Windows 10: Re-activation request after owning for 18 months

Discus and support Re-activation request after owning for 18 months in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been receiving a pop up screen stating I need to activate my Windows 10 Pro. I have had this product for over 18 months. I had Windows 8 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Photo1_AJKP, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Re-activation request after owning for 18 months

I have been receiving a pop up screen stating I need to activate my Windows 10 Pro. I have had this product for over 18 months. I had Windows 8 but needed to upgrade my hard drive at which time I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. The problem is I am out of town for the next couple months and do not have access to the code, which is at home.

Why is this request happening as I purchased the product so long ago?

Is there any solution without having the product code?

:)

Photo1_AJKP, Feb 12, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 12, 2019
  3. wolf Win User
    True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

4. Re-activation request after owning for 18 months

Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months

The PC has been playing up the last few weeks and I suspected a virus although Norton says there is not a virus, it means nothing.

When I went to reset my software today it says

Windows isn't activated as you do not have a valid license key error 0xC004F012

I haven't started rebuilding my PC yet but as I am worried i wont get it back. I had Windows 7 and it was upgraded to 10, probably around 18-21 months ago and it has been fine and activated.

Has anyone else had this? It was activated, this error is recent in the last week

Thanks

Bluebird819, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Re-activation request after owning for 18 months

1. Re-activation request after owning for 18 months - Similar Threads - activation request owning

2. Offline re-Activation clock -- what if > 1 month offline?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Offline re-Activation clock -- what if > 1 month offline?: Depending on my travels, I'm occassionally offline for > 1 month. IIUC, Windows10 &/or Office disable themselves -- some/all functionality? -- if time-passed since last activation check's been more than a month. How does one deal with extended offline time, while still...
  3. Windows 10 Activation - After Re Installation

Windows 10 Activation - After Re Installation: Hi My name is Tariq, I need assistance regarding activation of my Laptop Windows 10. When i bought there were windows 7 Installed then automatically upgraded to windows 10. Then one day my laptop windows get corrupted and I reinstall windows 10. now after installation,...
  4. Re-activation

Re-activation: I've switched hardware (including motherboard) on my computer and as soon as I started the newly built PC I realised that windows wasn't able to activate. There's an option to troubleshoot so I did just that and proceedingly i pressed the "I have recently swithced hardware on...
  5. Re-activation after hardware change

Re-activation after hardware change: I recently changed motherboards, and when I booted up my computer, windows was deactivated. I am signed in to the same account I was before, and didn't change editions of windows. I have tried using the built-in troubleshooter, even choosing the "I changed hardware recently"...
  6. Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months

Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months: The PC has been playing up the last few weeks and I suspected a virus although Norton says there is not a virus, it means nothing. When I went to reset my software today it says Windows isn't activated as you do not have a valid license key error 0xC004F012 I haven't...
  7. windows activation request

windows activation request: What does error code 0xC004F071 mean? The computer is wanting an activation of Windows but it was activated two years ago. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-request/ef5d61a7-6a33-4a9b-bc1e-c5c12cee6e94"
  8. Windows de-actived, and won't re-activate. I own a product key.

Windows de-actived, and won't re-activate. I own a product key.: Hello. I restarted my computer, and noticed a message in the bottom right corner that Windows isn't activated. When I went to settings, I got the following message: "we can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you...
  9. Windows won't activate after its been activated for months

Windows won't activate after its been activated for months: I'm receiving error code c004c003 when my desktop has previously been activated for months. Microsoft told me that this was a known issue affecting many many people. They said to wait 24-48 hours for it to be automatically fixed. I've waited, and now my desktop won't...
  10. activation request

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activation request: I did the Free upgrade to Windows 10. from Windows 7 and now I getting request to activate again, where do I find the digital license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/activation-request/5b23429d-983a-45ce-9ef7-6ca8849d5c3b