Windows 10: re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro)

Discus and support re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My mum gave me her Laptop which she had from new. She had upgraded free to windows 10 from 8.1. when I got the laptop I re-installed windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jaynefowler, Apr 12, 2019.

1. re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro)

Hi, My mum gave me her Laptop which she had from new. She had upgraded free to windows 10 from 8.1. when I got the laptop I re-installed windows 10 (PRO) and have never been able to activate. I believe she'd had Home version. I do not have a product key but when she gave it to me it was genuinly activated. I have read that it's now digital and stored on microsofts servers. If I do a new install of Windows 10 HOME will it automatically activate? If not what are my options please? Please help. Thanks in advance

:)

jaynefowler, Apr 12, 2019
  2. tigger Win User

Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

I bought a win 10 pro oem key for £25, changed my motherboard and cpu, and reinstalled windows, and it activated automatically. So I would say why not buy pro?

From here-
    Buy Windows 10 Professional license online - Softwaregeeks.co.uk

Was near enough instant delivery of key by email, and it activated on my original install, and on a clean install with changed hardware. Can't say fairer than that for £25

tigger, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Apr 12, 2019
  4. re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro)

Activation Windows 10 Pro.

• The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core
      will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro
      will install Windows 10 Pro

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If the edition of Windows 10 installed does not correspond with the edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 you were previously running, then you need to reinstall the right edition.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows

Andre Da Costa, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro)

1. re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro) - Similar Threads - activation reinstall pro

2. Re-upgrade to Windows 10 Pro after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-upgrade to Windows 10 Pro after reinstallation: My laptop came with Windows 10 Home originally. I purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade on March 19 2020. Due to a recent Windows issue, I had to reinstall Windows and chose the Windows 10 Pro installation from the download. However, I currently have Windows 10 Home now...
  3. Re-upgrade to Windows 10 Pro after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-upgrade to Windows 10 Pro after reinstallation: My laptop came with Windows 10 Home originally. I purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade on March 19 2020. Due to a recent Windows issue, I had to reinstall Windows and chose the Windows 10 Pro installation from the download. However, I currently have Windows 10 Home now...
  4. Re-upgrade to Windows 10 Pro after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 pro activation after reinstalling windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro activation after reinstalling windows.: Hello! I had a windows 10 pro activation before i installed Linux to my laptop and also wiping windows at the same time now when i installed windows back it says i have an home license from my account which is true but i also had the pro activation on this device and all my...
  6. Re-activating Windows after reinstallation

Re-activating Windows after reinstallation: hello, I've reinstalled windows on my laptop, and now it is in 'not activated' windows status. This is kinda old laptop, I've bought ~7 years ago in official retailer shop with pre-installed windows. I can see my device on account page, but can't access the old windows key to...
  7. Activation of Windows 10 Pro after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation of Windows 10 Pro after reinstallation: Hello, I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my main PC. The reinstallation was successful. I ended up having a Windows 10 Home version. It was successful activated. I then upgraded to a Windows 10 Pro version via the Microsoft Store, and I am sure I selected Windows 10 Pro,...
  8. Windows 10 Pro and this re-activation

Windows 10 Pro and this re-activation: Not a fan of microsoft I one when my MacBook Pro was stolen, which I did off craigslist. Well now This thing is telling me that I need to activate this . Man, this was working fine. What is this, I thought all computers came with every pc today?...
  9. Re activating windows 10 pro

Re activating windows 10 pro: Hi there, I have windows 10 pro on my device and it is deactivated, I entered the product key I have but its not working, I tried the Microsoft store and it has "something bad happen" so, currently I cant use my laptop and all Microsoft applications are stopped working...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Re-activation

Windows 10 Pro Re-activation: product has only been on this PC - I had to swap motherboards and switched SSD but I just bought it less than a month ago - you must be able to check iP address?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reactivate server 2019 after reinstall

2. i had win 10 pro but home reinstalled

3. activate windows 10 pro after a reinstall

4. i had win 10 home version licensed. i reinstalled