Windows 10: Re-activating windows after motherboard change

Discus and support Re-activating windows after motherboard change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I recently changed out my motherboard and have to re-activate windows 10. It's a retail copy and I have a digital license but when I click "I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MarcusK316, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Re-activating windows after motherboard change

Hello! I recently changed out my motherboard and have to re-activate windows 10. It's a retail copy and I have a digital license but when I click "I changed hardware on this device recently" under the trouble shooter it tells me it is unable to reactivate because the servers aren't working but I've had that message the last 2 days. I don't have a product key.

:)

MarcusK316, Jul 24, 2020

2. Re-activating windows after motherboard change

I bought a PC from Cyberpower and it had the full version of windows 10 on the hard drive, I recently did an hardware upgrade (motherboard, CPU, RAM)

and when I booted the computer up again after the upgrade it said I needed to re activate windows. And when I go to re activate on this pc after the hardware change it says that this pc cannot be re activated.

AlecStrahan, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Re-activating Windows 10 after motherboard change.

Hi everyone

I am currently using Windows 10 Build 1607 (Anniversary edition). I had bought a pre-built pc with windows 8 OEM version which I upgraded to windows 10 using the free upgrade program. Now in settings it says my Windows is activated using a digital license
    which is linked to my Microsoft account. Will I have to re-install windows after changing the motherboard? Will I be able to re-activate my windows after changing my motherboard using the activation troubleshooter?

Alex Sebastian Manjakunnel, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Graf Dyon Win User

Re-activating windows after motherboard change

Can't activate windows 10 after changing motherboard

Hello,

I can't activate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard.

The license I have is a Windows 7 Pro license, that got changed into a Windows 10 license, when the upgrade was free.

Steps I took previous to the motherboard change:

- I linked my Microsoft account with my device, so that my license is registered under my account (it showed up with my mail in the accounts section)

Now, with the new motherboard built in, I can't activate Windows 10 anymore.

I tried the support steps listed by the Microsoft helper (Activation -> Click Troubleshoot), but that did not work.

In the Activitation settings I get the error code: 0xC004F213

Does anybody know a solution for this, as I haven't found one so far.

Graf Dyon, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Re-activating windows after motherboard change

1. Re-activating windows after motherboard change - Similar Threads - activating motherboard change

2. Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change: Hi,I recently built a PC and transferred my Windows 10 Pro license to it.Unfortunately the Motherboard turned out to be deflective and had to be replaced.Now after Windows installation with the new Motherboard, running into the error below whenever I try to Activate the...
  3. Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change: Hi,I recently built a PC and transferred my Windows 10 Pro license to it.Unfortunately the Motherboard turned out to be deflective and had to be replaced.Now after Windows installation with the new Motherboard, running into the error below whenever I try to Activate the...
  4. Re-Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Cannot get Windows 11 re-activated after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get Windows 11 re-activated after Motherboard change: I bought a Windows 11 Home license from Microsoft Store and was running fine for more than 6 months and then I picked up a Hardware problem after power surge. Could not get into Windows any more and had to replace Motherboard. Got my backup restored and when trying to...
  6. Cannot get Windows 11 re-activated after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get Windows 11 re-activated after Motherboard change: I bought a Windows 11 Home license from Microsoft Store and was running fine for more than 6 months and then I picked up a Hardware problem after power surge. Could not get into Windows any more and had to replace Motherboard. Got my backup restored and when trying to...
  7. Re-activating my Windows 10 after motherboard change

Re-activating my Windows 10 after motherboard change: I recently changed the motherboard on my desktop computer running Windows 10. The problem is I didn't know that beforehand I was supposed to tell windows that I would be changing my hardware. Is there any way i can re-activate Windows 10 or am I stuck until i re-buy Windows...
  8. Activation After changing motherboard

Activation After changing motherboard: Hi So I just changed motherboards and my license isn't activating. I have tried using my microsoft account to sign in and activate the license with no luck. Please let me know if there is a way I can reset the license as its rather annoying that I got the license and...
  9. Re-activating windows after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-activating windows after motherboard change: I bought a PC from Cyberpower and it had the full version of windows 10 on the hard drive, I recently did an hardware upgrade (motherboard, CPU, RAM) and when I booted the computer up again after the upgrade it said I needed to re activate windows. And when I go to re...
  10. Activation after motherboard change.

Activation after motherboard change.: I have three computers running Windows 10 in the house. I have just replaced the motherboard in my desktop and now it says it needs activation. I have not replaced the hard disks so it is exactly the same version of windows 10 that has run fine since doing a free upgrade from...