, select New, and click on Key. Name the new key "AU" and press Enter.

Right-click on the right side, select New, and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new key
    "NoAutoUpdate" and press Enter.
    Double-click the newly created key and change its value from 0 to 1.

That entry into the Windows Registry has been working just fine for some time. Now I am getting the following in the screen capture (I had to capture the screen with my cell phone). When this Windows update notest is up, the whole laptop is locked up until 1 of the 3 buttons are pushed. Tonight a new (similar to the old update notest) that I screen captured already. Except now there is only 2 buttons to press. "restart later" or "restart now". I like the Windows setup the way it is. If I was running a business then I could see keeping up with the updates. But I am not, so an old saying goes "if it ain't broke don't fix it". So how do I stop this update annoyance? See the screen capture on the DropBox link bellow.

Steve

Dropbox - important updates.jpg - Simplify your life

:)

reble, Oct 31, 2019

2. Win Bench

New Updates
    Win Bench: 2.0.6.1
    Updater: 1.0.4.0

Been sure to update the updater first...

New Updater:
    Shows A List Of Fixes For Win Bench

Checks Files, If Anything is missing or corrupt it will download it (May have a few issues still)

CrackerJack, Oct 31, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 31, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond re: a new win update problem :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

1. re: a new win update problem - Similar Threads - update problem

2. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  3. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  4. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

7. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

8. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update

File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update: Greetings, esteemed forum members,I am reaching out to seek guidance regarding a troubling issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, I've noticed significant file corruption and data loss on my computer.Files that were...
  9. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update: Greetings, esteemed forum members,I am reaching out to seek guidance regarding a troubling issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, I've noticed significant file corruption and data loss on my computer.Files that were...
  10. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update