Windows 10: Re-activation request after owning for 18 months

Discus and support Re-activation request after owning for 18 months in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been receiving a pop up screen stating I need to activate my Windows 10 Pro. I have had this product for over 18 months. I had Windows 8 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Photo1_AJKP, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Re-activation request after owning for 18 months

I have been receiving a pop up screen stating I need to activate my Windows 10 Pro. I have had this product for over 18 months. I had Windows 8 but needed to upgrade my hard drive at which time I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. The problem is I am out of town for the next couple months and do not have access to the code, which is at home.

Why is this request happening as I purchased the product so long ago?

Is there any solution without having the product code?

:)

Photo1_AJKP, Feb 12, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 12, 2019
  3. wolf Win User
    True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

4. Re-activation request after owning for 18 months

Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months

The PC has been playing up the last few weeks and I suspected a virus although Norton says there is not a virus, it means nothing.

When I went to reset my software today it says

Windows isn't activated as you do not have a valid license key error 0xC004F012

I haven't started rebuilding my PC yet but as I am worried i wont get it back. I had Windows 7 and it was upgraded to 10, probably around 18-21 months ago and it has been fine and activated.

Has anyone else had this? It was activated, this error is recent in the last week

Thanks

Bluebird819, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Re-activation request after owning for 18 months

1. Re-activation request after owning for 18 months - Similar Threads - activation request owning

2. Service request is not owned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service request is not owned: Hi.For some reason, when I try to use the support chat, I get this message instead of the chat window. Does someone know why I need Microsoft's support about starting a Microsoft support chat?...
  3. Service request is not owned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service request is not owned: Hi.For some reason, when I try to use the support chat, I get this message instead of the chat window. Does someone know why I need Microsoft's support about starting a Microsoft support chat?...
  4. Over the past 18 months I've had to re-install the Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers once &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Over the past 18 months I've had to re-install the Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers once &...: This is not a problem that happens a lot but occasional the Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers on my Windows 11 machine appear to become corrupted meaning I lose BT connectivity. On the first occasion I needed to re-install the latest version of the drivers and on the second...
  5. Over the past 18 months I've had to re-install the Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers once &...

Over the past 18 months I've had to re-install the Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers once &...: This is not a problem that happens a lot but occasional the Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers on my Windows 11 machine appear to become corrupted meaning I lose BT connectivity. On the first occasion I needed to re-install the latest version of the drivers and on the second...
  6. Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months: Hi. I'm turning on my Win 10 Desktop PC for the first time for 18 months.It cannot be easily networked just at the moment but I need to log into it.I was expected a password which I know but am being asked for a PIN which I don't.Is there a way to reveal my PIN on another...
  7. Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months

Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months: Hi. I'm turning on my Win 10 Desktop PC for the first time for 18 months.It cannot be easily networked just at the moment but I need to log into it.I was expected a password which I know but am being asked for a PIN which I don't.Is there a way to reveal my PIN on another...
  8. Desktop PC turned on for first time after 18 months

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Windows activation request pop-up, 5 months after SSD change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation request pop-up, 5 months after SSD change: I bought a Sony Vaio in 2013/2014, with windows 7 or 8. Then I upgraded to windows 10 when windows 10 was launched. 5 months ago, my SSD crashed, and a technician changed it. After 5 months, I have a pop-up asking me to activate windows asap because the license is about to...
  10. Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months: The PC has been playing up the last few weeks and I suspected a virus although Norton says there is not a virus, it means nothing. When I went to reset my software today it says Windows isn't activated as you do not have a valid license key error 0xC004F012 I haven't...