Windows 10: re: a problem making a bootable USB drive

Discus and support re: a problem making a bootable USB drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 1 I don't know if I should make a new thread or continue it on my old thread at I have 2 question's about win 10 home - Windows 10 Forums ? I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reble, Jan 5, 2019.

1. reble Win User

re: a problem making a bootable USB drive

1 I don't know if I should make a new thread or continue it on my old thread at I have 2 question's about win 10 home - Windows 10 Forums ?

I am trying to make a self booting USB drive of the prog "PCUlocker" on my Dell Inspiron15-3541 laptop OS Win 7 home 32bit. The purpose of this project is to put "PCUlocker" on a self booting USB drive so I can bypass the Win 10 local password (I forgot the Password) on an Asus X541NA laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit The problem that I have is when I make the bootable USB drive with the prog "Power ISO" using the free version of "PCUlocker" the bootable USB drive works. But I can't unlock the Windows password with the free version of "PCUlocker". So on Jan-3rd when I got paid, I paid online for the paid version of the "PCUnlcker" and download it. And the paid version just don't work. I made the bootable USB drive with the paid version. And the paid version will not boot up in the Asus laptop. The boot order in the bios along with all the other setting in the bios are set right. I have no clue as to why the free version boots but the paid version won't boot.
    By the way I have sent a few days ago an email to the "PCUlocker" tech support about this and there hasn't been any replys yet. Also I tried many different freeware USB ISO burners, all with the same results. Ether I got a bad download or there is a bug in the prog. Anyone have any ideas that I didn't think of?

Steve

:)

reble, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Jan 5, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

Make a USB drive bootable.

What are you trying to accomplish? You can use
    the free Rufus
    to make a bootable flash drive.

JimWynne, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. re: a problem making a bootable USB drive - Similar Threads - problem making bootable

2. How to Make a Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive?

in Windows 10 News
    How to Make a Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive?: Most people prefer installing Windows 10 using a USB drive rather than a DVD. However, creating a bootable drive can get a little complicated. This article will look at how to create a bootable drive for Windows 10. What's Needed to Make a Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive? To...
  3. Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?: Hi, my USB drive is 59GB and I can't make it bootable with Rufus. The drive is a GPT style and I can't change it to MBR or it won't boot. I also can't use active command since it is a GPT disk. How do I make it bootable?...
  4. Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?: Hi, my USB drive is 59GB and I can't make it bootable with Rufus. The drive is a GPT style and I can't change it to MBR or it won't boot. I also can't use active command since it is a GPT disk. How do I make it bootable?...
  5. Make a 59GB USB drive bootable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to make a bootable USB ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make a bootable USB ?: Please tell me how to make a bootable USB in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-a-bootable-usb/6aaa7f8c-9191-4161-ac8a-777788cc8dd4
  7. Can’t choose my USB drive to make a bootable drive

Can’t choose my USB drive to make a bootable drive: I have a Lenovo 100S computer with Windows 10; I’m trying to use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable drive using my 32GB USB drive but after choosing the windows version I need the tool doesn’t let me choose the drive i want to use, instead it jumps to a message that...
  8. Problem when trying to make a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem when trying to make a bootable usb: Hello guys...So recently I tryed to make a bootable usb using the official app from the windows website but ran into this error while trying to do so... Anyone experience the same? Also...I really need to make this quick :(...Would appreciate any help https://ibb.co/C5ZHLFr...
  9. Make bootable USB drive for Win 10

Make bootable USB drive for Win 10: Task is simple: Making a bootable USB drive with Windows 10 Education - English - 1909 version The hardware I want to use is a Zenbook 14-UX433FA with Endless OS installed (seems a linux distro, never heard of it before) The PC I am working at right now is a Desktop with...
  10. make bootable usb

make bootable usb: Hello I cannot make a bootable USB with the media creation tool. It gives error and corrupts the usb so I cannot use it anymore. It's already 3 of them. I have tried 2 USB port in the computer and it is the same. what to do. Thanks...