Windows 10: Re-Activation help

Discus and support Re-Activation help in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The windows on my PC is not OEM, It was an upgrade from 8.1 to 10. I have re activated windows on this pc before but now it seems i cannot. I have took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MisplacedGarage, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Re-Activation help

The windows on my PC is not OEM, It was an upgrade from 8.1 to 10. I have re activated windows on this pc before but now it seems i cannot. I have took the "other" PCs off of my account to make room for my "new" one. The quotes are because i have changed my hardware. My account does have a valid product linked to it as i had done it before. I get an error saying that the servers cannot connect. After restarting i have a prompt saying "Unable to activate windows". When clicking "see other devices linked" it comes up with nothing; I removed them.

:)

MisplacedGarage, Aug 4, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Re-Activation help

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Re-Activation help

1. Re-Activation help - Similar Threads - Activation help

2. Help! I recently bought a new motherboard and now I can not activate windows and the help...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help! I recently bought a new motherboard and now I can not activate windows and the help...: I originally bought windows 7 with a physical copy about 9 years ago. Through various moves I do not have the physical key anymore. And since I upgraded to windows 10, I didnt think I would need it. I was wrong. Now I can not activate windows on my PC because I upgraded...
  3. Need Help activating Microsoft Outlook for Windows 10

Need Help activating Microsoft Outlook for Windows 10: Purchased Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019 but keep getting error message that the product key that came with the purchase is not for Outlook. How to resolve ?...
  4. Need Help Activating Windows

Need Help Activating Windows: So I just recently built a new PC and am trying to get Windows 10 Home activated through the digital license. My previous laptop had it installed, and I'm unable to activate it on the new PC. Went through the troubleshoot, and only see my previous laptop available to...
  5. Hello i need help my windows is not activated.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Hello i need help my windows is not activated.: When i bought teh laptop it had Windows 10 on but when i woke up it was not activated for some reasons please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-need-help-my-windows-is-not-activated/0f91a053-cc82-435f-b1d9-7c7aa74ded12"
  6. I need help activating my Office 365 app

I need help activating my Office 365 app: I am trying to activate my Office 365 on my Lenovo, it comes free with the laptop but it keeps asking me to purchase it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-activating-my-office-365-app/34457e78-b259-4e43-a9f7-1c6e62f4f4c3"
  7. Been unable to activate Windows for months now, tried multiple fixes, can anyone help?

Been unable to activate Windows for months now, tried multiple fixes, can anyone help?: A few months back I got a few parts of my computer upgraded, one of them being my motherboard along with my power supply and graphics card. And ever since then, I think it took a few weeks before a message has been glaringly annoying on the bottom right of my screen....
  8. Need help activating Windows 10 Pro since hardware change

Need help activating Windows 10 Pro since hardware change: I recently had to change my motherboard due to it getting short circuited/fried seemingly out of nowhere leaving me without being able to prepare for a hardware change. Now that i have my PC up and running it is now telling me I need to Activate Windows even though I have...
  9. Question: How do I volunteer to help with the active development of my Sticky Notes app?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question: How do I volunteer to help with the active development of my Sticky Notes app?...: It's taking too long for Sticky Notes 3.7 to come out for everyone with the much-needed fix for the known issue of notes being hidden behind the big list of notes while I try to edit a note. I hope all the public releases of the Sticky Notes app will be at least as reliable...
  10. Hi i am facing problem in window activation key i have attached screenshot also please help...

Hi i am facing problem in window activation key i have attached screenshot also please help...: [ATTACH]please hhelp me regarding this i am facing issue from several days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-am-facing-problem-in-window-activation-key-i/21e9b25d-6f25-4313-be29-37e17fbc86e3"