Windows 10: Re-activation of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation

Discus and support Re-activation of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought Windows 10 Pro retail product key from Amazon. It works well. I also linked it to my Microsoft account "windows is activated with digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lương Minh Trí, May 19, 2020.

1. Re-activation of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation

Hi,

I bought Windows 10 Pro retail product key from Amazon. It works well. I also linked it to my Microsoft account "windows is activated with digital license linked to your microsoft account"

After that, I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstation in Windows Store. But I do not receive any product key for Windows 10 Pro for workstation.

If somehow I reinstall or install on other computer, how can I activate Windows 10 Pro for Workstation ? I supposed I can transfer the license of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation to other computer, am I right ?

:)

Lương Minh Trí, May 19, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 PRO FOR WORKSTATIONS ACTIVATION

I recently bought a Lenovo P51 mobile workstation which had a pre installed
    windows 10 pro for workstations
    key. Due to some software issues, i had to format my laptop and after a clean installation of windows 10 pro, I entered the original key that came in BIOS ( I had used Nirsoft product key finder to find out my BIOS key
    & my win 10 pro for workstations key before formatting my laptop). Windows shows as 'activated', however the product is shown as
    Windows 10 pro.

So which version of windows is running on my laptop- Windows 10 pro
    or windows 10 pro for workstations ?

In case it is windows 10 pro, then how do I get my windows 10 pro for workstations version
    back ?

RAKESH BHOSALE, May 19, 2020
  3. Versions of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?

It's just listed the once as Windows 10 Professional for Workstations on my Visual Studio Windows 10 Business ISO. And I only have the one set of Product Codes for Pro for Workstations. I've run it, can't remeber if I've even clean installed it though?
    Windows 10 (business edition), version 1803 (Updated Sep 2018) (x64) - DVD (English)

For this multi-edition Business media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.Windows 10 Pro for Workstations product keys will also activate the VL multi-edition media.

This multi-edition Business media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations N
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N
    Windows 10 Enterprise
    Windows 10 Enterprise N

Released: 9/18/2018
    SHA1: D302D2E752C01E53996AE292A8DD4CDF49916BAD
    File name: en_windows_10_business_edition_version_1803_updated_sep_2018_x64_dvd_37051f54.iso

Windows 10 (consumer edition), version 1803 (Updated Sep 2018) (x64) - DVD (English)
    For this multi-edition Consumer media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.

From the desktop, select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Activation. Select Change product key and enter your product key. If the key is valid, you'll be asked to confirm the edition change, and Windows then performs it for you.

Windows 10 Professional, version 1709 or newer, will need to be installed before using the Window 10 Pro for Workstations product key to activate the edition. BothWindows 10 Professional and Windows 10 Pro for Workstations product keys will activate Windows 10 Professional, version 1709 or newer media.

This multi-edition Consumer media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 Home N
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations N
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Core Single Language
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N

Released: 9/18/2018
    SHA1: 0208398915C08FE03F6C63FAEA9DCC9BBBD00532
    File name: en_windows_10_consumer_edition_version_1803_updated_sep_2018_x64_dvd_69339216.iso

alphanumeric, May 19, 2020
  4. Re-activation of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation

how to install and download the new windows 10 pro workstation

I've done a couple of clean installs, both with the MCT ISO and my Visual Studio Subscription ISO, Windows 10 Pro Workstation was not listed as an option. Pro and Pro N were listed but no Workstation. On one of my Pro installs I did a change product key, entered one of my MSDN Pro Workstation Keys and it switched to Pro Workstation and activated with a Digital License. I have no idea how you clean install it though?

alphanumeric, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Re-activation of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation

1. Re-activation of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation - Similar Threads - activation Pro Workstation

2. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  3. Windows 10 Pro activated and then upgraded to Windows Workstation Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activated and then upgraded to Windows Workstation Pro: My workstation crashed and I rebuilt it with the same Windows 10 pro license key. I want to upgrade back to Windows Workstation Pro but do not know how to retrieve the key from purchase history under my Microsoft Account. How do I get the key? On my account it shows in the...
  4. Windows 10 Pro for Workstation Activation issue

Windows 10 Pro for Workstation Activation issue: I had to replace the motherboard on my PC. prior to the change I was running Window for workstation purchase via Windows App store. I was asked to activate this once the new motherboard so I put in the key i have use from Windows 8 DVD The computer has only activated...
  5. Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro for Workstations: Hello, I received a notification saying that Windows cannot be activated on this device because I do not have a valid digital license or product key. Error code: 0xC004F012 When I open the Troubleshooter it gives me a further error 0x8007000d, and cannot assist me with...
  6. RE: Win10 to Win10 pro or workstation

RE: Win10 to Win10 pro or workstation: What is the difference between win10 PRO and WORKSTATION? from WIN10 HOME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-win10-to-win10-pro-or-workstation/6bb55315-f915-492d-86cb-874245bbae6b
  7. Windows 10 Pro and this re-activation

Windows 10 Pro and this re-activation: Not a fan of microsoft I one when my MacBook Pro was stolen, which I did off craigslist. Well now This thing is telling me that I need to activate this . Man, this was working fine. What is this, I thought all computers came with every pc today?...
  8. Re activating windows 10 pro

Re activating windows 10 pro: Hi there, I have windows 10 pro on my device and it is deactivated, I entered the product key I have but its not working, I tried the Microsoft store and it has "something bad happen" so, currently I cant use my laptop and all Microsoft applications are stopped working...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Re-activation

Windows 10 Pro Re-activation: product has only been on this PC - I had to swap motherboards and switched SSD but I just bought it less than a month ago - you must be able to check iP address?...
  10. WINDOWS 10 PRO FOR WORKSTATIONS ACTIVATION

WINDOWS 10 PRO FOR WORKSTATIONS ACTIVATION: I recently bought a Lenovo P51 mobile workstation which had a pre installed windows 10 pro for workstations key. Due to some software issues, i had to format my laptop and after a clean installation of windows 10 pro, I entered the original key that came in BIOS ( I had used...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. serial windows 10 pro for workstations