Windows 10: Re-activating windows 10

Discus and support Re-activating windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have this week completed building my new Pc and I have received a message in settings you need to activate windows 10 which was a free download in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rogervansteeden, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Re-activating windows 10

Hi I have this week completed building my new Pc and I have received a message in settings you need to activate windows 10 which was a free download in July 2015 as I was upgrading from windows 7,however the product code I have does not work and Microsoft said I will have to buy a new key is this correct.

:)

rogervansteeden, Oct 21, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

Re Activating Windows 10

If you already have install media you won't need to use the Media Creation Tool.

neilpzz, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Gellomack Win User
    Re Activating Windows 10

Download and run the Media Creation Tool

Here is the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Read and accept the License Terms..

Select "Create installation media (USB Flash Drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC"

Click or tap "Next"

We need to determine whether your running on x32 or x64...

Press (Windows Key) + R

Type "Cmd"

When that window comes up type "Systeminfo" into it.

And scroll down till ya find this...
    Re-activating windows 10 [​IMG]

It can be x64 or 32x..

Now that you know what "System Type" it is, go back to the Media Creation tool and to the right of "Architecture" there is a drop down menu, click/tap on that and select your computers "System Type" and press next.

Then in the selection area for where to install the media, select the USB Flash Drive option.

In the past I have had an issue where the software does not detect any Flash Drives you put in, don`t worry! There is another method...

Goto http://rufus.akeo.ie/

and download that tool, there is no install needed.

In the meanwhile, go back to the Media Creation tool and select "Back" in the bottom right of the window and instead of selecting to install on a USB Drive, select the ISO file option. Windows Explorer should pop up asking where to place the file. I normally
    put it in my documents for easy access.

It will take a while for the tool to download and place the ISO file in your documents.

When it is done, close the Media Creation Tool and run Rufus.

When it asks whether to download and install update online, select no and then when the program opens, select the icon with the disk next to the drive. Windows Explorer will open and ask which file to use, goto your Documents and select the file the Media
    Creation Tool made. Then check to make sure your burning the ISO to the right USB and then click Start.

The process will take around 10-15 minutes depending on your hardware.

When it is done, please log off/lock your windows 10 (Locking, Windows Key+L) and please press the power button on your lock screen (Possible that you may need to click/swipe the lock screen up, to the password entering screen) then Press Shift on your keyboard
    and click restart. When you get there, there will be several options, select the option that boots you into your USB. Then follow the directions the program provides. It is possible you might need to "Press any key to boot into the USB". Watch for that Re-activating windows 10 :).

Hope this helps - Gello

Gellomack, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

Re-activating windows 10

Welcome to TenForums, Roger.

If you've changed the motherboard, the MS activation servers will have rejected what it sees as a new device relative to the one you had upgraded. Is your Win7 license a one machine OEM license or a transferrable retail license?

If retail, reinstall Win7 on the built PC, confirm that it activates successfully, and then upgrade again to Win10.

Word Man, Oct 21, 2015
  5. Charlie Win User
    Did you try the new 10565 widows insider build. Spose to be you can put your win 7 key in when you install 10 and you get a digital intitlement.*Smile

Charlie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Re-activating windows 10

1. Re-activating windows 10 - Similar Threads - activating

2. Different activation key by itself. 0xC004003 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different activation key by itself. 0xC004003 error: For some reason in the past couple days my laptop changes it's windows key by itself where is says XXXXX-XXXXX-... its a different one then what I activated my new windows with about half a year ago. What I mean is every day or not even day, hour, when I log in it says that I...
  3. Different activation key by itself. 0xC004003 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different activation key by itself. 0xC004003 error: For some reason in the past couple days my laptop changes it's windows key by itself where is says XXXXX-XXXXX-... its a different one then what I activated my new windows with about half a year ago. What I mean is every day or not even day, hour, when I log in it says that I...
  4. Windows 10 computer won’t activate software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 computer won’t activate software: After window 10 automatic updates the computer will not run any softeare application. It will boot to generic windows screen, but wiill not load profile or run any app....
  5. Windows 10 computer won’t activate software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 computer won’t activate software: After window 10 automatic updates the computer will not run any softeare application. It will boot to generic windows screen, but wiill not load profile or run any app....
  6. Windows 10 computer won’t activate software

7. How to activate windows 10 in my laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate windows 10 in my laptop: How to activate windows 10 in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-windows-10-in-my-laptop/e6e250f9-55da-4d21-ac83-b0f6e83a1274
  8. How to activate windows 10 in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows 10 in my laptop: How to activate windows 10 in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-windows-10-in-my-laptop/e6e250f9-55da-4d21-ac83-b0f6e83a1274
  9. How to activate windows 10 in my laptop

10. How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retrieve windows activation key for my new studio 2 laptop?: I recently purchased my Microsoft Studio 2 laptop, and when I attempted to dual boot with Linux, I deleted my Windows boot manager. I am now unable to load Windows. May I ask how I may obtain the Windows 11 OEM license key? so that I can reinstall Windows. On the laptop box...