Windows 10: Re-activating Windows 10 after a hardware change - editions don't match

Discus and support Re-activating Windows 10 after a hardware change - editions don't match in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I decided to upgrade my pc and the new components were only compatible with Windows 10. So I bought and installed Windows 10, new hardware came today:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ConnorPiper, May 17, 2019.

1. Re-activating Windows 10 after a hardware change - editions don't match

I decided to upgrade my pc and the new components were only compatible with Windows 10. So I bought and installed Windows 10, new hardware came today: New CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU. I still have the same hard drive though. I am being told that my Windows need to be reactivated but when I try it says it can't reactivate Windows on my device because "editions doesn't match".

I have done some more research and I know I didn't sign into my Microsoft account on this PC before I changed the hardware and now it can't find this device. However I bought the OS while signed into my Microsoft Account and this new PC rig is signed in under my Microsoft account so I am a bit confused why I can't re-activate it.

Have I basically just wasted £120 on an OS I have had for 2 days? Or is there a way of fixing this?

Thank you

:)

ConnorPiper, May 17, 2019

2. Keyboard charachters don´t match

How to correct keyboard charachters if language region does match correct keyboard but charachters still don´t.

RodrigoIzquierdo, May 17, 2019
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade after Windows 7 hardware change

Hi Kray,

It's possible that the edition of Windows on your device doesn't match the edition of Windows you linked to your digital license or the type of device you're activating doesn't match the type of device you linked to your digital license. As an initial troubleshooting
    method, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article and check if it helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, May 17, 2019
  4. Valeriu Win User

Re-activating Windows 10 after a hardware change - editions don't match

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Re-activating Windows 10 after a hardware change - editions don't match [​IMG]

Valeriu, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Re-activating Windows 10 after a hardware change - editions don't match

1. Re-activating Windows 10 after a hardware change - editions don't match - Similar Threads - activating hardware change

2. Re activating Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re activating Windows 10 after hardware change: I once upgraded to a new PC and was able to successfully move my windows 10 license from the old PC to the new one So I believe I have already linked my license to my Microsoft account. Unfortunately that PC died last week so I purchased a new one and I want to use the same...
  3. Re activating windows 10 after hardware change

Re activating windows 10 after hardware change: So I recently purchased a new motherboard, cpu & ram from some nice black Friday deals. Was a bit worried installing them would cause trouble since it was a while ago I changed my hardware but it was like riding a bike, sure a bit nervous but it all worked out fine. Out of...
  4. Windows 10 re-activation after a hardware change

Windows 10 re-activation after a hardware change: I've changed a hardware recently and I can't re-activate a Windows 10 that I've received for free on my new configuration with the following message: We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows....
  5. Re-activating Windows 10 after hardware change

Re-activating Windows 10 after hardware change: I have replaced the motherboard in my PC. The previous m/b failed, so I could not retrieve my product key before making the change. Now I cannot reactivate. My copy of Windows 10 was a free upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium, and I don't recall ever receiving a key during...
  6. Re-activate windows 10 after hardware change

Re-activate windows 10 after hardware change: I just changed motherboard+cpu of my desktop so my windows needs a re-activation. Here's the problem. When I first used the troubleshoot, it said something like 'couldn't connect to server, try later blabla' Then I thought maybe I have to try something I else, so I...
  7. Windows 10 Re-activation after a hardware change

Windows 10 Re-activation after a hardware change: I have Windows 7 Professional purchased with 32 bit option. Now I changed hardware like hard disk and motherboard and performed a clean windows 10 Pro installation. On Activation with the Win 7 Pro license key of above said, it is showing Error Code: 0xc004f050, Description:...
  8. Re-Activating Windows 10 after hardware change

Re-Activating Windows 10 after hardware change: I recently upgraded some of my hardware components on my PC, including my motherboard. Now Windows is saying I need to reactive. I've ran both troubleshooters and both give me errors. This is not the first time I've upgraded motherboards on this PC. I don't have a product...
  9. Windows 10 not re activating after change of hardware

Windows 10 not re activating after change of hardware: I need help, i have just changed cpu , mobo . Last time i did this i ran into a little bit of trouble but i managed to solve it. I have tried the trouble shoot but its not worked any sugestions?...
  10. Windows 10 re-activation after hardware change

Windows 10 re-activation after hardware change: Hello there So I recently bought a new computer setup with all parts bought separate a few weeks ago. However when all the parts arrived there was a fault on motherboard that I couldn't fix. I did try to setup of the software (windows 10 installation and the like to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. re-activation of windows 10 after pc failure

2. windows 10 editions dont match