Windows 10: re: a problem making a bootable USB drive

Discus and support re: a problem making a bootable USB drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 1 I don't know if I should make a new thread or continue it on my old thread at I have 2 question's about win 10 home - Windows 10 Forums ? I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reble, Jan 5, 2019.

1. reble Win User

re: a problem making a bootable USB drive

1 I don't know if I should make a new thread or continue it on my old thread at I have 2 question's about win 10 home - Windows 10 Forums ?

I am trying to make a self booting USB drive of the prog "PCUlocker" on my Dell Inspiron15-3541 laptop OS Win 7 home 32bit. The purpose of this project is to put "PCUlocker" on a self booting USB drive so I can bypass the Win 10 local password (I forgot the Password) on an Asus X541NA laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit The problem that I have is when I make the bootable USB drive with the prog "Power ISO" using the free version of "PCUlocker" the bootable USB drive works. But I can't unlock the Windows password with the free version of "PCUlocker". So on Jan-3rd when I got paid, I paid online for the paid version of the "PCUnlcker" and download it. And the paid version just don't work. I made the bootable USB drive with the paid version. And the paid version will not boot up in the Asus laptop. The boot order in the bios along with all the other setting in the bios are set right. I have no clue as to why the free version boots but the paid version won't boot.
    By the way I have sent a few days ago an email to the "PCUlocker" tech support about this and there hasn't been any replys yet. Also I tried many different freeware USB ISO burners, all with the same results. Ether I got a bad download or there is a bug in the prog. Anyone have any ideas that I didn't think of?

Steve

:)

reble, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Jan 5, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

Make a USB drive bootable.

What are you trying to accomplish? You can use
    the free Rufus
    to make a bootable flash drive.

JimWynne, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. re: a problem making a bootable USB drive - Similar Threads - problem making bootable

2. Unable to make bootable USB Flash Drive with Rufus 3.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to make bootable USB Flash Drive with Rufus 3.1: I don't know why but I am unable to make a bootable USB flash drive with Rufus 3.1. I remember doing it successfully a few years back but now I can't. I've watched several tutorial videos on YouTube, but still, it will not work. When I insert the flash drive into my PC or...
  3. Make Windows/Bootable recovery Drive (USB) for another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make Windows/Bootable recovery Drive (USB) for another PC: Compliments! I have LG H160 Tablet Atom 1.7 Ghz with 2 Gb RAM, 32 Bit system. Windows 8.1 was installed in it. on an update, it was creating problem. Then I installed Win 10 32 Bit Version 1703. On an upgrade it became unresponsive. I tried to reset, restore it. but it...
  4. make bootable usb

make bootable usb: Hello I cannot make a bootable USB with the media creation tool. It gives error and corrupts the usb so I cannot use it anymore. It's already 3 of them. I have tried 2 USB port in the computer and it is the same. what to do. Thanks...
  5. Issue creating bootable USB drive

Issue creating bootable USB drive: Hi all, my first post. Thank you for any assistance in advance. I got a new 2nd hand Asus 2 in 1. I managed to finally get a fully functional Ubuntu Linux distro (dual boot) working on it. Unfortunately after getting it finally functional (Cheery Trail processors are not...
  6. Bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Bootable USB drive: Hi I have been speaking to Macrium via Facebook and decided I will go for the full version and have the security of a full image if my notebook ever goes wrong.... plus they gave me a 20% discount code so that is good *Smile Just a couple of questions.... 1. I want...
  7. How to make cloned drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to make cloned drive bootable?: I cloned C drive to G via Macrium Reflect sector by sector but cannot understand why the cloned SSD is not bootable. What commands do I run to enable the mirror G drive to boot just like C?The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10. [img] The G drive needs to say...
  8. Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bootable USB: I keep reading that to make a bootable flash drive for an ISO one needs either Rufus or the Windows tool. I told a mod that I swap the files within the ISO to the USB and it boots and he agreed that this works. I looked within the files and boot was there. When I insert the...
  9. How to make a bootable windows 10 usb

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make a bootable windows 10 usb: Ok so I wanted to be able to make a bootable usb with windows 10 on it but im not sure exactly how to do it, I tried to use the technical Preview iso but WinToUSB says it cannot find the bootable image. Help *Confused 2491
  10. Determine whether a usb drive is bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    Determine whether a usb drive is bootable: Short of rebooting, is there some way to tell whether a usb drive is bootable? 105327