Windows 10: Re-Activation of windows after mobo change

Discus and support Re-Activation of windows after mobo change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I changed my mobo and cpu, before I connected the licence for windows 10 pro to my Microsoft account, but now it says that im already logged in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RitzyBanjo50545, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Re-Activation of windows after mobo change

So I changed my mobo and cpu, before I connected the licence for windows 10 pro to my Microsoft account, but now it says that im already logged in and can't recover my licence

:)

RitzyBanjo50545, Dec 30, 2019

2. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Amol S. Win User
    Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Dec 30, 2019
  4. miguelbau Win User

Re-Activation of windows after mobo change

i changed mobo w10 asking to activate

i changed mobo w10 asking to activate

miguelbau, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Re-Activation of windows after mobo change

1. Re-Activation of windows after mobo change - Similar Threads - Activation mobo change

2. Re-Activation Windows after swapping MOBO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Activation Windows after swapping MOBO: How to I reactivate my windows key after swapping Motherboards? I followed all the troubleshooting steps with no resolution to issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-activation-windows-after-swapping-mobo/b0d620a3-a9a0-47ec-9079-ce06875ad54b
  3. Re-Activation Windows after swapping MOBO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Activation Windows after swapping MOBO: How to I reactivate my windows key after swapping Motherboards? I followed all the troubleshooting steps with no resolution to issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-activation-windows-after-swapping-mobo/b0d620a3-a9a0-47ec-9079-ce06875ad54b
  4. Re-Activation Windows after swapping MOBO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows won't activate after MoBo change

Windows won't activate after MoBo change: I need to reactivate Windows after I changed MoBo and CPU. I get the below message when trying the troubleshooter. Please help as I should not need to buy another license when it was fine prior to the change....
  6. Windows won't activate after MoBo change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't activate after MoBo change: I need to reactivate Windows after I changed MoBo and CPU. I get the below message when trying the troubleshooter. Please help as I should not need to buy another license when it was fine prior to the change....
  7. Windows 10 activation after mobo change

Windows 10 activation after mobo change: Hi! I recently change my mobo and since then naturally windows is telling me to activate. mobo was completely bricked I do have my product license key and have tried entering it, tried running troubleshooting50+ times probably by now I have when i enter the license key i...
  8. Windows activation after mobo and cpu change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows activation after mobo and cpu change: Hello, I've recently replaced my mobo and cpu and now my Windows 10 is not activated. Before the hardware upgrade I'd checked the activation was linked to my Windows account and I'm signed in on that same account post-upgrade but the troubleshooter isn't working. When I...
  9. Unable to re-activate windows after MOBO upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to re-activate windows after MOBO upgrade: I have recently installed a new motherboard, and the only thing left to do is reactivate Windows 10. I thought this was going to be easy. I prepared in advance by making sure my digital license was linked to my Microsoft account. After running the activation troubleshooter,...
  10. Windows Activation after mobo change

Windows Activation after mobo change: Hi I have a legitimate version of Windows that I got many years ago as Windows 7. I have since upgraded this to Windows 10 and no longer have the CD with my product key stated on it - as I assumed my license was tied to my digital account. I have recently upgraded my mobo...