Windows 10: Re-activate again + restore point help.

Discus and support Re-activate again + restore point help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I upgraded my Windows from 7 to 10, follow their process to get the new key when they allowed free upgrade at the time. This was about 3-4-5 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NovercaIis, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Re-activate again + restore point help.

So I upgraded my Windows from 7 to 10, follow their process to get the new key when they allowed free upgrade at the time. This was about 3-4-5 years ago, I dont remember.

Now I was considering doing a reformat and clean install of windows because I havent done a reformat in 3-4-5 years. I figure let me take a short cut, cause I dont remember where I put my window keys, so I will just use day 1 restore point when I first installed win10.

Now I have the watermark saying I need to activate my key. I tried troubleshooting and it says it cant find it. Produkey found the serial but it doesn't look like the one I had. I remember the random letter had FTH cause I would say "For The Horde." IT also shows another line that is saying missing.

So basically - this is a paid win, I dont have my win 7 with me anymore, I dont remember what I did with my win key and I want to reformat my PC anyways. I don't have faith with the serial Produkey is giving me either.

What do u guys recommend?

submitted by /u/NovercaIis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NovercaIis, Apr 6, 2020
  2. BJM
    bjm Win User

System restore point automatic create not working....need help.

Were you seeing CAPI2 errors with Macrium & System Restore.

And after enabling system protection.
    1) Does System Protection automatically create and populate checkpoints to list.
    Does System Protection create restore points when called by a program and populate checkpoints to list.

2) I'd like to confirm whether my issue is unique to me or common.
    My issue is that I can manually create restore points okay and those manual created will populate to my list.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list. Albeit, Task Scheduler shows Last Run time change.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list e.g., with Windows Updates.
    When create restore point is called by a program. I see activity that suggest restore point is being created ...but, again the activity does not translate to an entry in my list.

Re-activate again + restore point help. [​IMG]

3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CRe-activate again + restore point help. :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CRe-activate again + restore point help. :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Re-activate again + restore point help.

creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Re-activate again + restore point help.

1. Re-activate again + restore point help. - Similar Threads - activate again restore

2. Restore point PLS HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore point PLS HELP: My restore point literally doesnt shows up in the search menu idk it might be because im not using genuine windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point-pls-help/ee64efba-8fb6-4204-9b6a-a1594afd63ad
  3. Restore point PLS HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore point PLS HELP: My restore point literally doesnt shows up in the search menu idk it might be because im not using genuine windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point-pls-help/ee64efba-8fb6-4204-9b6a-a1594afd63ad
  4. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  5. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  6. restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore point: restore to two months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/b75193ce-d3b2-41ed-9f91-31bc2f3fe5fc
  7. Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore Points: -in- sI find no restore points and the configure window shows some thing is using that space all the time. I did a manual restore point and it was over written in a very short time.There is no name shown for this use.of the restore space. An others similar HP All-in-one...
  8. Windows 10 restore point, help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 restore point, help: Hello boys n girls n attack helicopters. I have a problem on my hand and that is that i want to restore my computer to a previous state. Here is my problem: I only want to restore ONE of my disks(I have two). I want to restor my C disk and not touch my D disk. Is this...
  9. Re-Activation help

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Activation help: The windows on my PC is not OEM, It was an upgrade from 8.1 to 10. I have re activated windows on this pc before but now it seems i cannot. I have took the "other" PCs off of my account to make room for my "new" one. The quotes are because i have changed my hardware. My...
  10. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...