Windows 10: Re-activate Windows 10 after hardware change - stand alone copy of windows.

Discus and support Re-activate Windows 10 after hardware change - stand alone copy of windows. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, my motherboard failed and I have swapped it out for a new one with new CPU. I have installed windows 10 Pro and used the license key I have for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PAA_688, Oct 26, 2019.

1. PAA_688 Win User

Re-activate Windows 10 after hardware change - stand alone copy of windows.

Hi, my motherboard failed and I have swapped it out for a new one with new CPU. I have installed windows 10 Pro and used the license key I have for the stand alone copy of Windows that I purchased earlier this year. The new install tells me that windows can't be activated as it is already in use on another machine. Well yes it was but that machine broke. When following the activation troubleshooter I am advised to link my account to my license in preparation for hardware changes. That would be great except the old machine broke. Yes you will see I am in an endless loop with no way out. How can I activate the new windows 10 install using the product key I have? Thanks for any assistance.

:)

PAA_688, Oct 26, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. cadaveca Win User
    Windows 10 Hardware change

No. That only applies to an OEM key. IF you had a retail key that you upgraded, you are more than welcome to transfer this key to another device, just as you would have been able to before the upgrade. The default for retail keys is three activations before you need to call in and get help with activation. Previously, it was required that you install your retail OS first and then upgrade, but the most recent build of Win10 removes that requirement and allows direct installation of Windows10 using your retail Win7/8/8.1 key.

cadaveca, Oct 26, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Re-activate Windows 10 after hardware change - stand alone copy of windows. - Similar Threads - activate hardware change

2. Re activating Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re activating Windows 10 after hardware change: I once upgraded to a new PC and was able to successfully move my windows 10 license from the old PC to the new one So I believe I have already linked my license to my Microsoft account. Unfortunately that PC died last week so I purchased a new one and I want to use the same...
  3. Re activating windows 10 after hardware change

Re activating windows 10 after hardware change: So I recently purchased a new motherboard, cpu & ram from some nice black Friday deals. Was a bit worried installing them would cause trouble since it was a while ago I changed my hardware but it was like riding a bike, sure a bit nervous but it all worked out fine. Out of...
  4. Windows 10 re-activation after a hardware change

Windows 10 re-activation after a hardware change: I've changed a hardware recently and I can't re-activate a Windows 10 that I've received for free on my new configuration with the following message: We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows....
  5. Re-activating Windows 10 after hardware change

Re-activating Windows 10 after hardware change: I have replaced the motherboard in my PC. The previous m/b failed, so I could not retrieve my product key before making the change. Now I cannot reactivate. My copy of Windows 10 was a free upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium, and I don't recall ever receiving a key during...
  6. Re-activate windows 10 after hardware change

Re-activate windows 10 after hardware change: I just changed motherboard+cpu of my desktop so my windows needs a re-activation. Here's the problem. When I first used the troubleshoot, it said something like 'couldn't connect to server, try later blabla' Then I thought maybe I have to try something I else, so I...
  7. Windows 10 Re-activation after a hardware change

Windows 10 Re-activation after a hardware change: I have Windows 7 Professional purchased with 32 bit option. Now I changed hardware like hard disk and motherboard and performed a clean windows 10 Pro installation. On Activation with the Win 7 Pro license key of above said, it is showing Error Code: 0xc004f050, Description:...
  8. Re-Activating Windows 10 after hardware change

Re-Activating Windows 10 after hardware change: I recently upgraded some of my hardware components on my PC, including my motherboard. Now Windows is saying I need to reactive. I've ran both troubleshooters and both give me errors. This is not the first time I've upgraded motherboards on this PC. I don't have a product...
  9. Windows 10 not re activating after change of hardware

Windows 10 not re activating after change of hardware: I need help, i have just changed cpu , mobo . Last time i did this i ran into a little bit of trouble but i managed to solve it. I have tried the trouble shoot but its not worked any sugestions?...
  10. Windows 10 re-activation after hardware change

Windows 10 re-activation after hardware change: Hello there So I recently bought a new computer setup with all parts bought separate a few weeks ago. However when all the parts arrived there was a fault on motherboard that I couldn't fix. I did try to setup of the software (windows 10 installation and the like to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win 10 1909 stand alone activation