Windows 10: Re; a problem with right clicking on any file

Discus and support Re; a problem with right clicking on any file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is on a Gateway laptop NV570P-18U OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. It doesn't mater what file or folder that I right click on. The menu is very slow to come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reble, Aug 1, 2020.

1. reble Win User

Re; a problem with right clicking on any file

This is on a Gateway laptop NV570P-18U OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. It doesn't mater what file or folder that I right click on. The menu is very slow to come up. And sometimes the blue circle just sits there and goes around and around and that's it. I have researched this problem online about the "context menu" and nothing helps. I am almost to the point of saying the heck with it. Save what needs to be saved to the D hard drive in the external USB case then wipe the C: hard drive partition clean and reinstall the OS and everything else. I am only guessing but this problem started after I downloaded SimCity 4K deluxe from GOG.com. And SimCity 4K deluxe hasn't worked 100% since I downloaded it, it has graphic streak problems in one of the citys. Anyways I though I would post here 1st and see if anyone has some ideas before I wipe the C partition clean and start reinstalling everything.

:)

reble, Aug 1, 2020

2. Right Clicking on a file

Hi Dileep,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Below are the steps on how to create Mail Recipient in the Sent To list.

1. Press Windows Key + R.

2. Type in the Search bar %appdata%\microsoft\windows\sendto

3. Right Click on the space in the middle of the window

4. Click New.

5. Click Text Document

6. Open the txt file in notepad, type in there 'Mail', and save the file as "Mail Recipient.MAPIMail"

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Re; a problem with right clicking on any file

Windows 10 Right click

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run system file checker scan and check the issue.

Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • At the Command Prompt, type:
      sfc/scannow
    I also suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Re; a problem with right clicking on any file

1. Re; a problem with right clicking on any file - Similar Threads - problem right clicking

2. I can't right click on any file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't right click on any file.: My desktop uses Windows 10; suddenly I can't right click on any file in file explorer such as pdf, image, ppt,... When I right click on the right one, my screen gonna turn black and then exit the file explorer.Thank you all for helping....
  3. I can't right click on any file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't right click on any file.: My desktop uses Windows 10; suddenly I can't right click on any file in file explorer such as pdf, image, ppt,... When I right click on the right one, my screen gonna turn black and then exit the file explorer.Thank you all for helping....
  4. I can't right click on any file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I'm can't right click on any file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm can't right click on any file.: My desktop uses Windows 10; suddenly I can't right click on any file in file explorer such as pdf, image, ppt,... When I right click on the right one, my screen gonna turn black and then exit the file explorer.Thank you all for helping....
  6. I'm can't right click on any file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm can't right click on any file.: My desktop uses Windows 10; suddenly I can't right click on any file in file explorer such as pdf, image, ppt,... When I right click on the right one, my screen gonna turn black and then exit the file explorer.Thank you all for helping....
  7. I'm can't right click on any file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Problem when I Right Click on a Desktop Icon or on any file

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem when I Right Click on a Desktop Icon or on any file: I have just sat and read through all 27 pages in case someone had already posted about my problem, but this is not the case. I upgraded to 20H2 yesterday. All very painless and relatively fast. However, I have a problem that when I Right Click on a Desktop Icon or on any...
  9. Re; a problem with right clecking on any file

in Windows 10 Support
    Re; a problem with right clecking on any file: This is on a Gateway laptop NV570P-18U OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. It doesn't mater what file or folder that I right click on. The menu is very slow to come up. And sometimes the blue circle just sits there and goes around and around and that's it. I have researched this problem...
  10. right click problem with folders and files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click problem with folders and files: Hi, I've had this problem for a few months and I just can't find a way to fix it. Every time I right click on a folder or file my screen kind of resets (I don't really know how to explain it but I made a video to show it: https://youtu.be/QYEPMEoBVhA) It doesn't happen if I...