Windows 10: re-activating windows 10

Discus and support re-activating windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a refurbished Lenovo think pad 4 months ago. I am now getting a message telling me to activate my windows. I attempted this but it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lesnorman1, Sep 20, 2018.

1. re-activating windows 10

I bought a refurbished Lenovo think pad 4 months ago. I am now getting a message telling me to activate my windows.

I attempted this but it will not take my 25 figure product key.

What can I do to fix this

L Norman

:)

lesnorman1, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Sep 20, 2018
  4. skippy258 Win User

re-activating windows 10

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      re-activating windows 10 [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

re-activating windows 10

1. re-activating windows 10 - Similar Threads - activating

2. Activation - try again later error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation - try again later error: I was forced to upgrade my hard drive to ssd, in which windows was installed as non activated. This was a unique problem I faced, even after linking my ms account, it shows error as " can't reactivate pc, try again". I would like to know whether this is a hardware issue or...
  3. How to fix "Activate Windows" after changing hardware?

How to fix "Activate Windows" after changing hardware?: I have a small but weird problem with my OS on my machine, it started back when I upgraded to Windows 10 when I saw a first official promotion of a full version of Windows 10 Home pop up a few years back, everything was great (no issues at all), but after making some...
  4. Windows activation

Windows activation: I just upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and memory on my computer. I'm now getting a message on my monitor that says "activate windows, go to settings to activate Windows". My settings page shows that I don't have a Windows account, which is not possible as I got the free...
  5. windows activation issue

windows activation issue: Over a year ago, I bought a desktop computer from a computer sale that had windows pre installed on it. only now have I properly realised that my windows has not been activated. since the computer did not come with an activation key and I no longer have the sellers details,...
  6. Trouble Activating Windows 10 on a Brand New Laptop

Trouble Activating Windows 10 on a Brand New Laptop: Would really appreciate if someone could help me out. Just bought a brand new Dell laptop, and was setting it up when I noticed a notification saying Windows 10 hasn't been activated yet. I went into settings to activate it but it gives me the error code 0xC004C008, saying...
  7. Go to settings to activate windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Go to settings to activate windows: MS Windows 10 is an absolute con. After paying for a laptop with windows pre-installed I get a message that says I have to activate windows that won't go away. What a convenient error, one that happens to screw people out of money. Clearly a sign that this monopolistic...
  8. Windows Activation Issue

Windows Activation Issue: My System is unable to activate itself. whenever I click on activation tab a blank screen pop-up. How to Fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-issue/1b2b03d2-0657-4c97-bdc6-b9b6d9e5564e
  9. activation

activation: recently bought a new DELL laptop in Jordan it came with win 10 however having run Defender for the first time it tells me i have a krack and when i try to activate it i get error code 0xcoo4fo5o help please...
  10. Problem with Windows Activation

Problem with Windows Activation: Hello. When I bought my laptop, there was Windows 8 installed. Ever sincethen I update my Windows. Now I have Windows 10 installed. A few weeks ago an "Activate Windows" message appeared in the right bottom angle. I've tried to figure out what is the problem and I found that...