Windows 10: re-activate administrator account

Discus and support re-activate administrator account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been trying to remove the need for administrator verification in order to make changes to the laptop. Specifically, edit the Matlab program file... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JackMoore9, Dec 22, 2020.

1. re-activate administrator account

I have been trying to remove the need for administrator verification in order to make changes to the laptop. Specifically, edit the Matlab program file in order to add toolboxes in the same directory directly from the command line use GitBash.

I'm using an Dell xps 7590 with I think basic windows 10.

A forum suggested de-acitvating the admin account via the command line which would remove the need for admin to verify?, but as it is the only account on the laptop I am not locked out entirely!

Is there any way for me to open the command line strategy from login? then I can change input to active:yes

:)

JackMoore9, Dec 22, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2020
  4. re-activate administrator account

Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

re-activate administrator account

1. re-activate administrator account - Similar Threads - activate administrator account

2. Re-create the built-in Administrator account after

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-create the built-in Administrator account after: Good afternoon.The built-in Administrator account became inaccessible as it started crashing the machine before completing the login process. It was therefore deleted. The user with Administrator rights continues to function.I wish to recreate the built-in Administrator...
  3. Re-create the built-in Administrator account after

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-create the built-in Administrator account after: Good afternoon.The built-in Administrator account became inaccessible as it started crashing the machine before completing the login process. It was therefore deleted. The user with Administrator rights continues to function.I wish to recreate the built-in Administrator...
  4. Re-create the built-in Administrator account after

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to access Window RE without built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to access Window RE without built-in Administrator account: I need help with accessing the Recovery Environment while the built -in administrator account is disabled. The error message that I'm getting is "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC" The issue might be...
  6. Activating an Administrator Account in Special Situations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Activating an Administrator Account in Special Situations: While using the existing ms account, the administrator account Administrator was activated with MS account with administrator privileges to delete files by changing the account. After deleting my ms account in Administrator, I created a new local account and deactivated the...
  7. No longer have an active active administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    No longer have an active active administrator account: Hi all, For reasons I can't understand, my local account on my Windows 10 PC which is not on a domain is no longer a member of the local administrators group it definitely used to be. The only account that is a member of the administrators group is the Administrator...
  8. re activate email account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    re activate email account: We have an old email address which we would like to make live again. it is showing the email address is still an active user, but no licence. how do we reinstate this?...
  9. Re-activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-activation: I've switched hardware (including motherboard) on my computer and as soon as I started the newly built PC I realised that windows wasn't able to activate. There's an option to troubleshoot so I did just that and proceedingly i pressed the "I have recently swithced hardware on...
  10. Administrator account - incomplete activation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator account - incomplete activation: Hi, I tried to activate my Administrator account on a Win 10 HP Envy 700-414. I did this because I thought it would help me delete some folders/files from a local network external hard drive. These file were created by a Vista machine that I no longer have. I get access...