Windows 10: re activating Win10 pro after hardware change

Discus and support re activating Win10 pro after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I need to change my motherboard soon as it is showing failures, so I will be buying a new one with CPU and Memory and I wonder if it is possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MalleEppie, Mar 30, 2019.

1. re activating Win10 pro after hardware change

Hi, I need to change my motherboard soon as it is showing failures, so I will be buying a new one with CPU and Memory and I wonder if it is possible to reactivate windows without a Microsoft account as I only have a local account ?

I do have a valid activation key because I bought my version of windows 10 pro but I read that that may not be enough and I need to bind my key to a Microsoft account and that might be a problem for me cause I just have a local account. (I do not want to create a Microsoft account)

Thanks in advance for your answer.

:)

MalleEppie, Mar 30, 2019
  2. Kolby65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Hodakiin Win User
    Win10 won't activate after RAM change

Hey! I replaced my old RAM cards with two new ones, and now I'm stuck with a "activate windows" prompt in the bottom right corner of my screen. The troubleshooter does not seem to do anything (tried checking the changed hardware option + chose my device
    in the list of devices + it said win10 was now activated.... but the prompt won't leave.)

I got win10 during the free upgrade period, and thus I don't have a product key... Any suggestions?

Hodakiin, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

re activating Win10 pro after hardware change

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

re activating Win10 pro after hardware change

1. re activating Win10 pro after hardware change - Similar Threads - activating Win10 pro

2. windows re-activation after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows re-activation after hardware change.: Hello, I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu. I made sure to link my windows digital license to my microsoft account before I did this. I ran the troubleshooter and it was unable to reactivate windows. Is there anything I can do?...
  3. Failing re-activation after hardware change after upgrading win10 home to pro

Failing re-activation after hardware change after upgrading win10 home to pro: So a few days ago I wanted to add my new windows 10 home to a domain, but bummer for me Microsoft finds that to be a "pro" feature now so I bought the upgrade. I installed it and activated it, no problems, all was working perfectly. But a day later I also thought it was time...
  4. Re-activate Windows 10 pro after hardware change

Re-activate Windows 10 pro after hardware change: II had an HP 850 G2, which expired, but I salvaged the SSD and put it in an 850 G1, but I cannot re-activate windows 10 pro Can anyone help, please ? I have the license key etc....
  5. Re-activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-activation after hardware change: Hello, so I upgraded my hardware in my PC and the first time I started it up no issues. Day after Windows are asking to be activated. So I go through the activation trouble shooter and in the end it tells it can not be activated at the time. My windows 10 are free...
  6. Re-activating Windows after Hardware Change

Re-activating Windows after Hardware Change: I have a genuine copy of Windows 10 Professional-forced upgrade from Genuine (and paid for) Windows 7 Professional. This was checked using slmgr /xpr. There is no product key but a digital license through a linked account. I have upgraded my hardware by replacing the...
  7. Re-Activation of Windows After a Hardware Change

Re-Activation of Windows After a Hardware Change: Hello, I have a bit of situation and cannot get windows to re-activate after a hardware change. Here is the situation, I purchased a MSI AM4 socket motherboard to upgrade from an AM3 board at the beginning of December which was the original system my product of Windows was...
  8. Re-activation after hardware change

Re-activation after hardware change: I recently changed motherboards, and when I booted up my computer, windows was deactivated. I am signed in to the same account I was before, and didn't change editions of windows. I have tried using the built-in troubleshooter, even choosing the "I changed hardware recently"...
  9. Activation win10 after hardware change

Activation win10 after hardware change: Hello everyone, I've recetly change some of my hardware (motherboard, CPU and RAM) and when i started pc i could not active windows again. Error code that i have is 0xC004C003. On my previus computer was (before hardware upgrade) OEM and now it is something else. I can...
  10. Re activate windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Re activate windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I changed my motherboard cpu and ram today and can't reactivate windows 10. Image below is my activation screen in settings. My product key appears to be correct based on the last few digits that is shows and what i have written down in my files before i changed hardware....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. re-activate win 10 pro upgrade