Windows 10: Re-activation of Windows 10 aniversary update when changig dead cpu

Discus and support Re-activation of Windows 10 aniversary update when changig dead cpu in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm in need of some advise on windows 10 and new component. Backstory: Recently I have checked that CPU is fried and I do not have a habit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jayden Aka, May 3, 2019.

1. Re-activation of Windows 10 aniversary update when changig dead cpu

Hi guys,

I'm in need of some advise on windows 10 and new component.

Backstory: Recently I have checked that CPU is fried and I do not have a habit for backup. I was running on Windows 10 which was a free upgrade from my Original Window 7.

I'm looking to get a new motherboard and cpu would like to check if I would have any issue booting into the system?

Also my previous set up was an Intel based cpu and I'm looking to move to the AMD Ryzen CPU set. Will there be any issue of compatibility issue since my Windows were previously installed on Intel based cpu?

:)

Jayden Aka, May 3, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, May 3, 2019
  3. windows 10 aniversary update

i wish to update my windows 10 (v1511) into windows 10 aniversary update (v1607).my windows 10 is single language edition and genuine os. it is permanently activated to my laptop.if i update into new version what happen to my product key?.can i use previous
    product key?

need i buy a new key?

JanakaSanjaya, May 3, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Re-activation of Windows 10 aniversary update when changig dead cpu

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Re-activation of Windows 10 aniversary update when changig dead cpu

1. Re-activation of Windows 10 aniversary update when changig dead cpu - Similar Threads - activation aniversary update

2. re-activate windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    re-activate windows 10: I need help to re-activate windows 10, after transferring the system drive to a friends computer, and back again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-activate-windows-10/c236f6c5-7bef-4d64-8dc6-2871b26986a6
  3. windows 10 re-activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 re-activation: Hi i resently got a new samsung m.2 ssd and i wanted to install my windows on my m.2 ssd instead of my old ssd to improve my computers overall performance but while downloading windows i rembembered that i needed to activate windows but i lost my product key a few years ago...
  4. Re-activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-activating Windows 10: I was on my computer when the power went out. When it came back on, Windows 10 was no longer activated. I have been trying to re-activate it, but nothing works. Windows was already installed on the computer when I bought it....
  5. Revive a dead CPU?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Revive a dead CPU?: Is it possible to revive a dead CPU? There are no broken/bent pins. Physically it looks 100% but the motherboard's vrm cooked and sparked. Placing the old cpu into the new board it doesn't boot. Powers on but I can't even get into the bios. 139944
  6. How to re-activate windows 10 after upgrading CPU?

How to re-activate windows 10 after upgrading CPU?: Well this is stupid, windows has lost my key as i've upgraded processor. I tried following: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change but this isn't working. After the "I changed hardware on this device recently" step it...
  7. Windows 10 re-activation

Windows 10 re-activation: My computer freaked out last night and I lost all of my files and I had to reinstall windows through a usb. I reinstalled it and now it wants me to activate windows. I already payed for it a couple years ago and dont want to pay for it again. I can not find any activation on...
  8. Aniversary Update

Aniversary Update: I run a Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit from Belgium. Reguarly I check for updates: the last system one was on 10 Aug 2016: "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3176493)". I expected the Aniversary Update (02 Aug 2016). Winver says I still...
  9. Missing Aniversary Update

Missing Aniversary Update: Howdy. I work for a small IT firm and we have been auditing our clients. In this audit we have found a large percentage that have never received the anniversary update. One client in particular with over 50 PCs (Win 10 pro) has about 60% still on build 10586. I have spot...
  10. Re-activating windows 10

Re-activating windows 10: Hi I have this week completed building my new Pc and I have received a message in settings you need to activate windows 10 which was a free download in July 2015 as I was upgrading from windows 7,however the product code I have does not work and Microsoft said I will have to...