Windows 10: re-activating Windows 10 on a new hard

Discus and support re-activating Windows 10 on a new hard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a reconditioned computer that came with an OEM Microsoft Windows 10 product key sticker on the side. This computer came with a 250 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ClarkPim, Jun 29, 2020.

1. ClarkPim Win User

re-activating Windows 10 on a new hard

Hi,

I bought a reconditioned computer that came with an OEM Microsoft Windows 10 product key sticker on the side. This computer came with a 250 GB hard drive. I want to replace it with a larger hard drive, do a fresh install of Windows 10 on it. The 250 GB hard will not go into another computer as it will be upgraded to a 1 TB or 2 TB hard drive. Can I still activate Windows 10 with the same product key license on the bigger hard drive.

:)

ClarkPim, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 29, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Ganesh R. Win User

Windows 10 activation issue after changing hard disk to new computer

My understanding is the the Windows OS in the old hard disk was activated on a different PC and hence is tied to a different hardware.

The new PC had Windows 8.1 and the activation is tied to the new PC.

I would suggest that you re-attach the new HDD, upgrade the OS to Windows 10, let it activate successfully and then swap the HDD. This may allow you to keep your old OS files and have Windows activated. If it does not you will have to re-install Windows 10 on your SSD after you upgrade the Windows 8 OS.

if you don't want to try this, try calling up Microsoft Support and explain them your problem. May be they will just give you a new Activation key.

Ganesh R., Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. re-activating Windows 10 on a new hard - Similar Threads - activating hard

2. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...: To whom it may concern,I recently refurbished four identical laptops for a customer in a professional / industrial environment.The laptops in question are all the same model as follows:HP EliteBook Folio 9470mThey sit into older style docking stations that are used...
  3. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...: To whom it may concern,I recently refurbished four identical laptops for a customer in a professional / industrial environment.The laptops in question are all the same model as follows:HP EliteBook Folio 9470mThey sit into older style docking stations that are used...
  4. Issue with Windows Activation after replacing old hard drives with new ones in corporate...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  6. windows activation after hard disk change

windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  7. Windows 11 Taskbar : Hard to see ACTIVE app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar : Hard to see ACTIVE app.: The task bar is low-contrast, it is almost impossible to tell which app is active, and it is driving me nuts.I have tried all the task bar settings, but none solve the problem. The weird "high contrast" options e.g. dessert do not solve my problem.Also dark mode and custom...
  8. Windows 11 Taskbar : Hard to see ACTIVE app.

Windows 11 Taskbar : Hard to see ACTIVE app.: The task bar is low-contrast, it is almost impossible to tell which app is active, and it is driving me nuts.I have tried all the task bar settings, but none solve the problem. The weird "high contrast" options e.g. dessert do not solve my problem.Also dark mode and custom...
  9. Can't activate Windows after replacing a hard drive and re-installing - Never hear back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows after replacing a hard drive and re-installing - Never hear back...: I've reinstalled Windows 11 on my PC after replacing a failed HDD and now I can't activate Windows. I skipped adding a product key during installation as instructed on the MS website due to having a digital licence and once I was able to boot into Windows it wouldn't let me...
  10. Can't activate Windows after replacing a hard drive and re-installing - Never hear back...

Can't activate Windows after replacing a hard drive and re-installing - Never hear back...: I've reinstalled Windows 11 on my PC after replacing a failed HDD and now I can't activate Windows. I skipped adding a product key during installation as instructed on the MS website due to having a digital licence and once I was able to boot into Windows it wouldn't let me...