Windows 10: Re-activating a digital licenced Windows 10 with new hardware changes

Discus and support Re-activating a digital licenced Windows 10 with new hardware changes in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently, i my motherboard broke due to my PSU caught on fire. Surprisingly, my hard drive containing all my files are intact and i'm about to buy new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BlakeZ, Nov 29, 2018.

1. BlakeZ Win User

Re-activating a digital licenced Windows 10 with new hardware changes

Recently, i my motherboard broke due to my PSU caught on fire.

Surprisingly, my hard drive containing all my files are intact and i'm about to buy new components.

My concern is, will i be able to activate windows if i login with my Microsoft account that has the key?

:)

BlakeZ, Nov 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 digital licence activation issues

Good day

My hardware sticker indicates that I have a Windows 10 Pro digital license, I installed Windows 10 Pro accordingly.

Now when I try activate my digital licence it says that I have a Home Single Language licence and must install correct version.

Please advise how this is possible and what could be the cause of this, I have activated many machines without fail in this regard but today suddenly things changed?

Please revert with reasons and a fix to resolve urgently to activate the Pro version which is what I require.

Regards

Michael Cloete, Nov 29, 2018
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Upgrade Hardware... Will not activate

Originally the free upgrade digital licence was provided against the hardware. (the AMD motherboard)

You were able to change the motherboard and activate. Some would say you were lucky as the digital licence is bound to the original hardware.

Now you have changed the motherboard again you require a new licence to activate windows. (go to the Store and purchase a key)

If you are using Windows 10 version 1607 and login with an MS account then you can try the Activation Troubleshooter.

neilpzz, Nov 29, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Need Clarification on Windows 10 Digital Licence...

This is the best way as it does not use one of your digital licence "lives" as you can only transfer a digital licence three times (by my testing).

cereberus, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Re-activating a digital licenced Windows 10 with new hardware changes - Similar Threads - activating digital licenced

2. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware: i've been attempting to get my digital licence to work on my new computer but isn't working, tried using the slmgr commands and still dont have success, tried to uninstall from the original device and now isn't even showing on the troubleshoot...
  3. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware: i've been attempting to get my digital licence to work on my new computer but isn't working, tried using the slmgr commands and still dont have success, tried to uninstall from the original device and now isn't even showing on the troubleshoot...
  4. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital licence and hardware change: Hi,I have made hardware changes and reinstalled windows. I accidentally removed the previous build/PC from my devices in my microsoft account. Now I cannot activate the new build. How can I fix this?Nic...
  6. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital licence and hardware change: Hi,I have made hardware changes and reinstalled windows. I accidentally removed the previous build/PC from my devices in my microsoft account. Now I cannot activate the new build. How can I fix this?Nic...
  7. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Digital licence activation post hardware change

Digital licence activation post hardware change: I switched out my hardware on a pc with a digital license and now it wont activate, the old device is still registered in my account devices. also the help is completely useless once I get to the talk to someone section as it refuses to accept my contact number which is...
  9. Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change Digital Licence

Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change Digital Licence: Hi, I have attempted to install Windows 10 clean install following a hardware change motherboard and CPU. Previous to attempting to get the new system, I had Windows 10 Pro, with my account linked to the Digital Licence. Everything I read prior to the upgrade was indicative...
  10. re-use a digital licence in a new computer

re-use a digital licence in a new computer: Hello Everyone I got a new computer and installed windwos 10 pro .. my question is that : can you use the digital licence ( the same version of windows) which I had in my old laptop ( which I formatted) in the new one? thanks...